1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc New Leo Vince Silencer 09-11 WR 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Joe Chod, Jul 14, 2011.

1. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I like the idea of being quiet. My FMF works fine but I might have to get one of these if they really do make a big difference. How hard is it to clean the screen?
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Everybody calm down, I was just poking a little fun back! If I was really starting a feud.... You wouldn't be wondering. you'd know it! :busted:
  3. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The screen is right at the end , held with a allen cap head. Could not be any better.
  4. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Where are people getting these from? I had my local shop call Leo Vince and they said they did not make a 125 silencer. I took in a screen shot from their own web page showing it and the dealer finally was able to get someone from Leo Vince to realize they do make it. They guy told him they were 4 weeks out though.

Also how quiet are they when on the pipe? I remember that with my 06 the stock WR silencer was really quiet at idle but once screaming it seemed just as loud as the FMF.
  5. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well it has been a month and my local shop had the Leo Vince distributer in today. Now the story is that I need to order in advance and it will be drop shipped straight from Italy. I guess I will give him the money and hope I see the silencer some time. Unless someone knows where one would be in stock?
  6. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

More problems. I just called Bills to see if they had one and was told that the 09 silencer is different from the 2010/2011. I thought they were the same? I was told it could work with slight modification. Anyway, has anyone put the Leo Vince on a 09 125 and if so was any modification necessary?

Thanks
  7. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't know why you couldn't order the 2010/11 silencer. Even FMF lists the same part number for the different years. I know the pipe mounting is different since I had to make an adapter to get the 2010 FMF pipe to fit my 2009.
  8. thebleakness Husqvarna
    C Class

Any info on what it would take to make this work? Leo Vince is a sponsor for my race series and gives us a good deal on pipes, if I can make this fit on my '06 I would get one. Anyone know what it would take?
  9. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

09 was an aluminum can, the ones that break and fall off all the time. 10' and the 09' update and by the looks of pictures, 12 and 11 are stainless. All i know is swapping the stainless update silencer and aluminum is fine. No issues.
  10. thebleakness Husqvarna
    C Class

Are the pipe dimensions any different at the stinger end? One of my exhaust tabs on the subframe is already broken so if I need to reweld it in a different spot to make it all work, I can easily do that.
  11. thebleakness Husqvarna
    C Class

Anyone know the differences? I called up LV and they are supposed to get back to me but it would be nice to know from others as well. Thanks!
  12. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    I bought one of these for my 2012 and the thimble size screen plugs very quickly and it is difficult to remove and clean. When you go to remove it, the screw has a tendency to fall into the carbon fiber end cover and then you have to take the whole thing off so you can wiggle it back and forth in order to remove it. It is quiet, though. :D
  13. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fix the jetting and you won't have to take it out .
  14. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Welll... it is a two stroke. I don't think jetting will stop it from plugging. Burning oil tends to create precipitate. I do have a Leo Vince exhaust on my KTM LC4 640 and it never plugs up but of course, that's a four stroke. I actually just bought an new/old Cobra Sparky on flea bay and it has about four times the screen area and I installed it on the stock silencer. Even the instuctions for that one recommend cleaning every ten hours of operation. We will see how it works out.
  15. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Back in post #14 I pretty much said the screen would be a problem. In the mid 70's even Hodaka quit using screens and went to a turbin core type SA. Maybe they went the cheap route on the SA since they don't need them to ride on their side of the pond and threw it in for the US market?
  16. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

unless you plan on road racing your 125 at a fixed elevation... it will spew oil into the silencer. Go to gifford and ride a few thousand feet of elevation change and a 30* temp swing from when you unload to when you get back to the rig, and expect it to not dump a little oil in the silencer?
  17. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I ride all the same spots too ,mine doesn't spooge more than a drip or two and the screen was clean all year .
  18. thebleakness Husqvarna
    C Class

I got an X3 the test on my '06 and it appears that it will work. It has a slightly different bend so it hangs at more of an angle but mounts up fine. It would need a spacer however to clear the tire when it moves up. The carbon fiber mount slides up to about 1/3 of the way to the endcap and is almost hidden by the sideplate. Sweet looking pipe but sadly I have to sell it. I listed it in the classifieds if anyone is interested.