1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

New look with the IMS Tank 2

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by HuskyDude, Sep 6, 2008.

1. krasht Husqvarna
    AA Class

Stock Decals

Just peeled them off slowly and carefully and tried not to stretch them in the process. The stickum is pretty good stuff, just be sure to wash your hands real good first.
  2. meletis Husqvarna
    B Class

just got my IMS tank and i am wondering if your mods are still OK.
    Should i use the velcro solution??
  3. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Yup...the "Goop" I used is still holding up just fine.:thumbsup:
    Over to months of single track and no signs of plastic peeling off.
    Although my plastic is showing signs of wear from going off through the bush alot.:D
    How's everyone else doing?
  4. jive turkey Husqvarna
    B Class

ims tanks

is that the ims tank that everyone said was bad and cracked? how has it held up?
  5. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Yes it is a "IMS" tank...read to post Man, from the beginning.
    But I have had no problems with it.
    It's a great tank and I'm very glad "Halls" went the extra mile
    for us by pre ordering tanks from IMS.:thumbsup:
  6. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I went with the velcro route. Lost a shroud on the freeway. Now I use more velcro.
    Had a defect in my tank. Called Hall's and Jeff didn't even question me. He sent a new tank and a return shipping tag. Gotta like that customer service.

[IMG]
  7. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I'm pretty sure jive turkey already knew it was an IMS tank; He wanted to know if this was the IMS tank that has been giving everyone fits.

By the way, welcome to the forum, jive turkey! Stop on by the "Welcome to the forum" thread and introduce yourself:thumbsup:

I put my 5gal IMS tank on a few days ago. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the tank for the `07 610 has mounting holes for the shrouds. It looks pretty good but the tank is freakishly large! I rode it for the first time today and it felt fine, but feels heavy in the turns.

WoodsChick
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    More throttle!!! :lol:
  9. krasht Husqvarna
    AA Class

Leaking IMS Tank

Went out to the garage Tuesday morning and smelled gas. Upon further inspection found a puddle of gas under the Husky. Pulled the tank and found the right side wing cracked, (inside,lower in corner,pics attached).
    Emailed Jeff at Hall`s and received a reply right away, He shipped me a replacement right away with a return label in the box for the bad tank.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

3 M

depending on the city, there are company stores that will help you figure out what 3m product you need for the job. sometimes determining the type of plastic is a bit difficult. i have used them many times in working on monoques on formula cars for adhesives. great products stand they stand behind it all the way.
  11. jcarlson9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

velcro or glue

my decals on my tank are now bubbling up after about a month of being on.the goop sounds ok,but wouldn't the velcro cause the pannels to stick out a bit to much from the surface of the tank ?
  12. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    The velcro works and looks pretty good. but even the glue on the velcro is bubbling a bit. When I pulled off the shrouds to wash the bike it peeled up.
  13. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Has anyone bought the PERFORATED TANK DECALSPG-IMS-DSHR from Hall's and if so how are they holding up?

It kinda sucks you have to destroy the side panels to fit the new tanks
    but at the time I couldn't think of any other solution.:excuseme:

Mine are still good even after dropping the bike several time trying to take it skiing:lol:
  14. jcarlson9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

bubbles

The ones that are bubbling up on my bike are from hall and are perforated
  15. jcarlson9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

16. Wellsy Husqvarna
    B Class

jcarlson9, where did you get that seat? I was thinking of shaving mine since my bike is a little tall. I'm 5'9" and like to be able to put my feet down if I need to.
  17. jcarlson9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

seat

Its the stock seat cut down.You can do it your self or get a local shop to do it for you,it lowers seat hieght bout 2 in:)
  18. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I want one of those cameras that can see into the future.

I think I'm going to use a combination of industrial strength velcro and some 3M Nameplate repair tape to mount the shrouds. Maybe try to seal up the leading edge as much as possible to cut down on the wind pulling it loose.

Edit....did one side with velcro and it turned out fine. Heading off to buy more velcro.

Edit....finished Last 3 pics in this group...http://gallery.me.com/glangston1#100024&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=12

Looks better with the black tank but this worked out OK. Finally got the LED tail light installed too.
  19. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

here is your bike.. seems like you are missing the middle fastner like the rest of us that have mounted the shrouds on the IMS tank.

let us know how your attachment process fares..

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  20. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    I've hesitated trying to stick the shrouds on the tank. I don't think they'd stay on the IMS up here in the hairy fern infested stuff I get coerced into riding in. If you tend to drop yer bike much it may not work out well either. Fast1, are those pics recent? None of us have been able to keep things that pretty without replacing parts. How many miles are you up to?