No homologation, USA: Red sticker. Huskies illegal in pro motocross?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by RollinHusky, Jul 18, 2012.

1. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 Yamaha 100 something!!
    I was asking myself the same question. Why go through all the trouble? We're all seeing what the results are for KTM, so that should be an indication of what to do. I'm never going to be a pro racer, so I'll stick with the bike 'cause it works good, but I can't see anybody who wants to become a pro ever want to pick one up.
  2. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Seems like it. If the rules have been there for awhile, then I'm not going to blame the AMA, but it still sucks. I went to Daytona for the Supercross this spring with my TC449 on the back rack of my SUV and I was amazed at the amount of people that stopped to look at it. Most had never seen one live. So I took a trip around the infield on it. My way of promoting the brand I guess!!
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  3. dbaz Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    81 250 OR, 85 400 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    Me too, I think this photo is now a life size picture on the wall of the family home in Canada, along with the X Games Bronze metal pictures. GO Cory "G" :thumbsup:
  4. dbaz Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    81 250 OR, 85 400 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    At Round 1 of the AMA West Hare Scrambles National Championship, in Arizona, we had 22 AA/Pro off-road racers and Cory was second behind WORCS Pro class winner, AMA National Motocross racer Kyle Summers on a Factory Supported Yamaha (Valie Racing). Yes, he races Pro2 at the WORCS races, but in that current formate of WORCS racing, his bike is not competitive. Off-Road YES, Moto/WORCS NO. Also, a Bronze Metal at X GAMES and beating Taddy, I think that was a Pro effort for Husky.
  5. motohio Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TC449,10 WR300,09 TC450, 83 CR250
    Back in 2009 before the outdoor season started I asked the head of the racing division at Husky NA if the TC 450 was legal to race in AMA pro racing. They said it was, so I ended up buying 2 TC 450s and was putting an assult together for the second half of the more east based national's. I wasnt planning on getting on the podium but just making the show like I had done in years past was good enough for me. The week after I get denied from the High Point national I had some strong words with HNA. They said that they didnt think anyone was going to be racing them at that level. Anyway for 2010 the TC 250 was homologated but I never got the oppertunity to put anything solid together.
  6. motohio Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TC449,10 WR300,09 TC450, 83 CR250
    Ray-ray; It was pretty sweet. Everyone on this board knows how it makes you feel when you go to a race and everyone looks at you and your bike like your from a different planet. It was just like that but on a bigger scale. No one likes to follow the norm, and with bikes this good why should we!
    WHITEROCKET5.9 and ray_ray like this.
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I never said Cory was not a Pro or the fact that he can ride like one.The original topic was about National Pro Motocross Where I stated that as far as I knew NO ONE was racing a 449/511 at the Pro level in that type of racing.You are the one that said the 449 in not competitive in the WORC type format not me I only stated some facts
    As far as I know only Bobby Bonds when at Zip Ty Racing raced a 449 in WORC in the PRO class
    As far as winning at the xgames Cory was on a TE 310 not a 449 which this topic is about.
    The 310 is a great bike I have rode many miles on one.
    The 310 is raced in Europe at the Pro level but once again this topic was started about the 449 in the Pro Motocross type races Where like I said I have yet to see one raced at that level any where

There is no question that Cory is a Pro I know that and so does everyone else Just the fact that his 449 is not raced in the pro class at WORC
  8. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

i wonder with this new for 2013 TC250 coming , the new top end, cylinder, piston, improved EFI, if husky will homologate that for 2013. ?? since it is the closest thing they have to run with the big 5.. ???? in MX.....
  9. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Let's hope so!!
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Its gotta sell certain numbers in some sort of way ... I'm vague here as that pimkikn than RD5 is riding was never on the showroom floor in the states yet it was being raced in the ama ... Someone explained it here how it was all legal to race it here according their rule book due to pre-sales or something written in the rules ...
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I thought the homologation rule was to stop someone (any backyard guy) from building a one-off bike that would dominate the racing ... Then I read where RV2 kiwi is just just that (a one-off bike) ... His bike has a kiwi serial number stamped on the frame I guess and the same size stroke as a stock bike but many many parts are not stock, they are re-made and customized ... Plus the article said his forks cannot be purchased anywhere ...

Its a one-off bike ... Each of the anointed 5 bike companies can make a one-off bike to race ... This homologate rule serves to keep the smaller companies out of racing only ... I don't even think their is real competition there amoung the bike makers ... Its just a smooth sailing ship for marketing their product ...
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  12. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dylan Wright was riding a Husky 150 last year in MX down in eastern Ontario, and flat out ruled the track. He was running junior, but he's now an intermediate and running real strong, although on a different machine. The fact that he rode a Husky last year, made a few guys switch over to the brand this season. Sure it's local amateur racing, but when you see 6 or more Huskies at a local track, it's cool. One rider, Kenzie Hennessy has qualified himself to race the Walton amateur national coming up soon. He's on a TC250. I guess what I'm saying is that it's up to the amateurs to keep getting the results and pushing the brand. Then maybe the the homologation will happen. Contingency up here in Canada for Husky riders would help out too!!
    robertaccio likes this.
  13. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

there was a good explination on the rules for the bikes a few years back, they can get clearnce to race a bike, even if the 50 are yet to hit the shores, as long as some money changed hands, commitments were made to deliver said bikes. this was discussed after the GP cycles problem and that was like 2 or 3 years ago. i would from a fans point of view, think that the TXC310 and the new tc250 would be the models to get cleared. IMHO also, with the husky incidnent, the SMR bikes were homologated, but the MXers needed to be, even thought they were escentually the same bike, ie: basic chassis, motor... go figure......
  14. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Mate you know an l know that Australian MX/SX is dominated by the big 4 and KTM, Husky haven't really delivered a great MX bike in decades and really haven't concentrated in that area. However, Husky has always been in Australian Offroad and to be honest, HVA is probably more focused on enduro than MX considering the last time a rider won World MX on a Husky was Chiodi on a CR125 in 99.

Regardless, sounds like the AMA have adopted Superbike rules where a certain amount of manufactured bikes are required for a model to be entered...but dirtbikes?? Com'on!!!

Our rules (Australia) are pretty much in line with FIM and no restrictions on a bike other than it must be a manufactured bike commonly available to the public with offroad being the bike must be registerable if not registered if competition requires use of public roads.
  15. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

seems as though there are different rules for flat track vs MX. years ago, chris carr raced a VOR in short track and TT. and i know that they didn't homologate the bikes, they didn't have the money. kind of wonder if there was a clause for champions on that deal ???? yet the ama in the flat track series won't allow a single to run against a twin in the GNC series. call it the harley rule if you will :)