1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Note to BMW/HVA

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ohmygewd, Oct 17, 2012.

1. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Trolling? I have owned 9 Huskies in the last 6 years and still have 3 if that's a troll then I'm a big one.

Thanks Ray you are making my morning coffee time a fun experience.
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Ray_ray...whose more pissed off me or you...ease up bloke and don't take it personally!

My original post was to point out/vent that the 2t brand is being left behind which is sad because it will turn people away from either updating or buying a new 2t husky when you stack up against the rest of the competition. The WR300 is ridiculously low in terms of RRP and it is a bargain ATM in Australia but their sales have decrease in our market due to the fact that it doesn't stack well against the other 2t's even if the motor out shine's the rest.

As a husky purist, it's utterly painful how a company as smart as BMW are allowing their flagship 2T to be left behind when a small bike manufacturer like Beta can release a spanking new 2t and the multi-bil $$ bmw watches it's 2t sales dwindle.

Rant over:banghead:
    hammer likes this.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I did just complete 3, 8hr days in a row on Leyte Island riding my 08 TXC250 (~1200 hrs on this beast) ... It's a little primitive and not for everyone I'd guess ...

My successfully > 300 mile ride was due to my Husqvarna ... I was just lucky enough to be along for the ride ...

101_0278.JPG
    DaveG321 likes this.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Old news. And a broken record. Do you want me to look up the bmw corporate HQ number for you? Please go fix that bmw place and get them to make the Husky you lust for ... And when that happens ... go to any competitor bike web site and talk about their crap bike and how good a Husky is.

My Husky yesterday ...
    101_0166.JPG
    DaveG321 likes this.
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  6. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    If you want a Gas Gas go buy it and enjoy or any other 2T, but don't criticize the Husky 2T line to make your purchase more user friendly. I would much rather hear the results of the purchase than the bitchin about Husky. I like both of mine real well but i have no illusions of my abilities to make it perform to it's capabilities, the WR's i own and ride are Yeoman like and fit the bill rather well, the only other choice i would make if i were 25yrs' younger would be TM. 6 speeds for what? Where does everyone go where they can run out all day tapped in 5th. gear. The latest NEPG had the top 2 spots in the A200cc class taken by ; you guessed it Husky. :popcorn: Ride On.......
    adam6402, water racer and ray_ray like this.
  7. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    You make me laugh Ray....hang on l'm on the phone with Klaus :thumbsup:
    ray_ray likes this.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  9. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease" If we can't bitch about the Husky bikes we love and the Huskies we would love to see here than where.
  10. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    200 class = 125/144 in new frame, just saying.

And the 6speed is not necessarily for riding tapped out... it's for cruising speed with out wringing the crap out of it!

There is two sides to every coin, but having ridden both new and old frame extensively, the new frame is better than the old frame. Better ergonomics too.
  11. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    GAS GAS PLEASE ,,,,,,,,,, ITS 20 LBS HEAVIER THAT ITS ADVERTISED WEIGHT !!! 245+
    water racer likes this.
  12. 080 Guest

Exactly, and probably the main reason most of us want it. When I need to jump on the main road to transfer to another section of trail I hate having to be at the top of 5th to do it. I've said it before that I really like my wr300 and if they come out with an updated DI/elect start/6speed I won't even bother looking elsewhere but if not I got to go with something else. I'm not brand loyal at all so I'm looking for quality and performance. Even though the husky is right there with eveyone else they are starting to fall behind with the upgrades that are offered by the others and that will hurt their sales.
  13. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    To All,

I really wasn't going to say anything, but things are getting a bit heated in this thread. Since it occurred in the 2T forum, I'm stepping in and asking everyone to politely agree to disagree. Take a big deep breath and relax. We all love Huskys which brought us here in the first place. Cafe Husky is a great place to discuss bikes, regardless of brand, and needs to remain so. I don't see anything wrong with discussing pros/cons of different Euro bikes. What I find wrong is when people take the debates a bit more personal and make attracts directed toward individuals.

IMHO talk about new models, different brands, etc. with the overall goal of highlighting their features, both good and bad. In the end, the voice of the customer (all of us) eventually gets heard and the comments make their way back to the manufacturers. Comments on GasGas, Beta, KTM, etc.. may just influence the future Husky that you will be riding. So relax and please discuss things openly (and politely).

Thanks,
    Matt
    Coffee, water racer, john01 and 5 others like this.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Guys, lets not make a TT experience here. Lighten up. All good points. Norm bought a Breg because husky was not offering anything for him. Nothing at all wrong with that and Norm is a very well established husky guy. I see nothing wrong with posting about other brands and the hopes and dreams we have for the future of husky models. I kinda dislike the brand bashing that has occurred since BMW took over but understand it. To put this in BMW's list of failures is IMHO not right as this bike should have been upgraded LONG ago, WAY before BMW. This is a Cagiva at heart and should have been upgraded in 04 and then in 09. But it was not and when BMW bought husky they looked at a dated 2 stroke that sold in tiny numbers and decided to work on the four stroke market and deal with the 2 stroke when they had to in 14/15. My guess.

That said I see nothing wrong with talking about out wants for a new 2 stroke line. This is what this forum is for. If were not happy with the current bikes for sure say so. I often times mentioned the need to upgrade and got hammered with the WR is as good as anything mind set. It is a good bike and has many good traits but IMHO need an update bad. Norm bought another brand when he would have bought a husky had they offered new WR250. Its all good, vote with your wallet and posts. And I like that people like Norm and others that bought the other brands still post here and let us know the differences and why the bikes need upgraded. It is all good to me. These are bikes, noting more and while I prefer the husky brand I get to sample a huge number of bikes and realize they all bring something tot he table and offer good stuff.

Lets not get side tracked by the bickering. Lets let other that have these newer bikes let us know why they are better and this can be motivation for husky / BMW to move on it if they wish. If they do not we will buy something else. I find all this good stuff and good reading / learning. Let leave it at that and learn from each other without the name calling and bashing brands.

I read TT and about puke half the time as it is blind bashing of the brand (mostly from one guy but...). that does nothing productive and make what was once a good site CRAP. I don't want to see any of that here. I want us to be able to talk about everything, like adults and learn from each other. I was one of the people always posting other brands offerings that upset Norm. I did not understand why. I bleed husky as well but understand there is piles of good bikes these days and all have merit and we need to understand the big picture so talk of emerging technologies and other brands i always felt was good and important. Voicing displeasure with the brand we like and talk about here should be fine as long as it is don't honestly and as an adult without slams and goofy crap. This is how we all learn and move the brand as much as we can. This site IS the voice for the husky customer in the USA online now so it is a great place to talk about why you bought another brand when you really wanted to buy a husky and let HNA feed that info back. Then they can decide if they want to move on these ideas or not. If not we move onto another brand. Simple. Open honest discussion, if if painful to the brand we like and come here for should always be tolerated and even promoted.

Let continue to have open honest discussions here as adults and let the chips fall where they may.
    water racer, john01, MattR and 3 others like this.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    he he he looks like Matt and i were typing the same things. Also a perfect point the the moderation here at CH is what makes this site functional and excellent. Thanks Matt.
    MattR likes this.
  16. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    To some degree this reminds me that several years back Ford started putting overhead cam V-10 engines in the Super Duty trucks while Chevy soldiered on with variations of the pushrod small block, and even has the temerity to fit the thing in Corvettes. I happen to own one of those V10s in my motorhome and it works fine, but I dont really see how it is improving anything over the prior pushrod powered 460, which I have also owned.

Some people buy 2-strokes because they want the simplicity and the legacy parts and accessory selection and they have no interest in making them more complex and clever. Cheaper is also part of the allure. Personally I prefer a good 4-stroke, but I have no problem understanding why Husky isnt in a hurry to make big changes in the 2 stroke line.
    pat ohara likes this.
  17. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    :popcorn: Ah-Ha the voice of reason presents itself.
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I like that one... because I started it!:oldman:
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Pat,
    If Husky did to the WR250/300, what they did to the 125... we probably wouldn't be having this discussion. I own and still ride an '09 WR165, so I know. 6th gear? As an East Coast enduro rider, who has to ride Dual Sport like road transfer sections in a race.... 6th gear is a welcome feature! I'm going riding!
  20. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    Me too, Sat. A.M.