NW Gathering Round 3 - 2012 - Ride Report!!!

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by WoodsChick, Nov 8, 2012.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Jon returned my '12 165 tonight and I get the impression that everyone had their way with her. I hate that she was off being throttled without me. Hope all had a great time. I'll get even next year.
  2. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Great flics Jon!

I set my gopro to take pictures every 10 seconds for a couple small loops. They are just whatever happened to be in front of the lens at that particular time. Here are my top 5 favs.

Dang, who put me in charge of these tough choices?
    [IMG]

"We never should of let Blake lead, where the heck are we now?"
    [IMG]

KILLER trail conditions
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  3. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So glad i made it and got to see everyone, thanks too Russ and the gang for the "10" mile loop we rode ;) still have to load pics (not many) and some video when I get the chance.
    Coffee, WoodsChick and JonXX like this.
  4. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not sleeping so the few photos I have of the ride with Russ, Tami, Josh, Jon,John, and Dave... Got one with Russ after a little spill :)

Attached Files:

WoodsChick, Xcuvator and JonXX like this.
  5. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    uploading 62 pix right now. Had a blast. Big thanks to Bill, Bryon, Lonnie, Jason, Dean and everyone who had a hand in this. Super fun time with great peeps. I loved the conditions as did most. Traction was amazing if you stay on the chocolate ribbon and no dust means you can hound your friends back tires. FUN!!! 449/511 were well represented as were 125's and 310's. Not much love for Wr250/300's this time (Husky update those please). I rode the 2013 TE310R, sweet bike, nice motor, smooth and strong and EFI seemed spot on stone stock. Walts 165 was good but prefer my FMF piped 165. ALL the huskys felt good. Rode Russ' Clake equipped 449 and had to give it back about 1/2 mile in before I killed myself. That device is NOT for me. Mass confusion maker. Russ' buddy Joshes TXC 511 was very good. Feels like mine only a bit stiffer. Rode the championship winning Bills Motorcycles TXC 511 race bike. Loved it when going fast. Was fast and stiff just like a race bike should be. Ridden hard it rips a hole in Bend, I can see how this would be a great race bike. Fast and lots of control. I REALLY like the 449/511 platform especially in the open areas like Bend. Super fun weekend, thanks guys.
    Kevin_TE250, oregonsage and bigjon like this.
  7. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Right on! Yeah that "10" mile loop was really fun, huh.

Here we are leaving camp.
    Joshua Ford, WoodsChick and Xcuvator like this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  9. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    I always forget that they'll do that. Sometimes I think it would be better to set for stills over video. On the other hand, I can make screen caps of the video...Like this...Guess who...

[IMG]
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  11. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Oh, totally. Horrific conditions. That pesky blue sky and brilliant sunshine kept getting in my eyes all day, and the fluffy dry powder was totally covering up that really moist brown dirt so that we had to squirt it out the way with our knobbies to get to the good stuff. It was brutal...good thing it was only a 10-mile loop, eh? :p

Oh, and Jon, I can only surmise that you're being a gentleman by posting the photo I took of you on the ground but omitting the money shot you got of yours truly :D At least you're in a somewhat dignified position :lol:
    EDIT: Ha-ha!! Nevermind about that ill-informed "gentleman" comment!!! Excellent!

I got home at 5 this morning. Pulled an all-nighter after frolicking on Sunday and visiting my nieces and new great-nephew in Klamath Falls on the way home. I haven't done a damn thing since I got home except look at photos and videos :o I think a nap is in order and then some photo posting! Thanks again to everyone that helped pull off this totally cool event! Bill and Bryon were very instrumental in making sure everyone had a good time and had awesome bikes to ride. The coffee, donuts, burgers and summer sausages were tasty, too! Husqvarna came through with some fun swag and some bikes and stuff, and I'm glad they think we're important enough to show up and represent the company we all hold so dear. Big thanks to Dean, too, because without him we wouldn't be here! Thanks, everyone!
    oregonsage, bigjon and Coffee like this.
  12. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Excellent photos, Kelly! :thumbsup:
    I want to steal the close-up one of the glorious dirt!
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  13. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I didn't touch her, I promise! Hope to see you this winter, Walt. I tried my best to keep Jon and Kevin company in your absence :)
    wallybean and Kevin_TE250 like this.
  14. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey, that's cool! I've never really seen any footage of me riding before! I didn't realize you were right behind me with a camera...and that's probably a good thing :D I can hear the TXC 310 sometimes and it sounds pretty good :thumbsup:
  15. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Thanks to all for all the effort to make this another great gathering. Bill, Bryon and Jason had the demo bikes ready to ride at all times. Special thanks to Bill for having such a great assortment of samples. Walt's 165 was a popular request and in high demand.

I got to finally got to put some miles on a TR650 before the snow came on Thursday. I had read many of the reviews and soon found out that all the praise is well placed. Thae bike felt right at home on both the easier trails, gravel roads and asphalt. In fact I don't think I've ever ridden a bike that felt so connected on gravel and neutralize severe washboard the way it does. Very smooth and deceivingly rapid.

It was great to spend a few days with everyone!
  16. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I agree Kelly. The Fatty is going back on today. I had thought that there were going to be a couple of 165's there with the fatty's and wanted to be able to provide a contrast.
  17. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    She was treated with respect though Walt. My bikes slept outside so she could be cozy in the trailer at night.
    wallybean and WoodsChick like this.
  18. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Put the 200 Fatty on my 167..... Yes there is a difference .... More bottom end....
  19. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    A couple of brief pics of the campground...

[IMG]

[IMG]

Great to see everyone again and nice to have some new folks show up too. Coffee's single track trailer was the big hit, though Im still waiting to see it do some airtime....
    bigjon likes this.
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Ok, I just split a bunch of posts off from the Planning thread to this Report thread. Hope that is ok with everyone. :)
    Blakelpd5 likes this.