OEM master link failure

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by robertaccio, Aug 10, 2008.

1. rajobigguy Administrator

Sorry didn't mean to commit any copyright infringements. :o
    At least we agree on it being an important point.:D
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    installed an o-ring Regina, oem from one of the crews KTM. I too always liked the old school HVA TE chain guide (enduro folding type,,but the rock piles we do here completley destroyed 2 on my 06 TE,,,,and after hammering them back numerous times i went with the BRP thing and never looked back on my 06, and now have the new black BRP on the 08. These are all local choice and personal pref type deals. for most the TE style is simple and easy to deal with. Oh by the way it was the CZ chain and from the derail/ pop off and it actually twisted,,,note when i layed the regina next to it the regina is noticably beefier, I don't know the exact model of o-ring / x-ring? regina its is but its not one of the gold ones. anyway good chain discussion, i just wanted to make that field ops fyi thing.

another goofy thing i do is contact clean my master clip side and put a coat of 3 bond 1211 over the clip,,,been doing it for years from 510tx to txc450
    get out and ride ride ride!!! and check our vids from time to time,,,R
  3. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

TM does have one for most Husky models. Just an FYI.

http://www.tmdesignworks.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=16564&cat=&page=

Also-while we are on the subject:
    X Ring chains are really nice. Use a bit less hp than O Ring. I use the DID ERV3 chain for high speed baja stuff. Ironman rear sprocket. The combo will last many years.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    BRP also makes chain guides,,,,did you mean the "chain buffer" slider guide on the swingarm near the countershaft? Those I have not seen,,the OEM one works good.