opinions on using fuel injector cleaner?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Irocleis, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Seafoam has same ingredients as stabil, just watered-down with mineral oil (sterno lamp oil).
  2. Centerline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Fat Bob, Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
    Have 2001 Mercruiser 350 EFI marine engine since new (13 1/2) years. About 750 hours.
    Stored out of water in covered, but open to outside air during the winter months in north Texas.
    Mild winters, but bouts of freezing and high humidity.
    Winterizing the engine, I have just drained the block and intake to water pump. I have ended the season each year with about double dose of Seafoam for last hour of operation, then winterized. I then store the boat from mid November to mid March, never with a full tank of fuel; usually about 1/2 tank.
    Each year the engine has INSTANTLY started out of storage and run flawlessly through each year.
    Have run Seafoam in all my gasoline engined vehicles for years. :-))
  3. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I think the manufacturers of the stabil brand aren't keeping up with the constant changing of the new blends of gasoline or should I say the white lightening or corn alcohol were mixing with the gas calling it enthanol.

some of my equipment sits longer than 6 months with seafoam in it and it runs like the day I let it sleep.

the Husqvarna chainsaw mix has a fuel stabilizer in it too. my saws get started every 6 months if were not using them. I expect nothing but the highest quality when it says Husqvarna on the label. the swedes still continue on the Husqvarna quality even today. I demand the best quality product I can purchase for my hard earned dollar.
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    btw,, Using seafoam the engines rpm will pick up on the first tank of gas. Our engines are happy, happy on this stuff. on my farmall tractors its an upper lube for the valves and lifters. Four stroke engines can get sticky valves when sitting for a longtime. adding seafoam to the crankcase and gas tank can also make our lawnmowers and tractors happy, happy, happy too. its one more problem we wont have to deal with.
  5. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I disagree with your assumption. One of my duties at ZipTy is to constantly test new products which come to market and develop new processes and products using those products. Sta-bil has a new product on the market called Marine Sta-bil (originally not available for use in California). I have tested this product and it will quickly and completely emulsify water into a petroleum product. Red Sta-bil, Startron, Seafoam and Lucas will not do that. We use this now with our race fuels.

[IMG]

Here's a few other Sta-bil resources on up coming ethonal based gasoline blends:

http://www.goldeagle.com/tips-tools/infographic-411-ethanol-fuel-and-ethanol-treatment
    http://www.goldeagle.com/tips-tools/considering-ethanol-free-gas-try-ethanol-treatment-instead
  6. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    i did not know about this new stuff...only the older stabil
  7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Thanks to Tinken, I got a bottle at Wally World and started using it in the bikes. I figure my 84IT was never designed to run corn squeezins so decided it was a good call. Also running it in the Husky. Probably going to run it in my old van, Mustang, and old boat too. Now I just have to find something to do with my bottle of red Stabil...
  8. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Race fuel is nice, but at $13.67 + tax a gallon, it's a lot extra. Great for racing, not so good for casual riding or dual sporting.
  10. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    13.67:eek: haven't got out to to look today but i bet 87 pump gas is 2.74:applause::banana::D:thumbsup: can ANYBODY BEAT THAT??????
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Oh yeah...well I was happy to see 87 for just 3.39 yesterday. Gotta love how we get raped for everything out here
    Centerline likes this.
  12. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Marine Sta-bil is approximately $10 for 8 ounces. 1 ounce of marine stab-bil is $1.25 and 1 ounce treats 10 gallons of fuel. That's $0.13 extra per gallon. We buy it in 32oz bottles which makes it about $0.88 cents an ounce and $0.08 per gallon of fuel. Even at two ounces per gallon of fuel, it's pretty inexpensive.
  13. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i was wrong its $2.69:banana::banana::banana:
  14. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    WTH is it just here OR IS GAS COMING DOWN I JUST PAID $2.64:applause:
  15. Centerline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Fat Bob, Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
    World demand is dropping, tho the talking heads say the world economy is full speed ahead.
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Don't wanna go off too far here, but our \ your wealth is siphoned off at the pumps daily. Our entire society is regulated at the pump to some degree. IE .. Gas goes to $1 a GAL, we all drive and go all over and spend money that we did not spend at the pump. Gas goes to $5 a GAL, we all sit home but still manage to get to work and back home each day. Its a dog&pony show world we are living now ... And this is fine and dandy and it's all we have today. Being aware of what is happening in your life makes changes possible than might help you. Not being aware of the current times and you will continue to be lead around and squawk at what you see.

--

I did try some gas here that has no ethanol for storing my single EFI bike ... No problems so far ... I'd like to keep about ~10 GALs or so of this stuff on hand at my home always, but that ain't gonna happen ... So, I'll be looking for any, any of these brands of liquid help (from you guys) for my bikes ..
    duggoey likes this.
  17. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    how much is gas over there in good ol US dollars/ gallons???
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Its about $4.50 a gal if my math is right ... Its been a little higher at times during my time here, maybe a little lower but pretty stable ... Every so often a gas roll-back is announced and the price will drop ... The non-ethanol stuff is here but 6miles away ...Just can't down there regularly enough for the good stuff. This ethanol stuff is bad if you let the bikes sit too long...
  19. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    i have had good luck ray with startron as a stabilizer, stuff can sit all winter with a full tank and fire up fine. when carbs are opened up after a year or two they look good. however it will not emulsify water.
    ray_ray and Centerline like this.
  20. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Old thread, but I just contacted Justice Brothers and they got right back to me and had contacted my local distributor. The distributor got back to me one day later with the name and address of a local shop (15 min away) that carries JB products.

Might be worth contacting them to see if they have anyone local.