OSSA DI Enduro?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by wallybean, Oct 5, 2010.

1. roostafish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 KTM 350 XCF
    I don't know what the heck that logo is. Please don't tell me it has something to do with superstition or luck.

I want one of those trials bikes! Heck, I hope they make an enduro 2t. I want one of those too! Don't care if there's a big dealer network!!

Of course I thought I wanted a Cannondale when they came out. Fortunately I rode one before I bought one...... Ack!!!
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Its a clover leaf Is it for luck?
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

no...not a clover leaf.....
    [IMG]
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    its a film reel
    BILLF likes this.
  5. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

yes..and why?
    BILLF likes this.
  6. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Because the old man "Spaniard Manuel Giro" who started OSSA back in 1920 actually made cinema projection equipment. It was his son Eduardo who made the first "Ossa" bike a little 125. I think it was a road racer not a dirt or Trials bike. They made 80,000 of them. First production was in 1951. I wonder if there are any left?:D
    robertaccio and BILLF like this.
  7. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

how do you pronounce it??

We always said aw-sa
    but I've heard people say o-sa and o-za
  8. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That is cause you guys from new england talk funny! I never know what shane and kevin are talking about!
  9. TMV Husqvarna
    AA Class

10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Glad someone cracked the ice! Now it's time for the rest to follow!
  11. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

That thing looks like a real dirtbike -- I'll be interested in reading a review.
  12. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

You know, it sure as hell looks as if there is an injector positioned in the cylinder ABOVE the transfer ports! I think this thing's ACTUALLY DI!!
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    EFI not DI. DI injects directly into the cylinder.
  14. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

It has 2 injectors- 1 in the crankcase, 1 in the cylinder.
  15. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Yes it appears to be semi-di.
  16. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    DI is direct in to the combustion chamber which this isn't. (one injector is before the reeds and the other is in the transfer port) That being said, it is still fuel injected and has new potential to set fuel curves not possible to a carbureted engine. Bombardier has been making true DI for a few years and once they make their way to dirt bikes it is going to break the game up... so to speak. I hope this works out for Ossa, I think it will be good for someone to raise the bar a little.

I'm also very interested in their one piece engine case with a replaceable cartridge. I'm guessing the crank and bearings are removable in one assembly from the bottom. I'd like to see an exploded view of this engine.
  17. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

Did anyone else notice the low cg with the fuel cell occupying space otherwise for the engine? Or how the expansion chamber is completely out of harms way? This should be a very easy bike to ride! Smart design!
    lankydoug likes this.
  18. vegtablebrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

I checked at a trials in June and there were a few FI Ossas. So I asked one of them, how do you like your bike? He wasn't very happy, it wasn't the motor it was the suspension. Said there were too many adjustments. My guess is he is +60 and I know he has been riding trials at least since 1973 when I started. For a bike to be good or great it's a package. The set up for you might be different than for me.
    Also 4 stroke trials bikes are not well received.
  19. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    well, I am willing to take a chance on this bike... I like the forward thinking and something different for once. I will milk the Husky for '12 and spring for the OSSA in '13 when it becomes available. I already made a deposit and first one that is here is mine... kind of nervous, but with a year of waiting and kinks being ironed out, the bike should rule.

My dealer says his OSSA trials bike is super sweet and this bike should be great. Since I am committed to 2 strokes from here til the end of days, this bike makes sense to me.
    lankydoug likes this.
  20. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    This is an amazing example of engineering from a small firm. Product rather than production, it will sell well. The boys in Europe have raised the bar again, Husaberg now Ossa have shown that engineering and physics still change and that they are still head and shoulders above the Japanese brands. I am going to add one of these to my Husky collection for certain. The replaceable cartridge will allow for gear ratio changes also i understand. Ohlins, chrome moly, i understand the motor's are a TM design and built although not certain. I would say i'm waiting for the first test but i'll go with the Aussie or English Mag's version only, no way other than Chilly's blog will the fellers at DB and DR accept a threat to their fiefdom. As we said in the 70's it's Bitchin.........:popcorn:
    supervision likes this.