OSSA DI Enduro?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by wallybean, Oct 5, 2010.

1. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What is the projected msrp ?
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    In about '13 I too will most likely be looking for a new ride so if Husky doesn't come up with something new to wow me it will most likely be a GasGas or an Ossa depending on how these bikes pan out with all their new improvements, who knows maybe Bombardier will come out with a true DI 2t motorcycle engine and sell it to Husagerg or someone else and beat them all.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I would not expect a new 2 stroke line from Husky until 2015. I hate to say it but those GG's are looking good until husky steps up.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Word is mod 2013 for the Ossa, if all goes well.
  5. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

rotax. not bombardier.

you mean, if someone raised the missing millions of euro?

r
  6. scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

Who will be racing this machine for gncc/enduros at the pro level?
  7. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Splitting hairs. Rotax is owned by Bombardier Recreational Products.
    lankydoug likes this.
  8. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

• so let's rename this forum to "cafebmw", a place where fellow bmw riders can petrol-talk.
    • ask any porsche driver you meet if he enjoys his volkswagen.
    • did paris hilton really win a 125cc grand prix race?
    • if i buy a "zero" motorcycle, does it come with "weight watchers" membership?
    • bytheway, how many harleys did eric buell build?
    :)

r
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Someone is on a bit of a tear today.
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I should have said true DI 2ts are built by a bunch of Yumpin' Yimminies up there in Canada Ehh! That way I wouldn't have riled anybody up.:D
  11. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep, Canadians don't get riled up. They just whine, complain or pout........:D
    lankydoug likes this.
  12. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    you got it right.
    supervision likes this.
  13. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Slick ;)
  14. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

"True DFI 2 Strokes"

The Orbital System - as the vast majority are based on / paying royalties to / entered into licensing agreements for, is Not the only, nor the neccessarily the "best" system for DFI'ng a 2t. It's actually far better as a 4T set up, and Orbital have made millions, if not Billions from contracts with the vast majority of ICE Vehicle Manufacturers around the world.

Clever Bastards, those West Ozzies - Ralph Sarich being the man behind it all. I well remember watching "The Inventors" in the Seventies on OZ TV, when he first showed his Orbital Engine. The DFI system, came directly from that engines needs.

Fortunately , and I'm Not an "Orbital "Hater" - I admire their incredible success in doing battle with the world and retaining their "ownership" of in head, 'directly down' DFI - it's not the only solution.

Patent drawings / details on 'KTMs DFI' have been put up in KTMTalks 2Stroke section. An Orbital type set up - KTMs 'Patents' could be on any one of a 'whole bunch' of small designs / design changes used in 'their own design'. The Husky 2t Tech, so noted by Pierer in Alan Cathcarts interviews, may have been 'dissapeared', or, they may indeed, be part of the ever stalling DFI'd KTM 2t relese - it may have revealed to KTM, the limitations / cost of 'their DFI system'. To me, the Orbital type set up, used in DFI'd outboards / ski mobiles, seems far better suited to Road Bike 2ts, and a simpler system, far better for suited to lighter / simpler Off Roaders. But, economies of scale / further development and miniaturisation of the Orbital System may be the way forward. Who the Hell really knows? :excuseme: . I possess fairly 'low on the scale', engineering qualifications.

Set ups like Athena's 'in the side of the barrel, directed up / towards the exhaust port injector', make logical / fantastic use of a 2ts flow patterns, without having to have high pressures. The injector / injectors, can be used as an 'air dam' / blocking force to stop fresh charge contamination ( it's just a air purge / fuel circuit timing equation) from the exhaust - a version of Air Scavenging Tech - A.S.T. or Forced Air Scavenging Tech - F.A.S.T. Versions of those, are used on many 2t chainsaws, and other small 2ts. Very efficient, very clean, very powerful.

Ossa is a tiny company. They are meeting the demand for their Trials Bikes (the most recent addition is the 125 - an important capacity for Trials marketing) And the Explorer.

They are doing well, but have very limited capacity.

The 'Pioneer', as revealed in an article about OSSA in Trials Magazine, was going to a 3 injector system, for the flow etc for the power that a modern day 250 /300cc 2t is expected to have - nudging / over 50HP, whilst being incredibly tractable. There have been plenty of Drongos who've knocked OSSA, whilst not following them / being knowledgable of their limitations, and demands that their base business - Trials Bikes - require of them.

From the start, the Pioneers where not 'coming toomorrow' - they were very open about them not being available 'til 2012, and then they pushed it back 'til 2013. As I said - they are flat out, doing the Trials bikes, and Explorers - to repeat, they are a tiny, tiny company.

They've reportedly entered into a 'co-operative' agreement with Gas Gas. Not a buyout of them, by Gas Gas, just a logical sharing of facilities / buying power - but who Knows the reality of the situation?

I very much await EICMA, to see the progress, if any, of OSSA's Pioneers, and, hopefully , Phantoms. :thinking: The new Euro 300 Series, could be a great showcase for them. But, perhaps it's out of their reach, financially and in terms of absolutely required development paths.

But, the demise of one brand - Husaberg - may just leave a bigger 'niche' for OSSA to fill?
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Just want to point out that this thread is over 2 years old, in case anyone else is confused. :)
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  16. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Its BMP Bill's fault for posting the "what does the OSSA logo represent" contest (over on his section).

When one searches the internet for the answer it leads right back here!!

So, for all your arcane OSSA trivia, Cafe Husky is the place :banana:
    THOSE PRIZE TICKETS ARE STIL WAITING.... PM BillF if you want 2 Monster Cup tickets.
    454x, HuskyDude, Coffee and 1 other person like this.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    2 words to add to this thread..... Yankee Zeeeeeeeeee !!!
    supervision likes this.
  18. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm Absolutely aware of that - one can read dates.Someone else resurrected the thread.

However, we are nearing EICMA time, and, the inevitable "Put s*** on Ossa" postings that tend to come up, so I thought I'd contribute to some peoples education, on DFI / Inevitable "new tech" for 2ts, and Ossa. The amount of BS written about Ossa, is legion - generally from people that have never seen one, let alone ridden one - the modern 280 EFI Trials bike / Explorer, and the newer 125 Trials bike. Much like the noodles who slag the CTS BM / Husky 449 /511s. You know, the bikes that are 'crap', largely because DK could not ride them, or did not knuckle down to the job he was handsomely paid for. At least he gave up on a hell of a lot of that 'filthy lucre'. So, it was 'honourable' of him to not hang around and just pocket a paycheck. Juha stayed, did a great job, earned his megabucks, and, largely not noted by the drongos that slagged the bikes, got the same overall placing he had the year before on a KTM E2 450. Though, I'm sure many of those said 'Drongos' would blame the then new Husky 449, for breaking his ankle in 2010. :banghead:
  19. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

ossa are using somebody else's efi patent on their bikes, bytheway.
    and the ktm patent is not about efi itself, it's about the function of an orbital-type air-pump.

r
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'm quite aware that you did not wake up this 2 year old thread.. just wanted to alert others that some of the comments earlier in this thread may be out of date and that some of the people that participated 2 years ago may no longer be logging in anymore. Frequently in old threads someone quotes someone who has long been gone and never receive a response.

On the other hand you seem unnecessary on edge, I see no one bashing or belittling Ossa.
    LandofMotards likes this.