PC V with Auto Tune = Holy Grail. for the 2008 & 2009 Husqvarna EFI bikes

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Coffee, Sep 2, 2009.

1. tuplavee Husqvarna
    B Class

Tell the news how it worked when youre ready. I was planning to try this tooo....
  2. PRSPlayer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 510 SMR
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 R6
    Worked out great! Simple fix and TPS voltage is now rock steady, thanks again bikesparky!
  3. vintageveloce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    Kudo's to BikeSparky. I have also seen some issues (on my 2010 TE250 with PCV and autotune) with my Throttle position (% throttle) running up on the screen with the bike sitting at idle. Often it would go up to indicating more than 20%, sometimes even to 100%. Blipping the throttle would reset it for a moment. I called dynojet but they were not very helpful. Googling did show this problem with the ground being a possible issue. At any rate, I took a couple hours today and re-wired the TPS connections. The original connections were made with pretty lousy connectors, this time I used a "Posi-Tap" for the TPS connection (the orange and black wire third from the end on the ECU). I picked up the TPS ground right where the wires come out of the TPS sensor on the throttle body, on my bike it's the solid black wire in the middle of the connector. I ran that to the black and white wire snipped from the PCV ground harness. To be clear, the PCV module has a two wires within a sheathed mesh jacket that you connect to the battery negative terminal. I carefully cut open that sheath and cut the black and white wire. The black and white wire stub on the battery terminal remains unconnected, insulate it well. The black and white wire from the PCV is now connected to the solid black wire (its the digital ground) on the TPS.

If anyone wants another reference to this issue, I found a good description on a ducati forum here. There is another reference to the issue here.
    SpittingCobra likes this.