PC V with Auto Tune = Holy Grail. for the 2008 & 2009 Husqvarna EFI bikes

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Coffee, Sep 2, 2009.

1. hipsterdufus Husqvarna
    A Class

its the software for your computer, looks really good when you open it up, they added some technical stuff i dont think applies to the husky models
  2. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

Does anyone else see the humor in the idea that EFI is supposed to do away with the "headaches" of tuning a FCR MX carb, but then you have to buy $1,000 worth or surface mounted electronics in pretty boxes to really be able to do beans with the bike?

$300 = iBeat
    $600 = PC V & Auto Tune
    + your time (what is THAT worth)

I wouldnt trade my TXC250 for anything, I love it, just humorous.

A grand buys a TON of jets/needles/acc pump covers/safety wire/beer/tires etc.

:rolleyes:
  3. aranpolaris Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just a thought?

Since it seems difficult for any of us to get a 2010 txc 250 to dynojet to see if the PCV w/auto tune will work. Would it be possible for Dynojet to send a box to one of their authorized dealers who are familier with the software, and also have a dyno? I hope to have my TXC any day now and fully plan on purchasing this equipment as soon as I know it will work.
    By the sounds of things the autotune can override the initial base map and create a new one based on real time conditions, is this correct?
    If so, as long as the hardware, ie connectors etc, are the same it should work?
    I sure hope so, it just sounds too easy. I am the service manager at Eddies Motorcycles in NH, we are a Husky dealer and I am familier with I-Beat and it is great, but seat of the pants jetting is for the birds. My 2007 KTM SX-F450 felt SUPER fast, hit really hard in the mid and had great over rev. My 2008 TC450 felt really mellow and not nearly as fast. On the dyno the TC made more HP and torque and would flat out dust the KTM in a drag race. So I am not a big fan of "feels fast" the autotune sounds perfect.
    Just a thought, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks, Aran
  4. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

Im discussing with Dusty Schaller now- trying to set up a time next week so they can use my 2010 TXC250.
  5. aranpolaris Husqvarna
    AA Class

That will be awesome, let us know
  6. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

On the surface it seems funny, but I don't think that the promise of EFI included no need to tune. I bet EFI race cars need to be tuned as well. I'm thinking the promise of EFI is easy, precise fine tuning, things like PCV and Autotune, and more easily handle changing conditions(elevation for example). I'm no expert, but that is my take. Personally I am going to save for PCV and AutoTune and skip the iBeat.:cheers:
  7. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

Looks like the weather will be OK for a trip to Las Vegas. I will be at DynoJet first thing Monday Feb 22nd AM with my '10 TXC250. If all goes well I will be outta there by end of day Monday.

:thumbsup:
  8. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

OK ladies and gentlemen..... Im back from DynoJet. They should now officially support 2010 250cc FI models :thumbsup:

Great folks there- amazing how very very OFF the OE "race" fueling was. Its cold cold cold and snowy here in Colorado, so no ride report for a while.
  9. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

A few pics:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. tempus fugit Husqvarna
    AA Class

EFI has many advantages over carbs but it's probably not for everyone. Nobody said it was cheap either. As far as PCV, to someone who likes to play with technology, it's only $600, and it's for some really cool ish. That's less than an exhaust system. And after all, we own Husqvarna's! If we wanted cheap, we'd be on Kawasaki's ;-).

With PCV, we don't need a dyno, and can collect a lot of useful data, automatically, in a very short time. It's a test engineer's dream. I will have one this year for sure.
  11. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes, DynoJet makes nice products, I agree. I also understand cheap vs expensive. What I dont understand is how a company can send bikes out there mapped so poorly from the factory and their own tool is laughable for fixing their own issues.

It would be SO simple for Husky to make a toggle between the "O2 in, max economy and best emissions" mode and "O2 in, max power (lambda target is X)". What they have chosen to do is take out the feedback sensor to run a fixed map (no dynamic changes) and that map just plain SUCKS.

The DynoJet system is already in the bike insofar as the ability of the OE system to do what the PC 5 does- you just have no way of making it perform that way.
  12. tempus fugit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Valid point. A lot of bike makers do it the same way, or even worse, with crappy emission compliant maps and no race map, but that doesn't make it OK either. Maybe it was a cost issue, they ran out of development money, or time. Maybe they just had to get it released and called it good enough.
  13. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

Whatever the underlying issues are Im sure DynoJet is happy- they have a market to fill ;)
  14. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

Can you guess percentagewise how much OFF it was, and in which areas of the power curve?
  15. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

Dont need to guess- its right there in the PC 5 map. I can screen grab the PC 5 AutoTune map they made and post it up. I will do that tomorrow.
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Don't forget to add the map to the map thread, and please state what conditions the map was made i.e. was it the dynojet map or is it a map that the autotune altered?

I'll assume the map format file has not changed.
  17. hipsterdufus Husqvarna
    A Class

i just noticed the firmware update on the pc site. im testing it out tonight
  18. nocontrol Husqvarna
    B Class

Just got my PCV and autotune for my 09 510SMR, I'll post up some thoughts, right now it is stock with the power up kit and runs like shit in my opinion.
  19. HSMRDave Husqvarna
    B Class

I fitted my new PCV + Autotune to my 2008 SMR510 last week(pretty easy even for a 42 year old technophobe like me). I originally had the power up kit including the arrow race pipe with DFI in race mode, and the bike ran great.
    However I converted my bike to twin pipes with the Leo Vince full Ti/carbon system, which has bigger headers/midpipe, so as a result decided to go the PCV route to optimise the performance.
    Only had the opportunity to go for a quick blast thus far, but the bike runs even better now, with harder acceleration, and instant throttle response.
    When I got back I had a look at the trim tables (AFR @13.2), and there were quite a few changes, so I transfered them to the base map .
    I am looking forward to going for a decent blast soon, to see what further changes the autotune makes.
    It's Witchcraft I tell you!!!

Dave
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The autotune design center...

[IMG]
    magnus likes this.