Performance guide for 2013 TC250R

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by MotoMarc36, Feb 13, 2013.

1. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    The latest issue of MXA has a pretty cool performance guide for the '13 TC250r. They rave about the Pro-Circuit exhaust system (so does Andy Jefferson!) and the GET ignition. Several other things also. They took it from 37.8 stk HP to over 40 with no internal mods. With VP u4.4 they were at around 42, competetive with ANYTHING in the class motor-wise.:thumbsup: Interesting note the GET ignition improved power at every point on the curve but made a HUGE improvement of over 4hp after the stock RPM peak power, way better overrev power. They also said the cheaper stainless pro-circuit pipe (t5 i think?) was better than the more expensive Ti-5 because the Ti5 meats the new AMA/FIM soundtest while the cheaper one was made to pass the old AMA and current amatuer sound limit.
    Russ Henry, john01 and robertaccio like this.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wow good to know thanks for sharing :applause:. I just found one that I may pick up. It's either the TC or TXC 310 next for me.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey anybody have an idea what hp a 2010 TC 250 puts down?
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Is that power at the wheel ?
    March Australian Dirt Bike mag has a 250f shootout had a quick look only
    KX won . Not sure where the Husky came but it was slowest against the clock - lap time - some 2 secs slower than KX - but very similar time to KTM . I will try to get some more info
  5. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Yes RWHP on a dynojet 200i i think. 2010 was like 34 RWHP. My 2004 pulled 32 on our dynojet 200 with a street tire... MXA has used the same dyno for many years. However, they never say if they use the same STREET tire on each bike, it's surprising how much difference a tire makes, and a knobby is worthless on a dyno. Interesting on the laptimes Rock, as the KTM posts insanely high HP numbers... obviously we all know HP isn't the end-all to a great bike but it sure helps!

They started the article with something like "We hated to rate the Husky last but it happens to one bike every shootout....The Husky lost but it is no loser". They consider it a serious contender and a viable choice for serious racing, unlike earlier efforts.
  6. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    I just read that article. They spent a gob of $ for less than a 2.2 hp improvement. Seems to me the Husky is just a good port job from making 40hp and that is a lot less expensive.
    Tinken likes this.
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I must have picked up last months from Barnes and noble last month. Nothing about the TC other then the 250 shootout
  8. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep the Fast guy was hard on the TC. Hey I think I saw that guy beat all those slow guys last Saturday on TV :D.
  10. everfree Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    86 430AE (2), 88 430AE, 87 430WR (2)
    Other Motorcycles:
    87 250 XC, 87 430 CR, '17 GG 300
    Russ:
    I have a copy of that issue too. March 2013.
    There's another article in the same issue that analyzes the dyno results. See pg. 80. You'll notice the Husky has the highest peak torque of all the bikes before any mods. Torque peaks at 7.5k to 8.5k (see Akra dyno chart ). That's torque is sweet. For what I ride, I want torque not HP.
    But MXA may have a good point for MX, the Husky peak HP is down 10% from the KTM peak HP. I suppose in race situations that's a difference.
    Dave
  11. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    A lot of of complaints are made not just about the amount of power but where it's made in the rev range. They say you need to ride it like a two stroke. Who cares though, the 310's cooler anyway lol (just kidding)
  12. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Yeah even though Dirt Rider was rough on it, several riders still liked it best for a variety of reasons, and MX PRO Chris Green seems smitten by the Huskies, loved the 125 and loves the 250F even though he acknowledges it needs a few more ponies. I think he feels a bit of the uncontrolable love WE all have for the bikes!:thumbsup:
    robertaccio, john01 and everfree like this.
  13. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Yep. The only thing as or more important than a great laptime in MX is a great START. For equal riders HP is nice on a start. Only exceptional technique can help compensate for lower HP, and only then on short starts.

Remember where this motor was a few years ago, if this was their offering a few years ago it would have been top of the heap, the Jap bikes have come a long way HP wise the last few years. This is a raceable motor capable of winning.
    robertaccio likes this.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    not to be too much of a yes man but I'm at 99% agreement level on all posts by MotoMarc.

additionally as we have all stated up into the highest levels of amateur and even local pro level that TC250 is a machine capable of winning on any day with right guy on the seat. As far as top tier pro levels we all know a good team will be able to hotrod the thing and build it to race heads up with the now big 5, again with the right guy on the seat and a team with cash that steps up to take on the brand......I pray for a ProCircuit satellite team type deal.
    PS I'm getting the hang of the 310r now, its a brilliant bike package.
    MotoMarc36 and ray_ray like this.
  15. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    How much money for 2.2hp?
  16. everfree Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    86 430AE (2), 88 430AE, 87 430WR (2)
    Other Motorcycles:
    87 250 XC, 87 430 CR, '17 GG 300
    Heck of a lot of effort for 2.2 HP, no doubt. From the dyno charts, the Husky was making the top HP at 8,000 rpm ! You would think that's in a good rpm range... they're getting the 2.2 above 10,000 rpm. Is a pro rider really slamming it that hard? All the time?

Tell us more on the 310 R. Are you now on a 2013 red head?
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    What is this GET ignition?

And that Kris <whoever> is off my Christmas card mailing list ... He used the word slow so often, he was probably getting bonus pay each time he used the word ... Looked almost scripted to me the way he kept using that one word ...

And lets don't forget what that 100cc less bike did to the 450s in MXdN this past year and in the MX racing in EU for the last few yrs ...
  18. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    About $1k per pony. I have heard a good porting job is $300 to $400 and gives about a %10 increase in torque and power. If that is true then that would be close to a 3.9 increase for the stocker.
  19. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Yea, that's ridiculous. We do the crankshaft mod, extreme porting with mirror polishing and use the powercommander.
  20. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Crankshaft mod?