Performance guide for 2013 TC250R

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by MotoMarc36, Feb 13, 2013.

1. everfree Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    86 430AE (2), 88 430AE, 87 430WR (2)
    Other Motorcycles:
    87 250 XC, 87 430 CR, '17 GG 300
    Yes, what about this crankshaft mod? For a 310?
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    It's re-machined to tighter tolerances (250 or 310). I wonder if the TC449's 16 hole injector would fit on the new 250Rs
  3. everfree Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cool. Grind the crankshaft and shim the crank? Who can do the work?
    More holes for smoother map points?
  4. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    What are the results of the crankshaft mod and extreme porting using a PCommander ?
  5. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I'm not sure what it would be like on the new bikes, but that was the cooking recipe for factory bikes in '12.
  6. everfree Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tinkin, is there a post about the crank mods? Idle minds want to know more...
    Thanks.
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Nope, it's a Ty Davis thing. You can call him in the am and see how much it costs/etc.
  8. everfree Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ahh. Sure. He was always tinkering with the Huskys.
    Thanks.
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Depends on if you needed it or not, after the head work and depending on which exhaust you chose, more holes, more fuel. I'm not too sure I would go with pro circuit's exhaust. On the one hand it's the only one available for bolt on right now. I prefer FMF and would mod an old powerbomb to fit the new head on a 310. The silencer would be a 4.1, but Zipty literally chop sawed off the last 25% of the silencer to make the stubbies. If you look inside a pro circuit or fmf pipe, they are basically the same, fmf's has slightly larger diameter, but the last quarter of the silencers have a non-pref tube and you know we sawed that right off... Lost a bit of weight too. Then you just tune the pcv to match.
  10. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I think I'd pay real money to see the look on Keefer's face as you roosted by him on a fully worked Husky.
    ray_ray likes this.
  11. everfree Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ha! I'm with you.
    Thanks.
  12. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Wow tough crowd here!! Maybe a few of you ought to actually read the article before writing it off with your own expert opinions!! Lol it's all good, of course these mods won't be for everyone. I just think it's cool to see the most prominent MX testing magazine seeing the promise of the latest Husky, and taking the time to improve it. These are , after all, cold hard numbers produced by a real dyno with repeatable results, not just speculation on mods with no numbers. Let's break it down so as not to be swayed by mis-information.

1: GET ignition, $710.38. Improved horsepower at EVERY POINT on the RPM curve with four horse more at 12k. You may not ride there but I certainly do and most MX racers do. Cylinder head porting usually takes some power to give some power, guess it depends on what you consider a "good value". I think all get and no give is good value.

2: Pro-Circuit T5 exhaust full system, $779.95 with removeable spark arrestor. Pretty reasonable for a top-name exhaust, certainly not on the high-end. I'll take Andy Jefferson's word that it improves the power everywhere and is a worthwhile investment, he kinda knows a thing or two about Huskies and racing MX.

So my math shows $1490.33 divided by 2.2 horsepower is actually $675.42 per HP, only looking at peak. Or $372/HP looking at gains above and below peak. Not looking so bleak now, eh?

They also added :one tooth on rear sprocket and a cool traction-control device that works with the ignition for $243 but doesn't factor in to the HP gains.

Again, not for everyone, maybe not important for the non-racers. Of course these are the Cliff Notes and it is a good, positive article and a very fun read that covers ALL aspects of this great machine, not just increasing power.

Heck I just think it's cool that we're seeing articles titled "Performance guide to the 2013 Husqvarna TC250"
    PBM457, john01 and LandofMotards like this.
  13. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    What month is this in?
  14. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I just need to get a subscription. I get dirt rider, mxa, and dirt bike almost every month lol. I did just subscribe to this east coast mag, Trail Rider. I hope it's good lol
  15. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    It's in the March MXA.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    So, now I'm curious, do you feel 1490 dollars is a good deal for 2.2 hp?
  17. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I
    Its customized and still around KTM pricing lol

I say do every mod everyone here has mentioned. Of course that's not my wallet talking
  18. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Sold like that? I'd have pause......

"do you feel 1490 dollars is a good deal for more power at every RPM, with a huge gain in overrev power and 2.2 gain in peak, that doesn't permanently alter the bike and can be removed and sold separately?"

Sounds pretty reasonable. I guess I'd have to compare it to the price and performance of other known mod packages that have been tested by independant testers. Know of any more?
    So, now I'M curious!! Are you implying that tearing a motor down to it's crank and back, doing a full-race head and using a PCv with autotune and some other full exhaust system is cheaper and gives more power? I showed my math using MSRP prices!:thumbsup:
  19. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I called Ty to ask how much hp from just the pcv alone, he said it was more a tuning tool for the rest of the mods, but you do get atleast 2hp from the pcv, depending on what it costs you can figure your $/hp.
  20. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If I pick a TC I don't want to tear into the engine I will follow their deal with the GET and PC exhaust unless somebody comes up with a better exhaust. The T/Control and sprocket change also sounds good. I need to get that mag and read up on those mods. So it's 4 hp more under and 2.2 more at 12k peak?