Pictures of your bikes

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dieselox4, Jul 26, 2008.

1. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I saw your comments on the noise of the Arrow Muffler. I just took my Radio Shack meter out and measured and it seems to be in the 80 db range at idle (and I didn't really try and duplicate the test parameters). I checked the test parameters on the CA .gov site and they said the measurements are taken .5 meters to the rear and at a 45ยบ angel from either side....noisy side wins.... Level with the muffler and engine running at a formula level. From what I could see that was around 3250 RPM on my bike, but no more than 4000. "A" weighting and slow response on the db meter. How much does the db killer lower things or have you measured it yet?

Just curious. I read where some local police responding to complaints of street racing wrote tickets on these street ricers that have been modified and the result will be expensive "fix-it" tickets, maybe costing several thousand if you don't do the work yourself. Even though we have bikes it does make sense to not draw attention to yourself by excessive noise.
  2. ramz Husqvarna
    B Class

What bike/muffler are you measuring?

I'm pretty sure the '09 TE muffler is completely different than the '08 TE muffler. Apparently (from the '08 and '09 parts catalogs), all the TE models in '08 used the same muffler and it looks like they also all use the same one in '09, but the '09 muffler is different than the '08. One mufffler for '08; a different one for '09.

I think my stock '09 muffler is somewhere in the 96 - 98 range but I don't have a meter handy to verify. I'll track one down and check stock and modified sound levels soon.

By TE, I mean 250, 310, 450, and 510. The 610 is completely different.

One more edit. I held an '08 TE muffler in my hands last weekend; it was a boat anchor compared to my '09 muffler.
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    08 TE 250 with the Arrow pipe. Yeah, the weight savings was considerable, probably the biggest you can do in one item.
  4. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

heres my ride for 2009!

[IMG]
  5. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Stopped in at Malcolm's on Sun for a Vintage swap meet and went upstairs to say hi to Old Paint. My first Husky, bought new in November 1981, a 1982 430 XC, rode and raced for a few years and Malcolm bought it back and put it on display right back where it started, so every now and then I stop in for a visit. I didn't know George back then or this would be a completely different story...... Enjoy....

Attached Files:

6. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here's a couple more nice ones.....

Attached Files:

7. oregontrail Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 350 XC-f
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 Buell X1 Lightning, 2004 KDX220
    Here's my XC bikes for 2009. :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

8. HuskyT Moderator

9. HuskyT Moderator

10. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Stroker, that is one good looking Husky --> :cool:
    Is it all stock or did you/Malcolm changed stuff on it (like the golden bits....) ?
    :thumbsup:
  11. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello: Thanks, the only thing I did was re-do the stickers, I took them off cut and put them back on the way I wanted and they're still in place. Everything else is the way it came new. Husky's are always really pretty right out of the gate. I'll bet with a good rider, that bike would still be competitive in the desert today. It was really fast
  12. Ninja Nate Husqvarna
    B Class

Here is my 09 ride

[IMG]

And she gets along with her friends in the stable

[IMG]
  13. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Nice lookin bike there Ninja Nate! I see you also imported one from Halls. Several others here in CO have done the same. Got any good trails up your way that are melted yet?
  14. Ninja Nate Husqvarna
    B Class

Well, to be honest with you... I have no clue where to ride around here, I moved here last October. So i'm not too sure where the good riding is yet. I would like to do a little bit of hare scramble racing this year though.
  15. ramz Husqvarna
    B Class

16. jmesenburg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki Concours 1400
    Couple pics from my ride up Hwy 1 the other day- bet Huskychick knows my secret lunch spot!

Attached Files:

17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Are you in Main CA or Marin CA?
  18. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    ray_ray likes this.