Pirie Performance contact?

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by Suputin, Nov 24, 2011.

1. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Mine arrived today! Install tomorrow.
  2. schoops Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 YZF-R 600
    Ditto

13 Nov paid for guard
    5 Dec - finally a response after multiple phone calls and emails, only because raised a dispute through Paypal. Told he would ship the item on 7 December and asked that I close the dispute, which in good faith I did.

As of 21 December have heard nothing back. I don't care how good his products are supposed to be - not worth it.
  3. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah did it look like this? Your right it's not worth it.
    Never again. and I'm not one to get my panties In a bunch but this is the third time! And not only me as it seems.
    [IMG]
  4. schoops Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 YZF-R 600
    Yep, pretty much the same..................
  5. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow 22 days after "it ships tomorrow" still not here. Must be really fucking lost. Not!! he never sent it.
  6. schoops Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 YZF-R 600
    I ended up cancelling my order and getting a refund - figure that's about the best outcome I could hope for at this stage - even then it was hard to get a response.....
  7. AZuwere Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 BMW R1200GSA
    Hope that iPhone got charged, lol.

I ordered a pipe guard several weeks ago, let's see if anything improves. Will report back.
  8. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    So you guys are saying I won't see my stuff before race season starts?
    Is E-Line comparable?
  9. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    P3 also sells through dealers. I know that Bills in Salem, OR has (or had) 449/511 pipe guards from P3. Dont know about other models but you could ask them http://billshusky.com
  10. AZuwere Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 BMW R1200GSA
    Double checked my order date, it was 12/7. So let's see when it arrives.
  11. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey schoops how did you cancel your order when he shipped it out on the 7th?
  12. schoops Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 YZF-R 600
    He "said" it was going to be shipped on the 7th and that he would email me the tracking details. Come 21 Dec I'd still not heard anything. Obviously it had not been sent and I asked to cancel the order.
  13. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well got an email today with a tracking number. Also he tossed in the silencer guard. He apologized for everything. The free guard says alot. I guess shit happens and he made it right. I will continue to do business with Eric and promote his products. I also noticed he put a banner on the website with a warning of possiable long wait time.
    [IMG]
  14. schoops Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 YZF-R 600
    That's a good outcome for you!
  15. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Guard showed up today. Looks like fiberglass with a carbon layer on the outside. Kevlar is bright yellow and hard to mistake it. I could be wrong but doesn't it say carbon/Kevlar?Thoughts am I over reacting? If I buy a carbon Kevlar guard I expect just that. Not a carbon fiberglass
    [IMG]
  16. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

regardless of his quality, if the produc t isn't what is is advertised, ie; makeup of materials, he should be called on it, regardless of free stuff he sent. and the 4 month long delay, piss poor business ethics.. get somebody to do a e-mail and let the paying customer know what is going on, especially if they have prepaid for it. No F*@&ing excuses on that. don't feel bad for calling him on this stuff. You wouldn't put up with that from an auto dealer, this is no different, customers should be respected, not played like chumps.....
  17. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

I didn't get anything free yet. This is carbon and Kevlar from my stash. I'm gonna use the p3 one as a mold.
    [IMG]
  18. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have seen Kevlar in yellow, tan, black, lime gren, and red...yes Red. Most common is the light yellow though. I have sen P3 products shot real close with a .22 and it did not go through which it would if mereley fiberglass covered with 1 layer of carbon fiber.
  19. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

That might be the case. However you can clearly see that is one layer if carbon and not even all the way to the edge. I can't speak for the guard you saw shot, but I can tell you this is fiberglass. I don't claim to be sone composite expert but as you can see I do some work. I have never seen Kevlar in any other color. I Woukd be interested to see that. Since dupont is the sole manufacture of Kevlar. Now I have seen carbon fiber hybrid cloths in colors. They even make black fiberglass now that looks very very similar to carbon. But it's easy to tell a difference. And even Kevlar came in different colors like you stated yellow is the most common. therefore making it the cheapest. So if that's the case why use other colors. Afterall it is a guard afterall. This is easily figure out. I'll take the paint off the back. Or cut it up and take ut apart layer by layer.
    I can't speak for other guards but this one is fiberglass with a layer of carbon. I posted it to get to get opinions on how to approach the situation. I'm done with this. Like I said I will use the p3 guard as a mold and make my own.
    montgob1 likes this.
  20. epie Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Please return the product for a refund as you do not seem to be happy with it.

Eric
    P3