PivotPegz Rock!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by WoodsChick, Apr 1, 2009.

1. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I got my phone bill yesterday and it reminded me that I never posted a product review of my new PivotPegz. What does the phone bill have to do with footpegs, you ask? Well, when I called Marty up, we talked for a very long time and when I got the phone bill I was like "WTF:eek: Who in the hell do I know in PA that kept me on the phone forever??" I checked the date and realized it was Marty:D

We talked about everything under the sun, and I even managed to order some footpegs somewhere in there:p Turns out he had pretty much the same injury to his ankle many years ago and assured me the pegs would help alleviate some of the issues I was facing. He also gave me hope for the future when I asked him if the searing pain in the ankle bone would ever go away and he responed with a cheery "Oh sure! In about 5 years or so:)" Great...

I ordered the pegs on a Saturday afternoon and they were in my mailbox on Monday. By the way, remember the Christmas special Marty was offerning to us? Just a guess here, but I have a sneaking suspicion that if you call him up, let him know you're a CH member and laugh at all his jokes that he might be willing to offer the deal to you even though it isn't Christmas anymore ;) Get comfortable and go pee first before you call him, though; He's a mighty friendly fellow :lol:

The pegs were pretty easy to install on my 450 (so I hear...) and they look tough, too! I had the opportunity to take the bike out for a spin last weekend up at Stonyford and all I can say is WOW! It's refreshing to purchase a product that does exactly what it says it will do. It's also incredible how a simple little thing such as a footpeg pivoting back and forth can have such an impact on my comfort and sense of stability on the bike. It was easier for me to shift up and down and I stayed planted on the pegs regardless of what the bike was doing.
    I was pretty blown away, as I didn't expect the pegs to have as much of an impact as they did. I'm extremely happy with my purchase:thumbsup:

There are a few downsides, though; the pegs require maintenance, which only adds to the load in our house. Also, now that I know how awesome they are I'm going to have to put a set on all my bikes and that's going to get expensive :lol:

One other extra added benefit to come out of my PivotPegz purchase isa new-to-me bike! How's that, you ask? Well, Eric wanted to ride my 450 to check out the pegs. I, in turn, got to ride his GasGas ECO250 which I absolutely love. He was groovin' on the pegs and I was totally groovin' on the GasGas. It always felt a little too heavy for me in the past, but after climbing off the 450 if felt downright svelte! Eric has a GasGas DE300 that is currently sporting the Ohlins shock and forks that came on the 250, and the 250 has the Ohlins shock and WP forks that came on the 300. I finally managed to talk him into setting up the stock 300 suspension for me, since he always uses his Ohlins stuff, regardless of what bike he's riding. Yay!! A new 2-stroke for me :applause: The 4-stroke is fine for dualsporty stuff, but I've known for some time that I'm a 2-stroke rider at heart.

Anyway, I've got a few friends flying in today from WA for a "fly-n-ride" long weekend and they are tucking a set of fork springs into their luggage for me, courtesy of Les at LTR (thanks, Les :thumbsup:) I guess I better order another set of PivotPegz for the 250, and Eric wants a set for his LC4, too. My 610 needs a set, for sure.

I'm leaving tomorrow for a 4-day riding trip so try not to burn the house down while I'm gone, `kay?

WoodsChick
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks for the report woodschick.:thumbsup: I might just have to give those pivot pegz a shot. You're right about Marty, he is a lot of fun to talk to and about as nice a person as can be. I always have a good time talking to him.
  3. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

I just lubed mine. Only takes two minutes every ~20 rides, 4 months or so, clean and grease, one or the other will start to squeak when it's time. Watch the o-rings, they are the smallest, itty bity est o-rings.

My bum ankle still likes them!
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    ya know.....

I was out yesterday at an OHV park going slow (as usual) trying to regain some of the fine motor skills in my right ankle - and it was tough. Could I use just the 'right' amount of brake? Not really, but I came close a few times....

Then a light went off in my head - having sat on Woodschick bike with Pivot Pegz a short time ago, "that's it"! I'll get some of those!

That is as far as I've gotten at this point.

Can anyone give a short description on the installation process? Any metal need modifying?
  5. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

No metal to modify. Pull the cotter pin, washer and hinge pin. I don't remember if they came with new springs or not, if not reuse stock springs, put the hinge pin back in, washer and new cotter pin. Done. Enjoy. :)

Regreasing the axles is done with the pegs on the bike.

Well, there may be metal to remove from the right side peg, unless you get the newly redesigned (later) model. I ground away the part that impacts (and will break) the alum. brake lever when the peg bottoms out against the frame.

Here's some pics to illustrate, sorry for the camera phones shaky pics, had a Cape Codder or two. :)

http://www.pbase.com/anepoch/pivot_pegs
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks Brett!

That's all I needed.
  7. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    I've only ridden on mine a couple of times. What I noticed is that I didn't "feel" anything if that makes sense? No more rockin' the boot from edge to edge while braking or shifting. The teeth have just the right amount of stick to hold my boot but not impede an unplanned dab. Went on a nice single track ride and noticed the knees and ankles were quite sore the following day. Don't know if it's due to riding differently on the pegz or what but unfortunately haven't been able to ride again since then do to my job and now having the suspension removed for some professional tweaking. My kit did come with new springs, FYI. Got them from MotoXotica on the trip home from you-know-where :)
  8. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    I love my Pivot Pegz...have them on my 510 and can't imagine riding without them...not even noticeable while riding. I run moto on the 510 and they are great there, probably just as good off road...maybe even better.
  9. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    Haha. Your post was very entertaining!

I got a set of them with my used KTM that I bought, but they weren't on the bike. Tried to mount them and they didn't even fit the peg mounts! I guess that made them fair game, because my husband did a little grinding with the Dremel and now they are Husky TXC pegs. Perfect fit! He better watch out or they may become Husky SMR pegs (my bike). :) He hasn't ridden with them yet, but they look like a great concept.
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Pivot Pegz rock! :thumbsup:

I now have full control of my rear brake! I NEVER had that before even when my ankle was good - NICE and linear control of the rear brake instead of full on or none.

Thank you Pivot Pegz!

I bought them a while ago and they really showed up fast after placing the order - but I just tried them out on a 10 mile street ride. Real easy to install too!

:cheers:

On a side note I really should have put some air into the front tire cause the rear end wanted to go faster than the front. :lol:
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Pivot pegs

Saw a write up on pivot pegs in cycle world and they were on a husky. Way to go Pivot.
  12. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Are you running them?
  13. cmonomo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310
    What's like when riding standing up?
  14. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

I have a test pair on my 510 and looove them.:thumbsup:
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No but not opposed to trying a set.
  16. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I bought a set for my 510...ended up putting them on my 125.:D

Now I need another pair for my 510...:lol:

Just love them.:thumbsup: Hard to believe they could make that much difference. But they do.

:cheers:

[IMG]
  17. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Greg has them on his TE...I have ridden it a couple of times. I like them, but need a little more time on them...something is off about them for me. I guess I just felt a little unstable standing on them at higher speeds through woops. I need to try them in some single track and off some jumps.

18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Heaven! The ability to use the rear brake is awesome - instead of on or off (only). :thumbsup:
  19. cmonomo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310
    I will be adding PivetPegz to the shopping list.
  20. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Just installed them on my G450X last week and I'll be puting a pair on my HP2 and probably the TXC510. I thought it might be gimmicky or wierd, but it ended up being very intuitive and allowed me to move around alot easier on the bike without fear of loosing footing. They did seem to induce a little more vibration while seated and cruising down the highway, but that might have been a figment of my imagination and they feel much better when standing then the standard pegs (arches a much happier too!).