PivotPegz Rock!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by WoodsChick, Apr 1, 2009.

1. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yep, well said. I like the way they facilitate moving around on the bike also.
  2. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    On the whoops I feel like I'm riding a galloping horse with these things, until I screw up my timing and prong into the face of one, hehe. I don't even notice the pegz anymore, except when I ride a bike without them. Bumping the bike over slow speed obstacles and having the whole peg remaining in contact on the boot while the bike moves independently is very nice to me. They take a beating pretty well, also. I caught the right one on a stump a few days ago, it folded back and gouged the rear brake lever pretty good but did not deform. The frame tabs didn't happen to bend either, thankfully! I did get some air time out of that one and was glad the bike stuck on the stump instead of following me down the hill. Ouch.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    GREAT news!

When loading the bike in the Tacoma:
    1. Push bike in truck
    2. To keep the bike from rolling backwards while putting ties on I put my leg against the foot peg. Pivot pegz do not dig into my leg like the stock pegs did!

Nice! :thumbsup:

I always dreaded loading the bike before now because of the peg always dug into my leg...
  4. petem Husqvarna
    A Class

Just fitted a set to my TE450 after seeing the recommendations here. Today was my first ride with them fitted. Felt a little odd at first and after a few minutes I thought they might get uncomfortable eventually because it feels as if all your weight is on a single point in the middle of the foot, as if you were standing on a simple round bar. Of course you're not, it's just that your foot can pivot (I know, I know, that's the whole point!) so it doesn't feel as though there's any pressure where the front or rear of the footpeg are, which there is on a normal footpeg if you rock your foot. After 5 hours I realised I hadn't even thought about it any more, so it's obviously not a problem. :thumbsup:

I did find it easier to control the rear brake, and to shift my weight back and forth when accelerating/braking/climbing/descending. Took a while to get used to it but it did start to feel natural. I wasn't sure how they would be over technical stuff such as loose rocky sections but they were fine.

They really shone on small to medium bumps/holes where you'd normally tend to be thrown forwards or backwards, as I found it much easier to let the bike pitch about while I stayed upright.

Probably need some more time to get fully used to them, but so far it's definitely a thumbs up. :applause:

Oh, one small issue - the supplied split pins were slightly larger than the original ones and it was a real job to fit them as the washer partly obscured the hole. Didn't have any spare ones the right size at the time, but I do now!