1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Please post pictures of your 2 stroke bikes.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Coffee, Dec 28, 2008.

1. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
  2. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I was at Moab Utah for one week this March and did some damage. The back shock lost all it oil but it been three years since revalve and was do for service again. The back tire was toasted. I hit something with shifter that bent shifter shaft and bent the forks on end of shaft which made it hard to shift. I am also waiting for Lectron carb to add to 165. So bike did not let me down considering its has over 200 hours and how many bikes can be a 125 two years ,144 for two years, and now a 165 and still run this good with stock bottom end and be 5 years old.
    surfer1100 and marcmo0 like this.
  3. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Yup, there are some sharp pieces of stone down there! And LOTS of it. I never ride Moab with new tires. My stock DOT tires were actually pretty good down there on all the slickrock. But that sandpaper gritty rock that has amazing traction just eats all tires up. Some fun riding though. I was practically stopped, lost my balance and dropped my bike to the side, picked it up, and oh yeah...smashed the pipe...again. It just happens. I wish I had a 125 too.
  4. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I put a brand new carbon fiber pipe guard on right before I left and it has 4 big bruises on it, was money well invested. For the amount of times bike was on it side it did well. One fellow rider put a dent in upper fork tube on five mile hell and was stoping travel that would be tough to fix.
    marcmo0 likes this.
  5. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    I went there two years ago, took my 5.9 cummins down Metal Masher.
    Met a couple of bikes and had no room to get by, I put my wheels right on the edge of the mountain and they squeezed thru on the inside. Scary.
    Almost ran out of fuel, and was sweating that for miles. Very fun time. I would love to go again.
    marcmo0 likes this.
  6. JSK73 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB144
    Mine is looking pretty similar at the moment. My new rear spring came in so I figured I would do some linkage TLC. :)

DSC_0385.JPG
    pvduke likes this.
  7. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    A bent fork tube would be a real big bummer! Next time you're out that way, or anywhere nearby, let me know. I will try to come ride with you guys. Moved out here a few years ago and tons of excellent riding out here. Always looking for new people to head out with.
  8. HuskyTaylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE310 12 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 FLHR 77 Triumph
    Are you single? My wife let's me get away with alot,but working on my bike right inside the front door? I know I would catch some Hell!
  9. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

We only get down to Moab once a year since it is a 23 hours drive away from home. I will try to contact you next time we go. This year there was nine of us that met there and its always nice to ride with someone that know the trails and area especially there.
    marcmo0 likes this.
  10. JSK73 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB144
    Ha! I brought the wife over to see you're post and she and I both LOL'd. The foyer is a good place to work with great lighting as long as I don't mess up the slate floors, that's the deal. http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheetorocks/6267078582/in/photostream/lightbox/

We have 4 dogs since she (and me) can't stop rescuing them.. That's the other deal.
  11. HuskyTaylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE310 12 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 FLHR 77 Triumph
  12. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 yamaha xs750 special
    heres mine its a 91 wxe 260. right know im in the middle of painting frame and replacing waterpump seal. While i had it apart i checked the piston and it has zero blow by and everything felt great. cant wait to get back on it image.jpeg
    David Hudson, cheko7, ray_ray and 2 others like this.
  13. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    My woods rig.
    2011 Uptite 167
    20130410_134656.jpg 20130410_134924.jpg 20130410_135030.jpg 20130410_134946.jpg
    Kevin_TE250, ray_ray and pvduke like this.
  14. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    how is george doing? gota love his motor mods.
  15. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    He seems alright to me. He said that I might want to gear higher since I mentioned fourth pulls like second..
  16. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    yup. sounds like george. thanks. enjoy.
  17. Dirtrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125, WR250, TC450, TE250, TE610
    New ride! :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

18. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    It's taken me a spell to get this on the books since purchase in February due to work and getting a bi-weekly cold that would not let up in March...but here we go. Just got back from a nice 50 miler in the mountains. Oooooh this bike riiiips!

2012 WR300 "Porkulous J. Bacon's " 15 hour (sort of) report:

Compiled Garmin data:
    • 268 miles.
    • 13.8 hours.
    • Climbing: 59,000+feet. (add same for desending, what goes up? comes down)
    Problems: None- sans one overheat episode when I got stuck on some slimy POS climb, corrected with t-stat removal and Zip Ty Racing's XF+ coolant.

Parts used: Two rear tires, one front. Rear pads are getting thin. Chain is due for it's first adjustment, barely. Dented expansion chamber, fixable.

Mods: t-stat removal, re-valve of fork, JD jetting kit, bash plate, Motosportz bar risers and bleeders, Zip Ty XF+ coolant. Box-stock otherwise.

Cons: heavy clutch pull. If I'm bonking and the hard elements are one after another I get Pop-eye arm and have to rest.

Impressions: For $4895.00 you simply can't beat it. You can try, and lemme know how that goes. The sound is uncany and it stokes me. I look for spots to snap the clutch and get it on the pipe. Rocks: excellent. Climbs: what hill? Decending: scary fast. MPG: 50 miles on a little over a gallon 'n a half or so. Mostly ridden in mountains above 6000'. This is not a toy or a small bike. It's a big bike with big cajones and a luggable engine like none other. It's light too, I can pick it up no sweat. Everyone laughs at me having to left leg start it because I'm so short. 'Till it lights. And we disapear in the trees. I've had it in open stuff and lock to lock stuff I have to duck under for miles. Just sit, twist gently and feed it gears in that. Buh-bye.
    It's the last of the big right-hand drives around here and I'm stoked I got one. I beat on it for all I'm worth and then some getting sideways, hitting things, going off the trail and into the trees, panic rev after panic rev after panic rev. I'm suprized it hasn't blown up. It just laughs. Porky's a keeper. I'll never sell it, ever. This crusty old angry midget is happy. Barooop!

Many thanks to Paul @ Tri-County Powersports, Kelly @ Motosportz, Tinken @ Zip-Ty Racing. And, our most excellent Coffee-dood for letting me post my stuff here.

"Porky":

001.JPG

"Can't fake fast!" :

002a.jpg

T-stat removal/mod holding fine. Max flow, not a drop has leaked.

003.JPG

Braaaap! :p
  19. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    what how come ur bike had thermostat? 360 wr 2002 dont have one at least not to my knowledge? whats the point of a thermostat if the rads hold less than a litre? the bike waarms up darn quick any way no?
  20. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    as I understood it they used it to raise temps quickly as a street use type sold in certain countries
    but don't hold me to this just what I read here on other subjects
    juicypips and pvduke like this.