PNW Husky event. Bend, OR. Oct. 15-16, 2010

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by PC., Aug 9, 2010.

1. rpmguy Husqvarna
    B Class

What time saturday are you guys taking off on a ride, we will ride over and meet you at 2510 ?
  2. oregon_rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Les (LTR Suspension) and I are "confirmed".

Jeff
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Jeff,

Does Les mind packing my spare TC Zokes home with him for the exact same treatment as he did to my 09's????

Walt
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    That plan is to gather at 10ish on Saturday
  5. ken510 Husqvarna
    A Class

Are we meeting at 2510 instead of Camp II? Just want to make sure we get to the right place.
  6. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Looks like we are going to end up with people at both locations.....which makes either one the right place :) I am leaning towards Camp II myself.

In any case there was a plan floated to start around 10. The camps are close enough together that it will only take a few minutes to establish who is where and figure out how to contact each other.

I will have my 610 along so I can just run down the road to the other camp. I know others will have street legal bikes out there.
  7. SepticSkeptic Husqvarna
    B Class

2k miles of meandering my way up from So Cal and I arrived in Bend a bit early. I was planning on stopping by Bend Euro Moto for some much needed maintenance but alas, they are no more. :eek: Guess I shoulda checked on that before hand. :(

I broke my clutch cable pulling along side the park downtown. :lol: Swapped my spare on as I watched the cute girls running by, but I still need to check valves, change oil, get new knobbies, and some misc crap. Any ideas where I should go? I'd rather not do it in some random parking lot or park.
  8. Dustsucker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Go see Brandon at the Moto Shope on third st. south end of town 61445 SOUTH HWY 97 SUITE "D" for parts or Matt at M-Tech Motorcycles
    20748 Carmen Loop #140 Matt can fix anything, much loved in this town. Call if you need anything I will be working all over town on Wed.
    Erik 541-788-4426:thumbsup:
  9. rpmguy Husqvarna
    B Class

Sounds like fun cant wait to see all the Huskeys. Dont forget about the elevation over there, may need to drop the needles and mains. Also helps mileage. :cheers:
  10. SepticSkeptic Husqvarna
    B Class

:thumbsup: Cool, thanks.
  11. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Hmm...610...running into town, sightseeing...:thinking:...

I was wondering about that. What is the elevation range?

WoodsChick
  12. Dustsucker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Most of the trails are in the 4500'- 4900' range.
  13. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yep, the 610 opens up lots of options for exploring beyond the trails. There are some fun paved and gravel roads in the area. I figure to spend one day running around on the 610.
  14. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

you're not THAT far from Bill's in Salem. You could make a day of it.
  15. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

kewl. I'm looking forward to meeting Les in person (you too, oregon_rider, lol). I enjoyed talking with him on the phone and I love the work he did on my 300. I'll try to minimize picking his brain for suspension info and let him have a nice riding weekend, but no promises.
  16. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1 I think I need him to re-explain everything he already told me...
  17. SepticSkeptic Husqvarna
    B Class

I thought about that, hmm. I originally was gonna head up the coast from the redwood forest to Bandon and do maintenance at my dads place, but I got sick of the coastal cold and wet thing, so I went up Grants pass inland. There was a fun OHV area along the way, hit up Crater Lake, several other lakes etc. :applause: Good grief this thing is a bitch to pick up when loaded.

The other thing I was thinking was heading up to you and riding back down with you but I didn't know if you were riding down or not. I still have the (424) 241-**** number for you is that still your number? Are you riding down or trucking it with someone?
  18. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

wow, you're really early. it's still oct 15-16, right? everyone's scaring me by talking like it's sooner, but i got a 4day trip to the idaho mtns and hotsprings and singletrack this weekend.
  19. SepticSkeptic Husqvarna
    B Class

Yeah, I was just in the neighborhood. :lol: Have fun this weekend. I'll make it over to Idaho eventually, hopefully you can give me the Idaho low down on the 15th so I'll know what not to miss.
  20. SepticSkeptic Husqvarna
    B Class

Packing up. Gonna go to Bill's in Salem. We'll see if I can find my way there without stumbling into the wilderness area. I'll just tool around for a week, then return for the ride.