PNW Husky event. Bend, OR. Oct. 15-16, 2010

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by PC., Aug 9, 2010.

1. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Can anybody in the Bend area give us a weather report? We got a nice rain over here on the west side of the mountains so if a little of it got to China Hat it should make for perfect conditions coming up.
  2. Dustsucker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Rained most of Saturday and a little today, went and sampled 64 miles of it yesterday:thumbsup:PRIME! The moistue dries up here real quick though. No rain in the forcast for this week, but that could change in a day.
  3. cbienusa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 CR250,17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 YZ250
    Sounds like a ball. Unfortunately I wont be joining Walt cant get the time off and nursing my injuries from todays ride. lol!! You guys have a ball i'll expect to see some pics and vids. Chris
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Maybe you already use this but,
    here is a link to a National Weather Service site that has a seven day forcast. You can zoom and move the + where you want, then click on the location for a local forcast.
    I keep it in my favorites and look at it daily.
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...5078125&site=pqr&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    I actually do use that and also called my brother in Bend who said, "rain to the north, rain to the south but my house is dry" ... since he lives to the west of China Hat I was afraid that little or no moisture got to the riding area.

Dustsuckers report was just what I wanted to hear. That dirt is perfect after some rain, but was in need of a dust knockdown before this weekend.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I really don't know about this. You could probably tell I've not been on much, super busy.

Yesterday I was 98%, then last night 90%, and now 75% (chances of going).

Took me all day just to do the basics on this site, still have a ton of emails to reply to. I've not been on (really) in about a week.

In theory I could 'just go', but it is not that simple. If I do come up it will be with a couple of local cafe husky members on Thursday, leaving Sunday am.
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dang, we will miss you if you dont make it. I am still on schedule to get there Th afternoon. Even if you are there for a day or two, some of us will be around to ride and visit.
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Coffee,

No excuses, just throw in and come on up. This is official Cafe Husky business. :thumbsup:

PS, I will strap you on a WR360 and not let you come back until your are smiling.
  9. lineman12345678 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Add another one to the list. I will be rolling out with Kelly and my KTM. Sorry boys I am Huskyless right now. I will probably be back one one soon enough though.
  10. roostafish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 KTM 350 XCF
    Just confirming I will be there. Myself, and my partner Jack together cobine for our little tour company "Chuckwagon Tours." We'll have our three Husky's on site and my personal Gas Gas in ISDE trim.

We will head over Friday sometime, not in a hurry. Hopefully before dark!
  11. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    One of my buddies and his family will be there Thursday afternoon, me and my family will be there Thursday night and another buddy and his family will be there Friday afternoon. 6 adults, 5 kids and at least one dog.

We'll be setting up at 2510 and will be letting the good times roll immediately after:thumbsup:

I'll be out riding Friday AM if anyone is interested. Haven't ridden in 5 weeks, so I'll be looking to take it easy. Probably ride to the lookout tower and pray for rain :notworthy:

Dean,
    hope to see you. I'm not a betting man, but 75% sounds pretty like pretty good odds.

See you all soon!
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep Ken and I (post 309) will be there probably Thursday night as well. Will be bringing DS bikes and might go hit East Fort Rock and ice caves Friday. Will be rolling in Kens Rig (big new red Chevy 4 door truck and trailer). Will have my ATK 490 and WR125. Burry Adam (WR250 and ATK 605) will be joining us as well. Spoke with Dave from Giant Loop, he will not be there, he lives in Bend but is riding Gifford up my me. :D

See ya all soon.
  13. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

looking forward to meeting everybody... I'm so bad with names maybe I'll bring a sharpie and some masking tape for impromptu name tags :D

It will be Me, Walt, and my riding buddy Mitch (CRF 270X) who needs to be converted to the Husky way of life :cheers:

Kevin
  14. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    :lol: I was thinking the same thing! We need some of those "Hello, My Name Is______" tags :)

WoodsChick
  15. TheSandman Husqvarna
    B Class

I will be down on Thursday sometime. I am riding down with slackkinhard from TT. He'll have to ride his kawi though!!
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Oh great, there goes the neighborhood! :D
  17. TheSandman Husqvarna
    B Class

How do you think I feel, I have to ride down with him! He wants to know if your bringin the cagiva. His green bike is embarassing him.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We are taking one truck pulling a trailer. I want to bring about 5 bikes but only have room for two and Kens so I'll be bringing ,my 144 and ATK 490 DS bike. Thinking about tossing my plate on the WXC250 though. :cool:
  19. TheSandman Husqvarna
    B Class

I am bringing my WR125 and my KLX250 so I can do some dual sporting. Interested to have you try my stock carburated 125 and see what you think.
  20. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'll have to put mine on my butt so that you and Kelly can read it. (I got that two years of riding xperince doncha know)

All that single track you guys ride on your little girly bikes looks pretty flat in the pix. I'm pretty sure you won;t be able to keep up with the big heavy 610.