PNW Husky event. Bend, OR. Oct. 15-16, 2010

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by PC., Aug 9, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Buddy John might be there with his good running stock WR125 as well. He also recently got the RM needle. should be fun.
  2. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I'm still on schedule for Thursday afternoon. I'll have at least two bikes. My daughter and her SO will be bringing their Hondas.
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda

( snort! :lol: snerk! )

Yeah, you're right, xymotic. I have a feeling I'll be bowing to your larger and much more superior greatness all weekend:) But that's OK, I think my ego can take it ;)

WoodsChick
  4. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, I hope Kelly doesn't cry. I mean, again, that stuff he rides is so flat (I've seen pictures!) And them logs he jumps, how hard could that possibly be? on a 250 vs my mighty 610!? My 610 has a WAY HIGHER top speed than him.:lol:
  5. BrandonR Husqvarna
    A Class

EFR is all wide open Desert riding, 610's will rule :)
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Ok, now back to 90%.

Problem. I just noticed that Bills is in Salem, which does not appear to be on the way coming from California. If I was driving myself I would drive the extra miles to see him - but I will be riding with someone else.

Is there a dealer in OR on the way to buy a sticker to ride? I'm sorry, but I've lost track of all that in this thread. :banghead:
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

What time is everyone going to get going on Friday morning? We will be in late Thursday night. It's only a 600 mile treck for me. Most people will need name tags. I on the other hand have the short, fat, bald, old guy written all over me....must be Walt. Hey round and pear like is a pleasing shape too.
  8. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I hope you can make it Dean and I don't know what route you will be taking, but there is a KTM dealer on the North end of Bend, which is about 25+ miles from China Hat.
  9. ken510 Husqvarna
    A Class

The six of us should be there for an afternoon ride on Friday. We're about 60 miles North of Seattle and are leaving at O-dark thirty! White Escalade, white enclosed trailer. (Dan is stealing the grocery getter for the weekend, so we'll be traveling in style). Drive safe everyone.
  10. the beav Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey Dean, there’s a MC shop in your path in Klamath Falls. It’s the worst MC shop on the planet but with $10.50 and a VIN#, they will get you what you need and it’s not far out of your way.

Once you are in Oregon, you will be heading North on Hwy 97.
    Upon approach to Klamath, the first exit you will see is the “Klamath Falls Downtown” – blow on by but you’re getting warm.
    Next exit is “Oregon Avenue – State Police” – Blow by that one too, but you want the next one…
    “Oregon Institute of Technology” hang a right onto the exit and pull up to the STOP.
    From the STOP you can only go right -do so.(you are now on Crater Lake Parkway)
    Straight through the next stoplight-intersection (Bein Street).
    Straight through the next stoplight-intersection (Esplanade Street).
    Straight through the next stoplight-intersection (Main Street).
    Straight through the next stoplight-intersection (Washburn Way).
    Once past Washburn Way, the road goes up a rise, get in the left lane by the top of the rise.
    The next opportunity to turn left is Eberlein, turn left and you can’t miss the parking lot.

Tread and Track Motorsports – 3500 Eberlein, Klamath Falls, OR 97603. 541.880.5577

Back to Hwy 97; head back out of the parking lot on Eberlein the way you came in…
    Take a right on the Crater lake Parkway and just stay straight untill you hit Bend.
  11. Dustsucker Husqvarna
    AA Class

There is the MotoShop on the south side of Bend or if you PM me I can pick one up for you.
  12. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm still lookin for a ride from Federal way....:excuseme:

Dean, Bill Mailed me my sticker, got it next day. I think you still have time if you were leaving friday afternoon?

But yeah, EVERY moto shop in OR should have them shoudn't they?

http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/ATV/permit_vendors.shtml
  13. mac37 Husqvarna
    AA Class

14. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Well, if you weren't bald folks might get the two of us confused! :lol:

I should be easy to spot; I'll be the one on the Husky :D

If all goes as planned we will be pulling in sometime Friday morning. There are a few folks I want to see in LaPine and Bend, then we'll head on over.

WoodsChick
  15. oregon_rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

16. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    They are the same.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Until you realize a 300 pound bike in 3 foot deep sand whoops is a bit of a handful and the 125's stream by. Bench racing in full effect. I really want to bring my 250 but need the DS bike and no more room so 144 and 490 it is.

Hope to be there mid to late Thursday night. Thinking about a DS rip to East Fort Rock and ice caves some time Friday.

This should be fun. :cheers:
  18. BrandonR Husqvarna
    A Class

I only have a 610, so therefore it's the best :D
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    correct :thumbsup:
  20. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Not too early :cheers:

I haven't ridden in 5 weeks, so I'm going to get out Friday morning for an easy ride. Probably around 9 or 10am while there's still moisture in the ground.

Anyone coming from up North that might be able to lend a hand?
    I might be able to help out if you can to Portland somehow.

I'm bringing the big guns. Your PW50 isn't going to stand a chance :busted: