PNW Husky event. Bend, OR. Oct. 15-16, 2010

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by PC., Aug 9, 2010.

1. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Quote of the Weekend

Came out of MotoSportz, My friend Mitch and I had lost Walt :lol:
    He was supposed to stay on 63 (we were following) and get us to camp 2 to find a map.

He takes off on 51, we assume he's made a mistake and will be right back .. so we wait ... and wait....

Then we finally take 51 (and others) to camp 2 expecting to find Walt waiting for us, No Walt. 10 minutes later MotoSportz and Lineman pull up and I say "Have you seen Walt ? we seem to have lost him".

The quote "Well of Course you did !" :lol::lol:

We finally got clued in as to why He's called "Wrong Way Walt"
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Where's Walto? :lol:
  3. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    My wife has one of Jake slumped over in a chair looking in fine condition. We were wondering why they never showed up Saturday morning :lol:

Shane,
    thanks for the use of the bars. I got approximately 10.3 miles out of them. I'll contact you about them.

Besides Saturday's mayhem we all had a great time. A few of us got out Friday and ran to the lookout tower. Great times! And I got one solid ride before the curse came back to haunt me.
  4. roostafish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 KTM 350 XCF
    Don't know if this is appropriate in this thread, but we discovered over the weekend just how good the stock WR250 is. As one of our Chuckwagon tour bikes, it had not been out on a real ride yet. It and the 300 went out on a real ride Saturday, then I took it out. After getting rid of the slop in the throttle cable, and going from 1 1/4 turns out on the airscrew to 2 full turns out, the bike was amazing. It has the typical spike in the midstroke of the fork, but I do know it takes a few hundred miles to break them in. Nothing a trip to LTR can't cure anyway.
    My observation is that the 250 just works. Maybe better than the 300.....
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Eric rode them both back to back and really liked them both :thumbsup:
    He said the 250 was wicked fast and kept him on his toes. He preferred the "old man" qualities of the 300, though :lol: Eric lucked out this weekend, getting to ride your new 250 and 300, TROFFER's Aprilia (whee!) Mo's TE310 and Walt's perfect little 144:) A big "Thanks" to everyone for sharing with us :applause:

WoodsChick
  6. dcal Husqvarna
    A Class

The guy Kelly ran into was with me, Glad to here hear your alright. We didnt think you looked too good when we left you but we wernt sure how bad jeff was hurt. Turned out it was mostly cosmetic and broken nose. He looked a lot worse than he actually was. I was planning to try to meet abunch of you guys after the ride but "stuff" happens. It was a fun ride till then though.
  7. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Good to hear Jeff is relatively OK. Broken noses aren't a whole lot of fun (take a close look at mine sometime:lol:) but things could have been a whole lot worse, for sure. Tell him I'm sending healing thoughts his way :)

WoodsChick
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Cool, I felt bad I did not get names etc. It was all a blur at the time. Ribs, shoulder and hand as very sore and the pulled groin mussels hurt too but it could have been much worse. Thats the hardest crash i have been in (been inured worse though), was violent. I ended up in the weeds and disoriented on what just happened. Then i heard your friend gaging blood and asking for help. At first i was confused as to what was going on and who was talking to me. I did not get over to try to pry him out of the bikes until you guys were about there. I tried to lift the two tangled bikes off him and then realized something was wrong with my left wrist, thought it was broke and could not lift them, thats when you showed up. Still do not know what hit his face. Triple clamp or something. Helmet flew 15 feet and goggles destroyed. Last image i had before ejecting was him and I face to face and then i was in the bushes. How he ended up under the bikes i have no idea. I think he hit me in the ribs / shoulder and maybe that knocked him back? Tell him sorry and glad he is OK. Neither of us saw each other till we were face to face and loud sounds were happening. it was scary, never want to do that again. See ya on the trail, just not so close up i hope.

My forks are pretty much destroyed (yes the fancy red ano / nitrate coated ones) but fortunately a good friend with a nice set of revalved for me ohilns is coming to the rescue. Good to have good friends.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Great time and great to meet everyone!!!

I knew where I was......really.......:lol:

Hate to have the accidents, it sucks. It was just crowded and there are just a lot of blind corners. Glad to hear that no one was irrepairably hurt.
  10. dcal Husqvarna
    A Class

Kelly,Jeff blames me cause I took a wrong turn so he got in front ( jokingly of course ) I might have been the one to hit you, but instead I was a mile away. I started to help you out b/4 I found out how bad jeff was and I had the Keys to the trailer. Glad we were all able to ride out.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    i have not seen it that packed EVER. our group added a lot of people. then there were people out there setting up bikes and crap for next weeks race there. And when DSing Sunday i saw several group camps that were huge. Was just a crazy weekend.

Motosportz Mike and i spoke this morning about hosting one of these at an are up east of Seattle next year. More mountain, technical stuff and no high speed head on's but more technical trail.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I blame you too then :D

5 seconads earlier or later and we would have seen each other. Thats bike riding. Ride fast take chances. Safety third. :)
  13. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

IN:thumbsup:
  14. mykul Husqvarna
    B Class

Groin Mussels

15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  16. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

you don't have the pic of us (Me, Walt, Mitch ) in the Mexican place do you... I hate to see that one :busted:
  17. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

Yeah! C'mon! Surely I can't be the only one that took photos...right?

Let's see `em!

WoodsChick
  18. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Like I said, that's the Alibi pic. (except for the "guy" drinking the strawberry margarita) Was that Mitch? Major felony violation of the man code. I mean, I was drinking them too, because they were nummy, but I don't go talking about it, and I certainly don't let ppl take pictures of me.

Yeah, I been way lazy.
  19. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Here's my Pics

waiting on Walt:
    [IMG]

first day there...
    [IMG]

the 125 /144 :

[IMG]

Walt and Mitch :
    [IMG]

Me and Mitch waiting on Walt to come back (he didn't) at the junction of trail 63 and 51:

[IMG]

at the tower:[IMG]

[IMG]

view from the tower:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Day 2 Walt brings out the 360:
    [IMG]

Camp Photos:[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  20. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm comfortable enough with my masculinity to drink a strawberry Margarita ... yup.. thats me..:busted: