post your pix from this weekend

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

so the snow already hit Bend ? dang....
  2. jase1 Husqvarna

3. jase1 Husqvarna

4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Hi jase1,

Not sure what picture you are trying to show, but if you can view "just" a picture, as opposed to an album, set of pictures or website, then your pictures should show up in the img tags.

Otherwise if you are trying to share a website, maybe just post a link?
  5. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    A local point of interest. The Blue Ghost Tunnel, outside and inside.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. timpjr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    93 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    EVT America 3000w Scooter
    Rode Hunter lake trail N. of Reno, we had snow too...
    [IMG]

Was a bit rocky on the way upp but then...
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Looking down on Reno, NV...
    [IMG]
    That's a nice stream, oh wait its the trail...
    [IMG]
    Clutch cable snapped right after this moment, wet rocky trail, downhill, no clutch... fun times
    [IMG]

I'm new to this camera thing and i ride solo most of the time, there are so many places to ride here hope to get more beautiful pics in the future.
  7. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Wow! That looks really cool! We have some old trail tunnels and snow sheds here in the Sierra up near Donner Lake that I'd like to check out some day.

WoodsChick
  8. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I can only see the first photo...the rest of them are the dreaded red X in a box...is it just me :confused: I've ridden up there before and I really want to see the photos!! :(

WoodsChick
  9. timpjr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    93 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    EVT America 3000w Scooter
    Woops, I forgot to set permissions to everyone. Try it now :banghead:
  10. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

[IMG]

[IMG]

These pics were taken at the Stumpjumper Enduro in Warren Grove, NJ last weekend. Perfect weather, beautiful changing foliage, MASSIVE soft sand whoops in the first half, fast, flowing trail in the second half. It was a great wrap-up to the 2010 ECEA Enduro series. The 125 was absolutely ripping.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Did you loose your right footpeg :D
  12. Lil Los Husqvarna
    AA Class

This weekend I entered and finished my first harescramble. I've been to Carnegie here in the Bay Area 3 times to get my feet wet. Went to Metcalf once. Stayed on the greens and didnt venture too deep in the parks. I brought the TE to a MX course once and jumped in the deep end with it. Also been out 2 more times to another MX course in preperation of this event. Did some fire road riding at Loon Lake and of course some slab here and there. I've never ridden dirt prior to my husqy and come from a sportbike background.

I've seen these hare scramble races and instantly wanted to try it. This race was oriented to beginners so I marked this event as a must do. Below is the video of the rider behind me who I block for the first part of the race. Mentally I told myself it would just be a brisk trail ride....ride a constant pace and see where you end up. I felt good at the beginning and although I wasn't blazing I thought it would allow me to finish w/o killing myself. He dispatches of me after a few minutes....

[youtube]Mwv3HIkUQPc[/youtube]

Shortly after he passed me, the course went into a 4x4 area and a quarry type terrain. Sandy, gravely rutted tight turns. This is where I ran off the track...got back on and quickly had my first of many spills. After a few encounters of terrain I've never encountered before and more spills, I ditched my plan of "brisk trail ride" and went to survival mode. Below is a video from my friend who finished waaayyy ahead of me. As I coming down knowing I'm the last guy (sweepers behind you waiting for you to start your stalled bike on the trail is a good indication) I noticed the parking lot almost empty. I think to myself "damn it...(sigh)". I'm now putting along the MX course thinking "You're already last so take your time, and DO NOT CRASH NOW!".

[youtube]8ogGdvIdKFE&feature[/youtube]

I completed 3 laps, 10/10 in my class and 66th overall. Sprained my MCL, got splashed at a water hole, fell numerous times and people were waiting for me to finish so they could go home.

But, I got some much needed seat time, in different types of terrain. Pushed myself through the parts that had my number and finished the race. I also have a good water mark of my skills and know excatly what I need to improve on. Ever since the race I've been itching to get back at it so I can get better. I am looking forward to doing it again!
  13. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

The photographer always seems to set himself up for right hand turns...

The foot off the peg is my little signal to those behind me of how slow I am and to please pass on that side. I just leave the foot off all the time. I should really remove the peg to save some weight. :)
  14. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Awesome story, Carlos!! Seriously! That was really fun to watch and read...good for you :applause: Sounds like it was a great experience for you, and you had the right attitude to make it a successful day. Bringing it home in one piece is always Goal #1.

If it makes you feel any better I was the last one to finish when I entered my first real enduro :lol: Well, that's not entirely true...Eric was behind me so, technically, he was the last one to finish :p They were handing out trophies when I handed in my scorecard...but I finished :)

WoodsChick
  15. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    great pics feckel...first pic just kicks a**. 125's rule :cheers:
  16. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, I really like that one. Back tire churning, front wheel slightly airborne, looking WAY down the trail, not using my right footpeg...it was a great day in the saddle.
  17. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    i tiled it as my desktop background. 6 little huskys, rippin round a tree...meeeep! :cool:

dont let it go to yer head. :doh:
  18. Srad600 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '04 TC450 Plated
    Other Motorcycles:
    '96 XR650L SUMO, '11 KTM 990ADV
    Was a tad bit wet, but soooo much fun. Carnegie in the rain. :D

[IMG]
  19. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Friday afternoon somewhere near Garner Valley.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Snow riding time is here in the NW...

[IMG]