Power Commander V is now available for 2008/9 Husqvarna bikes

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Coffee, Jul 24, 2009.

1. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

Dustin, thank you for taking the time to answer our questions!

Why is the PCV not being marketed to 2008 models? The connectors are the same, and the ECU compatible.

Even if there isn't a PCV base map available for a particular displacement, seems AutoTune would be able to start with a base map that's 'close as possible' and create the precise map for that individual bike. It may take several rides, and committing the changes to update the base map, but it should work, yes?

Thanks,

Brett
  2. DynojetResearch Husqvarna
    A Class

Simply because we are not going to go back and test on anything older than 09 models. Will it work on the 08, I can't say but I think you guys know the answer to that one;)
  3. HUSQVNA Husqvarna
    AA Class

Seriously, If you need a 2009 TE310 with about 100 miles on it to put to the test, give me a hollar. I'd be willing to make the run up to Vegas from PHX some Saturday to help you help us all out! Bike runs ok is stock trim, but coming off the 450's and not knowing what the true potential of this motor is, I'd love to see what it can do.
  4. DynojetResearch Husqvarna
    A Class

That sounds good to me! PM me your # and I'll give you a call when I get from Bonneville
  5. HUSQVNA Husqvarna
    AA Class

6. cbreakin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    As those of you following this thread know my bike (09 SM510R) was the test mule for the 09+ fi huskys. I've now had a chance to put some time on the bike since it received the PC-V and dyno tune. My particular bike was in a pretty good state of tune prior to the PC-V, I rarely experienced the flame out issue and I thought it ran quite well, however after the PC-V it runs even better! The on/off throttle transition is now seamless, the bike pulls nicely throughout the revs and it seemed to have smoothed out during 4500-5000 rpm cruising with no surging at all. I did manage to low speed stall the bike, and to my surprise it started right back up with about 1 turn of the motor! Previously if it stalled it'd crank for quite a while before relighting. The only issue which isn't really an issue at all is when the bike is cold (first start of the day) it surges in the lower RPMs until it's up to temp. Once warm it runs flawlessly. Anyway I couldn't be happier with the PC-V and would reccomend it anyone with an FI Husky! And a huge THANK YOU to Coffee and Dynojet! :thumbsup:
  7. HUSQVNA Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's fantastic. Hoping to connect with Dynojet SOON to see about getting the small bore community online as well. Thanks for the update!
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :thumbsup:

More good news to follow, stay tuned...

:cheers:
  9. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

You're killing me Dean, throw us a bone, group buy?
  10. jmorrison Husqvarna
    C Class

08 te 450 dyno

View attachment 1685 I drove to Las Vegas Tue. July 14 and droped off my bike at Dyno Jet. I was on there web site and it said that they needed a 2008 or 2009 Te 450 for testing. So I gave them a call and they told me to bring it by and I would get a free power commander. I picked up the bike on Friday the 17th. When I got it home I went out for a short ride seems to run a bit stronger, but will need to do more seat of the pants testing. But I did e-mail them today to see if I could get a copy of the print out as I was not able to get one at the time I picked it up. got the dyno results e-mailed to me today and the max power is 49.03 and the max torque is 31.72 that is with a arrow slipon(powerup kit). And that is with a power commander III. I have not been able to ride the bike alot yet but it does seem to idle smoother and have a wee bit more top end. But I do believe they did richen it up some.Took the bike to work Friday Aug. 7th rode home on some dirt trails that have some real rocky and slow sections. bike seem to perform better over rocks and other slow obsticales. Before I would have some trouble with bike stalling on some slow stuff.So far I am pleased, bike on street seems not to be as snappy but I think that is because it is running richer but better on the trails. I would like to thank Dustin and all the people at Dynojet. I am impressed with the dyno results. The only problem I now have with my bike is that on the street when you bang it through the gears I would think that the front wheel would be hard to keep down but my bike seems to have a weird feel like the tire is slipping or the clutch is soft. On the dirt the rear tire will spin up real easy. I am satisfied with the PC111 and after seeing the dyno results on the 510.

Attached Files:

11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  12. HUSQVNA Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, that's good, sucks for me, but good for the masses. Guessin that mean's they don't have any call for me bringin my 310 up! Doh.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Hang tough, good things may come your way. This is a fairly unconventional arrangement being made with Dynojet. Besides they may want another 310, or my 310 might not happen.

Life is occasionally full of surprises.
  14. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

Haven't checked back in a few. Is the PCV with Autotune available yet?
  15. Droolsport Husqvarna
    A Class

Got some cash burning a hole in your pocket? :thumbsup:

I hope to bring my bike with me to the Endurocross in Vegas in Nov and drop it off at DJ for a PC-V tune and tutorial.
  16. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

You got that right!:cheers:

Here's another Q though: Where's everybody putting this stuff? Under the seat?
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I was told it would be a 'few weeks' after this thread was started (7/24/09). When it is available it will be listed on their website - it is not listed at the moment. Dynojet has been very busy on other projects. My hunch is it will be listed late next week but really do not know.

My impression is they have many 'stock' PC Vs available with long wiring harnesses. When I took the bike there they made detailed notes as to how long each wire should be. The stock wiring harnesses need cutting and connectors installed at their manufacturing facility then they need to be shipped to NV for sale. Auto tune is a completely separate 'stock' module that connects to the PC V that I believe needs no modification to use on the Husqvarna bikes.

At least that is how I think it works.

The PC V resides in the airbox area or attached to the inside of a side panel. No 'magic happy place', wherever works.
  18. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Thanks Coffe and Dynojet for all your hard work.

Liarpost posted a question that I'm not sure if it was addressed.
    Will the PCV with autotune adjust for a 250 with a 310 kit?
  19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You are welcome, and I'll pass that on to the folks at dynojet too :thumbsup:

Yes Autotune will accommodate for a 310 kit on a 250, and every other conceivable combination of things. Leo Vince, air filter brand, amount of oil in the air filter... At least that is my understanding.

Keep in mind that to use the Auto tune the bike needs to be running open loop because the autotune comes with it's own sensor that screws into the place the stock lambda was.
  20. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

Patiently waiting....:popcorn: