1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Power valve control

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MOTORHEAD, Sep 19, 2009.

1. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you look at the parts fiche on the left case where the spring is located, I ordered one of those washers in there and then used the size and diameter to machine a thicker washer. That set a little more pre-load on the spring. Like I said I am not sure if this ever helped or not as I also raised the compression at the same time.
  2. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    Do you want to preload the spring? Doesn't the spring resist the ramp and ball, hence delay the opening of the valve? Or is the valve opening too early? I like the bottom end, wouldn't mind getting the hit earlier.
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I've wondered the same thing too. Opening the valve earlier might be better. Maybe the bottom end last too long?

But, someone from across the pond said they had used a 1.3mm spacer with good results.

Something that needs to be tested.
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    OK, I did something a little different the other day and it seems to have helped. I loosened the bottom stop and took a screw driver and pushed the gear plate up until all the slack was out of the linkage. It was pretty easy to tell when it was tight, then I just locked it down.

I didn't pull the head and measure how much that moved the main flap, but I'm sure it did go up some. But, between the two it did give a positive result, the transition in the power isn't nearly as noticeable as before.
  5. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Do you mean here.

Husky recommends (.4 -.5 mm) clearance between the P/V's and piston. The slack can be taken up here on the linkage.

[IMG]
  6. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    That's the 125 style linkage isn't it?

I took mine up on the other side, behind the pipe where the bottom stop rests on the cylinder casting.
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Ben Smith rode a WR250 at the ISDE in Portugal. It was equipped with a Provini PV adjuster and he was impressed. He tried to trade his WER steering damper for it, but didn't work out. I think someone should try to import a small number of these.:cheers:
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I agree; There's something for someone like WER to look into.
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

was thinking something else. Both 125 and 250 use the same ball/cup/ramp govenor. they differ buy the actuating mechanism as the picture points out. I was thinkng....rather than change the spring rate with a shim or even a provini type thangy...he weight of the balls in the govenor/actuator. a heavier ball would move quicker as the centificl force goes on and open the valve quicker. Same size ball but of tungsten for example would give that effect. Just got to get some same size and then get some weights using a dopers drug scale (must be borrowed of course!) to se from the stocker. Rekluse uses a combination of them with steel to give different desired engagement effects. Just saying.

Joe
  10. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    True Joe. Would you measure the balls...:D
  11. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

After watching you ride the other day......I would say your measurement is 0.0........Mr. Blutarski....has no grade point average......all courses incomplete.
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The Rekluse balls are quite a bit bigger than the balls in the PV. First thing I did when I had it apart was compare. If you can find some tungsten balls that diameter let us all know. I didn't look as getting a spring was much easier. The combination of heavier balls and differing springs would give you a lot of variability.

Let us know what you find,
    Walt
  13. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    0.0? I have to swing 'em out of the way just to get on my bike! you must have me mistaken for some other ball-less rider:D
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    No word yet from Tullio P about US market purchase/shipment, will keep you guys informed.R
  15. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Joe,

The PV balls are 11/32"(.343"). I went ahead and ordered 4 of these to experiment with if I can ever get ambulatory. Cost of the 4 Tungsten Carbide balls is $22 without shipping.:eek:

Walt

Springs were about $15 appiece
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    From Tullio Provini

We allready sold in USA our T.E.C. sistem but at the moment we didnt have an importer in California so the cost of each shipment is around 60 € . The price is 325 € without tax and is not included Husqvarna valv cover wich is around 30 € tax included.

Thanks for your interest

Tullio Provini

so if you guys want one for the Husky its the TEC valve plus the special adapted Husky cover and shipping @425 bucks all together. So its available but its a costly piece of hardware.

PS I never heard back from my friend in Italia so I just contacted Tullio myself.
  17. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Thanks for checking into it. I'm going to get one, but I'm just not sure when. I'm just getting over paying property taxes, home & auto insurance and plates, plus I still need to get the 510 fixed. But, sometime in the next month or so I'm going to have to get one.
  18. tm_enduro Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TM144en
    TMs do not come with Provini PVs.

$425 for a unit that give you bolt on adjustable power. Hmm, sounds like a pretty good deal to me. If I can get GasGas300 power with a few adjustement, yet have a Husky with its parts availability, resale, quality, we have a winner. And with the 2010 models coming with KYB forks that are easy to tune, life is looking so good for the 250/300 Husky.