Press release - Sales up 9% for husky in 09

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    hope this is sign for us all,,,,,a slow upswing!!!
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Thanks for posting Kelly. :thumbsup:

:cheers:
  4. Huskys4Life Husqvarna
    B Class

U.S. Motorcycle sales down 41% but Husky sales up 9% tells the whole story.:applause:
  5. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Honestly, that isnt saying much as HNA couldnt sell motorcycles in the USA for several months in 08 as they didnt have their state registration paperwork done in places like California. Cagiva was the importer until Jun/08 and HNA wouldnt sell anyone bikes until November/08 so there is a big gap in sales.

Only being up 9% compared to 08 isnt good IMO.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    On the flip side the US Economy (and a good portion of the world economy) went in the toilet Dec 08 and 09 was a really bad year for MANY manufactures. Most except BMW and husky are WAY down for 09. Harley even got rid of Buell and trying to off MV Agusta because of this. 09 was probably the single worst year ever for many manufacturers makes any gain amazing regardless IMHO.
  7. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    The results are comming off a low base but and its a big but to actually pick up growth and market share when all around you is dramatically going the other way is a solid performance. If Husky had stayed a 08 numbers it would have been an ok result. So I am pretty happy. The acid is on 2010. The markets have bottomed, and the other brands will look to claw back lost ground. Its how we handle this and the still tight consumer discretionary spending that is the challenge. Certainly more reuslts on the track will help. The 630 TE and SM will be a draw card too. Fingers crossed as this could be a watershed year that may redeine Husky away from a nice but quaint perception to one of suffient critical mass to matter. Go you good thing.
  8. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX

Any upswing is good news especially when you look what happened in terms of retail sales in 2009. I could get any other distributor in the U.S. to switch places with us if you don't think so. I find it very interesting that people want to take even good news like this(which is 100% factually correct) and discount it or shoot holes in it. Going back to 2008 is almost like going back before Black Friday in 1929. In reality if we manage to hold our own in the upcoming year it will be a huge achievement. The market is flodded with leftovers at massive discounts and until those work their way through the system the market for current year models will be tough sledding. By the way thanks to everyone who bought a new Husqvarna lately. I just got back from the first National Hare and Hound and the number of Husqvarnas that were present was substantially higher than last year.

I never cease to be amazed how people always are drawn to the negative.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Lots of Huskys at races here in the NW now where I used to be a odd guy out. :thumbsup: Taskys and Bills are doing one hell of a job.

Got an 09 WR125 and 2010 TXC250 this year. I freaking love the new frame and handling / ergonomics. Stuff a 200 in the 125 and I'll buy another one.

You guys are doing great, thanks. :thumbsup:
  10. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

five more expert guys going to husky for next NETRA season,including a former H/S-enduro champ riding an older '02 125
    by my count for next season that brings my known husky riders to 14!

big upswing from 3-6 of them last season!

still the majority is KTM,but i say let them drink the ktm kool aid,makes winning and beating the other brands much more enjoyable,them showing them the husky bucks to "rub the puppies nose in it"
  11. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Kevin..Bert was ripping on that 02. imagine what damage on the 07 144 could be done!

Joe
  12. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

we will find out at the snow run!!!
  13. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thats great sales are up 9%! Woo-hooo!

It raises the question: Why sales are up 9%?

Personally i think that press release is a bunch of smoke getting blown up my you-know-what. As if BMW and Husky NA had anything to do with sales growing in the USA. All they needed to do was get the bikes to the show room floors, and sales would have grown. It was built in momentum. And the 'race efforts'-- are you kidding me? Say hi to Scott Summers.

I wish it was worded more like this:

"With the help of a supportive and committed dealer base, and a die hard group of old and new Husky riders, Husqvarna has bucked the trend in dirt bike sales and shown an increase in sales of 9%. Building on the momentum of recent years Husky is back! Come ride the dialed in Huskys and dont forget our newest offers, the upgraded TE630, and the all new TC250. Expect exciting things from us in the future as we build on our recent achievements. Husky is now actively racing satellite teams in several off road disciplines and we've already seen some success, with more to come. "

Something like that. More humble. More honest. Less arrogant. Less cocky.

I totally agree with ScottyR. The whole story is that Husky NA really screwed things up, and should have done far better. NO PARTS FOR 6 MONTHS !BIKES 6 MONTHS LATE !!!Just be honest, and everything will work out. Nothing wrong with mistakes. Just really bugs me to read this kind stuff.

NO, HUSKY NA, actually you guys dropped the ball, are riding on the momentum WE built into Husky and you should have sold far more bikes. Credit will be given when you earn it.
  14. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Like I said some people only want to look at the negative. Sales are up and thats a fact. Sorry you can't handle some good news. Don't you have a Sherco waiting somehwere with your name on it.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Mike your constant negativity is bringing this entire forum down, with a these 'passionate rants', they add nothing to the vibe of the forum, at all.

ANY sales increase is great news. If you don't think so take a gander at all the empty store fronts that were once dealers of other brands.

For heavens sake if you are not happy with what is happening with the brand, vote with your wallet and go find another brand.
  17. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    It pains me to say this, Mike, but I have to agree with the above sentiments. You have always been the first one to bring up the positive "Husky vibe." In fact, I used to think of you and the Husky vibe as synonymous. Not anymore...and it bums me out :( This a direct quote of yours from just less than 7 months ago, Mike...

"Its the sense of community, the Husky vibe, found on these forums that is such a great asset."

All of us here bust our butts to make the brand better, to make new owners proud to have purchased a Husqvarna, to make this place a warm, helpful and welcoming community for all Husqvarna owners. In short...to provide that sense of community with the Husky vibe you once held so dear. Your negativity and oft-voiced threats to go to Sherco run totally counter to fostering that vibe, for sure.

I know all too well how you soured on the Honda brand, and you made it pretty well known how you felt about it. Once you went to Husky you were happy again. It is now painfully obvious that you are once again displeased with your chosen brand of motorcycle. I would hate to see anyone leave the fold, but perhaps it's time for you to see if Sherco can, indeed, bring you the happiness you so desperately seek?

I, for one, am pretty stoked about the uptick in sales, regardless of who deserves the thanks for it...or who is to blame. I want Husqvarna to be successful, and I want them to be a prosperous and viable company here in the US for years to come.

WoodsChick
  18. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thank Dean I couldn't say it any clearer myself. As I mentioned in a phone conversation a few moments ago I have made my last post on this website. I had desperately hoped it would be different from the other websites and that a true sense of community would exist. You have done a great job here but I can see where this is headed. All of you who read this site:

I have tried to offer additional perspective and insight from a manufacturer's background. This practice of personal engagement is frowned on by management at every OEM. I realize we are not perfect and that mistakes are sometimes made. However at this point I find its not worth the effort anymore as it will only lead to more misguided "bashing" of the company I work for and in an indirect way me personally. I wish all you the best of luck. 98% of the crowd here has their head and their heart in the right place. I'll leave you with this. Nothing is certain in this day and age. As I read the bantering about the developing ties between BMW and Husqvarna from a product development standpoint and how it is the end of the earth it makes me laugh. I remember a time when it was thought that Husqvarna could never survive as an "Italian" company because of its Swedish origins. Well folks the world changes and either you change with it or get left behind. We will continue to try to grow the brand and the business as best we can. I just won't be checking in here anymore to see what is going on or attempt to add to the discussion in a meaningful way.

Good by and Good luck to all!:cheers:
  19. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    Get's my vote! :thumbsup:
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    OK, that sucks! I for one hope you change your mind. Thanks for all the hard work.

Kelly
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.