Production husky 900 pix

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Jul 1, 2011.

1. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    Homologation in this case means meeting Fed emissions and safety requirements. If it ever arrives here in the USA the engine will probably be strangled and it will have humongous turn signals and a different headlight. Not a problem if you are willing to drop another $2K on an exhaust and intake/fueling mods. Keeps the aftermarket in business.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Why would it be any different / harder than the MANY models BMW/Husky already have through the process. It's not like it is new territory. Does not make sense to me. The basic platform, the F800 is already sold here in the states for many years.
  3. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    It is my understanding that the approval process is very expensive. Yet another way for the Feds to extort $$$. Not only that, if this bike is to be sold in California, there is a state approval process as well because California has different standards (stricter) than the rest of the 49 States. Even though it is based on the F800, it is a different model so it needs to go through its own approval process. Not defending this bureaucratic custerf***, just offering my guess as to one reason why it may not be offered here.

4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    NUDA 900. great name
  5. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

So the US market gets the Nada 900...?

:lol:
  6. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think we’ll probably get it after a one year delay, the necessary amount of time to make sure (using the European test dummies...[IMG]) that all is working as it should in the bike

I cannot imagine BMW going through the trouble and allocating any funds in this economy to Husky, to produce a 900cc bike that cannot be sold allover the world...I mean why the hell bother ? [IMG]

I’m not worried, it’ll just give me more time to save for the down payment

[IMG]
    Motosportz likes this.
  7. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Because that worked SO well for the F800GS! NOT! [IMG] [IMG]
  8. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    oh its coming alright. and others. stay tuned. the Marque is on a roll.
  9. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

if i were to get a street bike itd be hard to pass up on the ducati crotch rocket ive always wanted...but i got to say this bike looks alot better in theese pics than the last pics i had seen for some reason.
  10. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just rang my dealer, a shipment will be here next year, the date & price?, don't know, but as soon as it hits the dock I want one.
  11. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

OK, I'm going to go on the record over here, and say I'm not happy with the lack of Husky gun sight logo on this bike
    [IMG]
    Really BMusky, not even one? :thumbsdown:
    Really...?!?

:naughty:
  12. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I doubt those are production bikes, but late prototypes. I've little doubt the logo and husky name will be on the bikes when they make their appearance on the showroom floor.
  13. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

funny how the epa did the same on the diesel trucks...increase engine size and lower mileage by using more fuel to burn the waste off in the convertors....ignorant to say the least...ok ok not the same but the same frickin epa lol rant over
  14. chuck r Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR144 WB