1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Pv issue

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by creamsodauk, Oct 27, 2014.

1. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Grab a multi meter read the battery when bikes off should be near as dammit 12v start the bike re test battery if its charging should be up to 14v any higher its rectorfier, if that reads 14 ish volts then kill the bike and measure battery if voltage drops rapidly youve got a earth leak somwhere veryfy this by disconnecting battety and see if voltage drops at same rate if it does your batterys toast.
    Get another and check again.
    More than probable is a wire shorted out somwhere near headstem or pinched under a bolt somwhere.
  2. creamsodauk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sms 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda msx, derbi senda 50
    A quick update

Sorry I take ages to do stuff!

Right I threw on a very old and basic multimeter. It stayed stable whilst the ignition was on and engine off, so I then started the engine and the meter moved up as expected and again stayed stable, I can't tell what volts etc but I'd say it was fine as you would expect a bike to run at around 13-14v from my experiance with my rs125

So anyway I then look again at the clocks and still as I blip the revs the clocks dim, I then grab the clocks and the plug and squeeze them together and blip the throtel and tada! The clocks stay on and don't dim, so for now I have used a cable tie round the plug and display to keep them solid, and as I did. All of this fiddling I noticed the pv self cleaned on a few occasions! Leading me to belive all my issues are probably just clock faults!

So I spent forever on Google and found the part number I wanted. Eventually finding a set of new clocks in Germany costing me £58 posted! They are probably in kph but I really could t care as the uk cost for the clocks was an astounding £2-300 depending on dealer and no one had or could give me a date on some.

So for now it's tucked up again once the clockd arrive I shall let you all know, if it does work and the pv begins to operate I shall need to know how to readjust the cables as I currently have them disconnected and stuck in the open position 8-)
  3. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    I am glad to hear this! I don't know but maybe for future if you have any issues, watch this, it shows how the powervalves and arm come out/ off the cylinder, might help you if you do a top end rebuild
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emzbaPoef5Q
    , I got mine off, piston was great, scotchbrite the cylinder, cleaned valves, now works brilliantly again
    Daniel B likes this.
  4. creamsodauk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sms 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    New clocks arrived super fast and fitted in mins! Ok there in kph but I don't care lol

When I pluggdd the clocks in the screen stated 12-s the dash flicked between a 3 and a 5? I selected the 3 assuming this was the choice between wre and sms wheel size?

Either way clocks work 100% and the pv motor appears to spin round when revved high, ran out of time but I need to refit the cables and set the pv's back up if anyone could guide me that would be great 8-) that way I can see if it's working when riding 8-)
  5. creamsodauk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sms 125
    Other Motorcycles:
  6. creamsodauk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sms 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Having read a post about chsnging settings on husky clcocks via the set button i decided too see what would haooen if i was too hokd my set button and turn thr ignition on

well blowm me it came up eith the word set and ehen i released the button my clcoks where in mph!

tottaly over thr moon 8->
  7. creamsodauk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sms 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sadly I'm back on this issue 8-(

My new clocks are installed and seem to work fine (the odo now reads 2 and not 4 like after my first ride? Seems odd)

Anyway so I refitted the pv cables and tried the bike out and nothing , no pv

So I removed the cables and tried the pv motor without cables and when I Rev the bike high the motor does a 360 and goes back to where it started which is clearly wrong

My problem now is what to replace next! I love the bike to bits but this could cost me a bomb to replace everything trying to source the issue(s)

I also managed to do this to the pv adjuster bolt somehow 8-( I guess the cable and adjuster are all sold as one piece as the cable ends won't for though and the bolt isn't slotted to feed ye cable through

[IMG]
  8. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    You have cable ends that are just the slip on type and have a small screw that pinch the cable.

I used them always on my mopeds in my earlier days.

simple steel cable with a soldered cylinder on one end and a slip on one on the other one, especially throttle cables.

Robert-Jan
    Daniel B likes this.
  9. creamsodauk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sms 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ah ok so il just grab an adjuster and figure out which end is screw on 8-)

Does anyone have a power valve controller I could try? Or does anyone know which cagiva ones fit?
  10. creamsodauk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sms 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ignore the part about the odo changing

It's because I flipped the clocks from kph to mph lol
  11. creamsodauk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sms 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have a feeling these cables are solid and sold with the adjuster etc all in

Tried both ends but neither end will undo and on the parts diagram the adjuster and cables aren't listed seperatly but all as one? Any help as Iv tried the diagrams and searched all parts nunbers and Iv come up with nothing 8-(
  12. creamsodauk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sms 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ok so even more annoying news

I purchased a rave unit from Poland as all the connectors looked like mine and it stated it was for my year and model

Anyway that's on route so I begin to strip the bike down to find the unit.... It seems the cdi is also the rave unit just like aprillia in 2007 switching from a cdi and rave to an all in one 8-(

So now I have a part on route that's pointles and I'm stuck with this question, do I source a new cdi or do I replace the motor/solenoid!

The company I got the rave from in Poland also do the full motor and solenoid so I can return the item and pay a bit extra for that...

Does anyone in the uk have a spare solenoid and Pv I can plug in and check on my bike?

And also can anyone explain the different electronics in my bike as the 2007 model is meant to use this seperate rave unit apparently

As you can see the pv wires appear to go straight into the main harness and back to the cdi in the back

There's nothing in the middle no connectors, units nothing

[IMG]
  13. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I don't Know the term rave unit but if you mean the valve opening control that was in 2006 model a separate item and in the 2007 model combined in the servo unit

Do you have a parts manual from you bike?

if not have a look on this site.

http://husqvarnaoutlet.com/parts_fiche

Robert-Jan
  14. creamsodauk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sms 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks bud I thought as much, in 2007 Aprilia also combined the cdi and Pv controller in one

However the item I got from eBay was listed for my year 8-(

Luckily I can send it back and replace it with a derbi motor etc

Once I get the servo motor I can test it again, if it's still faukty I guess it's the cdi next

Can anyone tell me how to restet the pv? Apparently there's a sequence that allows you to reset the pv
  15. mbb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Stella 125, Cagiva Planet 125
    Have you previously open the servo motor cover?
    If you did open it, you have to make sure the orientation of the motor cover is correct. If you look closely on the three small holes, one of them has a flat edge. This should position close to the pulley.
  16. creamsodauk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sms 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thank you kindly, I have removed the motor case so I will check this 8-)
  17. Daniel B Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms 125 - WR engine and 36mm carb
    Other Motorcycles:
    Customised Yamaha Zuma 50
    Know this is a year old thread,but to give it continuation to same topic !
    Found my PV cables broke today :( My servo motor is also not functioning /moving!Checked the plug connectors and its only receiving 5V
    Removed Servo unit cover and located power cable to motor ,gave it 12v and it moves nicely and its not stuck!Any ideas ,guys ,why the bike is only sending 5v?
    Thanks 20160623_102949.jpg 20160623_103037.jpg
  18. Daniel B Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms 125 - WR engine and 36mm carb
    Other Motorcycles:
    Customised Yamaha Zuma 50
    Update.Replaced cables with "normal" accelerator cable and end "bits".
    Checked continuity with multimeter and found the red power feed wire sliced!Fix it and servo unit working fine.
    My sm125 is 2008 and jointly another member with same year bike,we can now confirm how the servo unit does the initial test.
    1.Unlike ,what is says on workshop manual,NO sound or movement at all with just ignition on!Servo unit does the "0pen / Close Power valve test ,ONLY when you crank engine (doesnt even have to start engine!)
    2.Unlike what it says on workshop manual,there are no "aligment marks" on lower pulley .Workshop says to align mark A with middle cable slot and then crank bike and mark B should now align with middle cable slot!No marks ,on 2008 sm125 !the movement from A to B is approx 15 degrees and this is the full movement of PV ,which I can confirm ,since I removed the cables and moved lower pulley freely where OPENING Pv is clockwise and CLOSING is anticlockwise.
    juicypips likes this.