1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st PWK Needle Comparison

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Kyle Tarry, Aug 12, 2013.

1. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

2. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800

Needle code is: Taper angle, clip position, base diameter

So, compared to a CEL, the DDJ has a steeper taper (richer), is 1 clip position higher (richer), and has a smaller base diameter (richer). A DDJ is somewhere between the JD red and the JD blue, approximately. Quite a bit richer than the CEL in all aspects.
  3. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I tried the DEL needle in a 2-hour hare scramble today. Conditions were really bad (2" of rain, it was very sloppy), so it wasn't a normal ride/race, but I liked it much more than the CEL that I had in before. I do not know how much of that is due to the change in taper, and how much is due to the fact that I was running it on the 4th clip (I had the CEL on the third clip).

About sea level (1,000 feet, tops), 40-45 degrees F.

The DEL had good snap off the bottom and good lug-ability, which I felt that the CEL was lacking. This might just be due to the clip position. I will probably go back to the JD red as a comparison, but I think that the DEL is just about as good, and would definitely recommend it.
    Joedints likes this.
  4. Joedints Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300 13 WR125 81 WR430 82 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZR7-S
    More power to you... I was at the slopfest for the youth event and packed up to head home around 7 Sat night... What was tougher, the event or the drive out of there?????
  5. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I was in the morning (C) race, so the conditions on the drive home were fine. The main event guys ended and drove home in the snow...

It was one of the wettest, muddiest races I have been in. Last year's MCI race at Sahara Sands was similarly bad. I think that the conditions at Oxbo were better, the race at MCI was a total trench-fest, the woods were one long 1-foot-deep rut, because it's all sand with no rocks to keep things in place.
  6. Joedints Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300 13 WR125 81 WR430 82 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZR7-S
    Ya, part of the Sahara Sands trench was the trail me and a few others cut for the PBER Youth HS the year before and the MCI guys used it for their adult event.. Sort of messed up this past years plans when we went out to layout the youth course, figuring we reuse it, but an agreement was stuck not to poach each others trail this year..