1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st PWK swap and hydraulic clutch issues...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by hesutton, May 3, 2015.

1. hesutton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300 (SOLD)
    Other Motorcycles:
    2021 Sherco 300SE 2002 Honda CRF450
    The 2008 and earlier reed boot side by side with 2009-2014 boot.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

PWK installed with the shorter boot. The airbox boot just clears the shock spring! Happy to see that.
    image.jpg

The new Magura hydraulic clutch kit should be here today. Hope that works as well as the boot swap.

Heath
  2. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    that is a huge difference
    shawbagga likes this.
  3. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Excellent, great info here again. Sounds like the air boot was a non-issue really, but would have bugged me too.
    Highly recommend Honda CR250 reed block gaskets #14132-k23-880, I used 2, 1 on either side of the reed block. No silicon mess or air leaks.

Stock and Terminator clutch cable both touch the bottom of engine case here too. Sounds like the clutch arm mod is easiest solution.

:cheers:
  4. hesutton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300 (SOLD)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Man, I'm glad this parts interchange came up in the discussion. I couldn't stand riding the WR knowing the airbox boot was getting groped like a dirty old man by the shock spring. The shock would have to move a considerable distance to clear the boot when riding. I haven't seen pics of anyone else's bike with this issue, but there was way more contact between those two parts than I was comfortable with. That kind of stuff drives me nuts (Type A personality)!:banghead:

Wife called me and said the Magura arrived today. Will fit (or fight) it on the WR tonight and post up the verdict.

Heath
  5. hesutton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300 (SOLD)
    Other Motorcycles:
    The new Magura kit is a success as well.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

The longer actuating arm on the slave and the shortened adaptor barrel work without hitting the cases or reed block.
    image.jpg

Can't wait to try this stuff out!

Heath
    shawbagga and Cosmokenney like this.
  6. hesutton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300 (SOLD)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just with some short testing around the house (sorry neighbors). The juice clutch is working fine. The PWK is quick to start the bike (the TMX did too), but the low speed fueling of the PWK is much more consistent/predictable than the TMX. Granted this is a pseudo-impression as I've not had Mr. Husky on real single track trail with this set up. But, my subdivision loop (:rolleyes:) makes me happy I did swap these parts.

Certainly will have better details on how the 300 performs after my riding trip this weekend.

I think anybody swapping a PWK or non-shortened Lectron on a 2009 or newer WR needs to order one of these shorter reed boots with the carb. If I had known at the time, I would have.

Peter at Magura was huge help as well. Sometimes the standard WR300 kit works, sometimes it doesn't (as in my case).

Thanks for all the help.:notworthy:

Heath
    Darrel78 likes this.
  7. hesutton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300 (SOLD)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Have been really busy since I've been back from my riding trip, or I would have posted sooner.

With a few simple mods... This WR300 is one of the BEST off road motorcycles I've ridden. I'm so glad I didn't pay twice the price for a KTM (orange or white) and get stuck with the 4CS fork. I was very pleased with the open cartridge Kayaba/Sachs combo. I've not had stock suspension do such a good job on rocks, roots, bumps, ruts and other trail junk as the 2014 WR. I'm sure it will be even better with some tailored spring rates/valving and a steering damper.

The bike refuses to stall or stop moving forward. I rode right through several sections that I know I would have stalled or wrecked on my CRF450. It gives me more confidence to tackle tougher sections as I know the bike won't do something weird or annoying, it'll just keep moving on up the trail.

The 45 pilot was a bit rich for the West Virginia mountains, but the 175 main seemed spot on. Even with a fat pilot, the PWK has been a great improvement. Consistent low throttle fuel metering, excellent mileage, and predicable starting hot or cold. The Magura hydraulic clutch is light with good solid engagement/disengagement point. That point never changes regardless if the clutch is cold or getting beaten/abused on a nasty single track. Glad I did the swap and would do it again.

Really loving the WR300. Can't wait to ride it again.

When time allows, I'll post some GoPro vids of my trip.

Heath
  8. hesutton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300 (SOLD)
    Other Motorcycles: