Reflash software

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Tony2k, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Depends on your VIN number, I'd call your dealer.
  2. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Maybe a dealer could post up the list of the VIN range for the affected models?
  3. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    No - no upgrades have ever been made available for the 610, just the 08 twin cam models.

Dave
  4. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

you da man! :thumbsup:
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    OK folks, can any of you tell me where this list of '08's that need re-flashed comes from and a dealer that knows anything about it?

I can't find a dealer that know of any list or has the stuff to do it.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Motorhead - someone should be contacting you soon. If no one does please contact me. Do not let this linger and forget about it.
  7. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I should have also said, let me know if/when they contact you.
  9. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

Jeff Kaylor at Hall's has the stuff to update older 08 ECU to newer A version. Sending my ECU next week. PC+AT has helped a ton but the low end still needs help.

Hall's Cycles
    3801 N. Dirksen Pkwy.
    Springfield, IL 62707
    217-789-0107
  10. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thank you lairpost. :thumbsup: This is good news. :applause: TE 250 needs the new version.
  11. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Did everyone on this thread do this upgrade?
  12. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    We got the '08 TE 250 flashed two weekends ago at her dealer, Good Times Motorsports in Sacramento. It cost $45. The weather and weekend work has kept her from riding it and tring it out. I did start it up after the flash to make sure it still runs. We have this Sat. free and the weather forecast says 0% of rain.:thumbsup:

Going to make sure we get a good day or two of riding the 250 with the flash, then it will be getting the 300cc big bore kit from Motosportz that is in the mail.:applause:
  13. panthocrator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 510 2008
    Hi,
    I want to upgrade ECU on my 2008 SMR510. In couple of days I'll get SEMCO iBeat V2 and could somebody tell me if it is possible to finish job with it. I am interested how can I get ECU upgrade (download). I would appreciate if somebody could explain me step by step how to upgrade.

thanks
  14. kjclark7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE510
    any more updates on the flash? my bike is at the dealer and i told them to do the flash cause my bike was hesitating at low rpm's at times.
    for those of you who have updated, what difference has it made?
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The reflash was only for specific vin numbers as I recall...and I believe this thread was specific to 2008 bikes. Though there could be other / newer re-flashing needed for other bikes - I don't have access to the dealers portal.

I don't know what bike you have.
  16. kjclark7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE510
    2008 te510
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    *somewhere* I have the list of vin numbers for the 2008 bikes, if you want to PM me your vin I can check.. but your dealer should also be able to look it up.

Also - Halls cycles 'stepped up to the plate' and bought the re-flash software, I believe they were the first dealer in the usa to do so. If nothing else you could call them and ask them.
  18. kjclark7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE510
    well the bike is at the dealer so hopefully they know about the flash and are able to do it if my bike is due for the upgrade. so what benefits are there for those that were flashed?
  19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I would not assume anything. The dealers themselves cannot find the information they need through their portal at times, at least that is what I was told a few times.

Check here for more information, this issue was a long time ago and I don't remember all of the details - except the software to re-program the ecu was *not* cheap, hence many dealers did not purchase it - but Halls did (after I asked them to).
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/efi-owners-what-is-your-vin.4012/page-2#post-51724

In that post his first bike needed a re-flash, and the replacement bike did not, because the newer 2008s did not need it.
  20. kjclark7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE510
    well i just heard back from the dealer today and the tech told me that they did not have the code to do the flash and they have to call husqvarna directly to get the code.