Replacement 30mm fuel pump now available

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by ray_ray, Apr 2, 2011.

1. takeastep Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 CRF250R
    Ive been using that type for around 40 hrs now no problem. That's twice as long as the standard. Direct fit no mods needed for me. Be sure to use correct submersible fuel hose[/quote]

Just received mine from here as well. The condition of my existing hose is still good and I would like to use it. How do you fit the nipple into the hose. It is such a tight fit and I can't get it in.
  2. takeastep Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 CRF250R
    Here is what I am talking about.
    [IMG]
  3. takeastep Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 CRF250R
    Stuck up Palomar Mountain due to fuel pump.
    [IMG]

Help is on it's way!
    [IMG]
  4. JimBob Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Ok, help me out here. I just bought a 2008 TE450 and today was my first chance to ride for any length of time. The bike starts and idles fine. I rode for about 10 minutes and it started to die when I cut the throttle at stop signs. It started up again, but seemed to have some hesitation at take off. I thought maybe I was low on fuel so I ran to the local jam and filled it with Premium. It only took about a gallon to fill the tank. It seemed to run fine after that but I just rode home from there, maybe 4-5 minutes. I'm thinking maybe the fuel pump got hot and started to fail, them I pumped a gallon of cold gas into the tank which cooled it off enough to get me home. Does that sound like a fuel pump problem to you guys? If so, what is my cheapest yet effective fix?
  5. Awjita Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 te 450
    I just installed that pump in my 2010 te450 and ever since the install it hasn't been running right. If I get on it hard the bike bogs out and starts popping and back firing. I need to realły feather the throttle to be able to ride it and when it revs up to around 5500 rpms it bogs out again until I let off on it. Now I'm not sure this problem is caused by this pump but I've never experienced it until I installed it. I've been over the wiring, I've cleaned out the throttle body, I've replaced the gas thinking maybe it was bad fuel but nothing seems to make it run right. The bike always ran great until the day the stock pump went. I'm about to order the pump from cacycleworks and see if that solves it but I am reluctant to spend the money if I'm not 100% sure that this pump is the problem. Has anybody else had problems with this pump or have any clue what may be wrong? I'm dying to ride this damn thing!
  6. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Those symptoms are what I had and can mean you have a clogging up pump that expands and stops turning when hot. Get a CAcycleWorks pump and skip the headaches of the $40 pump with no barb.
  7. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
  8. Awjita Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 te 450
    Olderhuskyrider seems to know his shit, I'm going to take his advice.
    Thanks again