Retail Prices (MSRP) for the New 2011 TC/TEs!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by DesertHusky, Jul 27, 2010.

1. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I'd never heard that about KTMs. My bike came from a dealer and once broken in went to Mexico and hasn't had an issue that I had to fix except for that slight turn of the brake line. I paid MSRP and about $300 for him to set it up but I'm not complaining.
  2. HuskyT Moderator

Actually no, with a little reality check, you don't have to pay to play.
    I track ride and race my '05 TC450 all the time and have no problems with it. 275 plus hours now...My Pay to Play ratio is stacked in my favor quite heavily!!! Must be why I ride a Husky.

However you do have a valid point on the lust thing....errr comparison! :)

T
  3. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

As a KTM owner, I must say I am happy about the way My 2007 XC-W has treated me. Yes I have had to play around with the jetting, had the suspension work done & bought I don't know how much crap for it. But, I stay on the maintenance & try not to ghost ride it too much & it's been a great bike.
    My SM 610 has had a little trouble, but I knew that when I bought it. The petcock leaked, the head sweated coolant, the valve cover sweated oil & the stock jetting was so lean that I was glad that it didn't burn the piston up when I broke it in. That has all been fixed & I'm going on my 5th year anniversary this September. I wouldn't sell her for anything. Great bike & I was familiar with the brand as I worked part time at the HVA dealer in town. My 2000 WR 250 was a machine, all it needed off the floor was jetting & sag adjustment....I even motarded it & with an Eric Gorr update it would roll on the tarmac. 2T power

Why are there so many KTM's out there in the woods? I think we all know why. There was a large void left by the big 4 & the small european companies after the late 70's early 80's economic crunch. KTM stepped in & made it's own market. Cagiva & Husky didn't seem to care much for the North American market. In 1998 how many manufacturers made a woods ready, competition bike that was readily available to the public?

I am going to buy a new bike in 2011, HVA will be 1st on my radar, I sure hope to find that 2011-2012 WR 250 in the updated frame by then.
  4. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

People say that KTMs are 'ready to race'. If that was true, why does everyone spend a couple thousand on add-ons & tweaks to get them ready?
    Sorry, but I have yet to see a KTM that didn't require as much work as every other brand out there. Every single carbed 4t KTM in the last 4-5 years had to be rejetted to even run properly out of the box. Don't even get me started about the littany of other KTM issues. 90+% of all bikes need suspension tweaks to suit the rider, regardless of the brand.
    People are also forgetting that the dealer & even the buyers themselves, often have a lot to do with how a bike initially works for the buyer. A dealer that does the minimum basic assembly will leave more potential issues for the buyer than a dealer that puts a bit of extra effort into setup & prep when the bike is hatched from the crate, regardless of the brand. Many guys are too cheap to pay for a proper setup and don't have the knowledge & skills to do it themselves & are always looking to save that extra $100, so they get stuck with some niggling issues on a new bike.

Back to the new husky price issue- I expect they'll be priced a bit below the equivalent KTMs
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Prices got delivered today. I was a dollar off on my guess. The TE511 retails for $8999. The 2010 TE510 listed for $8599 so $400, about right.
  6. 420skirider Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes this is becoming a very cost prohibitive activity but I don't really see pricing from one brand or the other being an issue. All the MX bikes regardless of manufacturer are all priced within a couple bucks of each other. Where the dicrepency lies is the offroad/woods models. Yeah the Euro bikes run a grand or more than the Japanese models but there is no comparison as far as what you get in the deal.

Actually I think what you get for your money is a a pretty good deal for a competition dirt bike. If you really want to feel ripped off, go look at high end road bicycles. You can drop $5-$6000 easily on a bike that has all of it's components manufactured in Taiwan for 1/10th of the cost that they are charging you.
  7. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    HERES THE 2011 MSRP FROM HUSQVARNA TODAY EACH DEALER MAY CHARGE FREIGHT AND SET UP ETC THIS IS MSRP
    2011 TXCi 250 $7399
    TXC449 $7999
    TXC511 $8299
    WR150 $6499
    WR 250 $6799
    WR300 $6999
    TEi250 $7599
    TE310 $8199
    TE449 $8699
    TE511 $8999
    CR150 $5999
    TCi250 $6999
    TC449 $7999
    SM449 $8199
    SM511 $8799
    SMS630 $8999
    TE630 $8999
    Thats it not bad some bikes stayed the same some only up $100 still less expensive than many Japanese and KTM..Great job Husqvarna .billf
  8. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow...I was expecting higher.
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Bill (or anyone),

Any information what the 'i' means on the 250 4st bikes?
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    The "i" bike is the lower seat height model 250. All the pre-production prototypes were stolen, so release was delayed. Joke is, thhat the "i" stands for... itty bitty!:busted:
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for posting up the info BILLF. I think "i" stands for injected as in Fuel Injected. A guy that works for me just got a new Kaw 450 and it even has the "i" after the KX450Fi.
  12. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Yes Im sure thats it,they are making a point to let people know all 250 models are injected includeing the TC250.billf
  13. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Interesting they chose not to designate the other injected models with an "i". :excuseme:
  14. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Good question they must assume people know is my guess.
  15. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know the TC250 is using a batteryless system. Maybe all the 250s are using the same system and that is the reason for the "i"?
  16. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Man Scotty I think you figured it out!
  17. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Actually I think it is a screw up on the TEi 250. The i is not supposed to be there.