Riders Online rides

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Runner, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    Recently I've been riding with a group of SoCal guys called Riders Online and have been enjoying the events. The rides are free and well managed. No political agenda which is great. Best of all they don't give me grief for being slow. The only problem is the preponderance of orange bikes! I'd like to meet some SoCal Husky riders on these events.

On Jan. 15 we're riding Baldy Mesa, which makes for a good day trip. I like riding there as there is a fire road that parallels the trail and allows a convenient escape route that permits the group to quickly reform. Baldy Mesa is not the prettiest place to ride, but is plenty large and has plenty of trails and some huge hill climbs that are challenging.

[IMG]
  2. moreccsthanlbs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 CR500
    can't wait vic...it'll be fun. i might bring the kx500 this time though
  3. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    Great news, please register on the Rider's Online if you have not done so already. I think they have a visitor's log-in, if not, contact Bolt, the admin.

The KX500 would be a pleasant change.:thumbsup:

Feel free to join the thread on the the Rider's Online forum, Riding Trips, Trips Already on the Schedule. I don't remember if you need to be a member to add to the forum.
  4. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Would love to hook up with you as a fellow Husky to drowned the sea of orange. But alas that is the man camp weekend in OW. A must go to event for MLK weekend.
  5. moreccsthanlbs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 CR500
    vic....it's Double...hahahahahahahaha(i've been around Riders for a lil' bit)
  6. attyharv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi,
    I've ridden with riders online for quite a few years now. Great group, always enjoyable rides with courtesy for all. I am in Santa Monica, currently orange but looking forward to a new 310te next year. Anytime you want to ride Hungry Valley, let me know. Dont mind taking it easy and know all the trails in the park.
    Harvey
  7. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    Hey, Double, you faked me out. Glad to read on Riders Online that you be at Baldy Mesa. I know you have been around Riders more than a bit, you're a founding member!

attyharv, a Hungry Valley ride is something I've been wanting to do. Slow and easy suites me best. How about Feb. 5, 12, or 26?
  8. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey runner I just took the new to me husky up to baldy mesa today. The husky was great but baldy mesa is a little limited, but still lots of fun. Im Thinking of going back up there the 15th, also thinking of joining that web site. If I go the 15th Ill use my husky.

Baldy mesa today was cool, had snow come down in the afternoon, other than a few mud ponds in the middle of the trails, the dirt was perfect.
    Mike
  9. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    Hey, there must be some other SoCal Husky riders that are looking to balance our numbers against the Orange Crush!
  10. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    The Baldy Mesa Jan 15. Riders Online links now work.

Don't forget to buy an Adventure Pass at the Standard Station off Hwy-138 for $5.00, scratch-off the correct date, and hang it from the mirror!

Let me know if anyone wants meet at the McDonald's off Hwy-138 at 8:00 AM to be directed to the trail head.
  11. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

I just got an email about the trip, Runner, and will be up there the 15th.
    Ill meet you at big mac shack at 8am. Blue truck/white husky on a hitch hauler. Cant miss me, the old guy that looks like he's going into rehab....

[IMG]

see you there
    Mike
  12. TonyWilliams Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC-511, TE-510
    I'm pre-planning to go. I'll be on a TE-510, and at McD's at 8am. I'll have a tiny white trailer behind the mini-van.

[IMG]
  13. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    aya16, your set-up looks a lot like mine!

TonyWilliams and aya16: We'll see you at McDonald's. :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

14. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Love that carrier, see I can put a trailer hitch ball in it too.

here you see the ratchet tie down on one side to stabilize the
    carrier, I put one on each side and it makes the carrier rock solid, no flopping around
    [IMG]

See you and Tony at mac shop at 8 Im bringing my wife to
    baby me and bandage me if I get hurt, experiance tells me if I get hurt with a bunch of guys, they just want you to suck it up......Ohh the guys just wrap some duct tape around the wounds and call it good to go:eek:
    Mike
  15. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Change of plan for me, runner-tony.
    wife wants to go, but doesn't get home from work on fri till 11.pm
    sooooo we are going to leave here when she gets home. Ill stay the night under the bridge at the staging area, cant miss me Ill be staying in my other truck

will be in this
    [IMG]

see ya there
    Mike
  16. huskyguy32 Husqvarna
    C Class

I am going to badly mesa saturday. so there will be 2 more husky ther. I have never been there. what kind of riding is there. does everyone just go up for the day or do you guys camp
  17. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey huskyguy, Im not a member of the club yet, but have talked to a few guys that are.

I have been to baldy mesa before, Baldy mesa is more or less a fire road trail system, The guys on this trip are just going for the day on sat. Im going and will camp the night before so my wife can relax and get some sleep because she wont be getting off work till 11pm Friday.
    so Ill show up about 2am.

Some of the guys are meeting at MacDonald's, near by at 8am sat.
    If you are coming from L.A. area take the silverwood exit, turn right
    Then across the street you will see a dirt road that goes along the freeway, turn there (left) follow that road two miles to the staging area

Right past the train bridge, you go under it, theres the staging area. You will see my camper pop top in the pix from my last post.

Ohh one thing, the forest people check every single bike for green/red sticker and put a probe in you tail pipe for a spark arrestor, no arrestor you dont get to ride.

See you there Mike
  18. huskyguy32 Husqvarna
    C Class

Cool thanks for the info
  19. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    Make sure you have an Adventure Pass or risk getting busted. You can buy one for $5 from the Chevron next to McD's.
  20. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Ohh yeah I forgot about the pass, I have the yearly and second veh, plus I forgot them last time I was at baldy mesa, and bought a daily pass, that I never scratched the date off, so I assume its still good.:excuseme:
    so who wants the daily pass, if its still good? bidding starts at 25 cents:lol:

Mike