riding in australia

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by husky bom, Aug 8, 2010.

1. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

hi all i live on the south coast south of sydney do you husky riders ever get together for rides :thumbsup:
  2. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Why you organising a ride?
  3. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

:ride::ride:just wanted to see if anyone was organising a ride or get together just looking for some other riding places with other people
  4. dave4309 Husqvarna

yeah that would be good be nice to ride with someone who dosent ride a ktm unfortunatly i live in brissie
  5. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Lately most of the rides I have been on, Huskies have outnumbered the Katos 2 to 1
  6. dave4309 Husqvarna

think i might have to move to sydney husky country
  7. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

Ha croc were do you ride
  8. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Balangalo Forest, Lochmarie, Zig Zag, Menai & off to Watagans tomorrow
  9. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

i have riden balangalo heaps good s/t i ride a fair bit from milton, east lynne, termeil, batemans bay/mogo as all this is only 30min from my house:D
  10. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Don't forget Bulladelah, Cedar Creek, Barrington Tops, Sunny Corner and Sugarloaf. All good stuff. Love the Watties and Clarence/zig zag
  11. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX200,KX125,CR250,50cc quad,
    yeah i from syd too and ride at zig zag. the husky's are out there :D
  12. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

were is zig zag what sort of riding is there
  13. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Zig Zag is a reference to the rail way line that drops down the escarpment towards Lithgow. Its actually "Clarence". It is about an hour and a half from Sydney on the "Bells Line of Road" and really just above Lithgow. Its a mix bag of fire and single trail. The topography is rolling country with differening surfaces including clay, gravel, rocks, sand and hard pack. It is a pretty big area. Lots of parking and camping. On the fire trails you will come across 4wd's. Tyhere are areas of gum and pine. it is a pretty good spot. I have been abouit 8 times and really do not know my way around with confidence. The area is circa 40,000 hectares about 100,000+ acrea.
    Initially I would park at the railway car park and mooch around off the track/road that goes towards the bush over the line. Just pop in on the fire trails and loop onto a ST and keep on it for a wee while. You will pop out back onto a fire trail.
  14. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    So are we going to organise a all Husky ride then?
  15. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

all husky ride would be good yea yea:applause: but i will ride with anyone i like riding the fast flowing single track or single track im not mutch for the open fire trail i know you have to ride the fire trail to get to the single stuff. so who is going to take the step to organise a ride i can ride every weekend lets go:ride:
  16. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am just getting a run out 310 next week sold my beloved 06 TE 450. I am always up for a Sat/Sun ride.
  17. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Where from? Did you speak to Trooper Lu's. He has a demo 310 there & its never been ridden, but will be sold as a Demo price. If you havn't spoken to Justin, I would. He left everyone for dead on my New 300.
  18. mal5.1 Husqvarna
    C Class

Hi guys. I live near Lithgow and ride 'Zig Zag' (Clarence) a little bit. To many unregoed idiots there of a weekend though. I mainly ride west of Lithgow, Sunny Corner, Rydal and Lidsdale.

Happy to lead a ride around these areas one day.
  19. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yep dealing with Justine and Simone.
    Agree that there are a few illegals on bikes but the cops are there now so its not too bad. Sunny corner is good but it adds another 30-40 minutes to the trip from Sydney.
  20. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

so are we going to ride together were and when iam ready ps..ghte you need to give that 310 a good run lets go:):cheers: