1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Safari is going to do it!! 4 - 4.5 gallons

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by bajahusky, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Mr Sleazy Husqvarna
    A Class

Excited about this! I didn't get the IMS tank for my bike because I knew this one was coming.

Really hope they fit with my 7602 rad braces.

I like that the fuel pump elbow will now be easily accessible for tank removal, currently its tough to squeeze the fuel line release under the tank because the line is not really long enough to allow much space, and you can't pull hard on it because of the plastic elbow.
  2. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    They sure are nice tanks but they put the fuel pump in danger imo. The red plastic elbow is a disaster waiting to happen. I would send my fuel pump off to have Up-Tite install his nice brass elbow if/when I get one of these tanks.
  4. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bump!

Any tanks in yet?
  5. Mr Sleazy Husqvarna
    A Class

I just got this email back:

Our latest update is October 25th

Ben Rosenthal

North Coast Motorsports
    Justgastanks.com

Slow slow slow but should be worth waiting for.

I could have used this last weekend very much.....
  6. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cool!

Thanks for the update.
  7. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Should be getting mine this week. Also look forward to see some sticker kit to fit this tank, talk to ringmaster in Melbourne they said to me that i need to order 4-5 sets before they will make a set :censored::banghead:
  8. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

9. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi brock have the guys got a web site?
  10. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Put my new tank on today, having trouble with the bracket is their any tricks to putting this on im havving alot of trouble with it
  11. crillyiv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any more feedback from those who've gotten one of the new tanks? [IMG]
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  13. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    There is a TE510 with the new Safari FI tank here in Eugene. Looks pretty good, although the install did require a bit of fiddling with the hoses to get it sanitary according to the owner.

I see it with my own eyes, so it must be real.
  14. GalacticGS Husqvarna
    AA Class

I installed the Safari tank on my TE310. Here's a pic from my shakedown ride with it after installation.

[IMG]

Just a couple of days later, I rode the LA-to-Barstow-to-Vegas Dual Sport ride with it. Here's pics from that ride...

[IMG]

[IMG]

The install was a little tricky, but it's solid as a rock once it's on. You need to be careful on routing the FI line and the electrical connection.

I have Rad Guards on, and the mounting bracket and the crossbar (that connects to the underside of both sides at the front of the tank) was tricky also. At least for me, it was not intuitive on the mounting; however I got it mounted without having to modify the rad guards. I had to install the bracket that mounts to the downtube very loosely, then slide it up as high as I could possibly push it on the downtube and mount the crossbar, then tighten the bracket. If I could have pushed the bracket up another 1/4", it probably would have been perfect. As it was, I just snugged up the crossbar and let it take up a little bit of the flex. Sorry I didn't take pics of the install, but there's another thread with pics and you can get the general idea from there.

A suggestion to Safari would be to allow the bracket to be mounted slightly lower on the downtube, and reconfigure the crossbar just a little to accomodate all the bikes with Rad Guards.

I had no problem with the seat fitting, once the tank was snugged down tight.

It's expensive, but I'm very happy with it!
  15. Mr Sleazy Husqvarna
    A Class

16. crillyiv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the replies. [IMG]

Now I just have to figure out a way to convince the kids they want one for Christmas.
  17. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

[IMG]

Looks Great!

Two questions:

1- I take it that is the White color, not the transparent white?

2- What is the piece of plastic on top of the front fender?

Thanks
  18. GalacticGS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Dan,

Yes, it's the white (not transparent) color.

I just recently purchased the bike from a guy back east. I think he may have ran a hare scrambles or maybe an enduro, and I think the little white plastic piece was for a card to be mounted in order to be marked at the checkpoints.
  19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Is it possible to get any indication at all what the fuel level is with a white tank?

Maybe on a really sunny day?
  20. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just placed my order for a white tank today. Cant Wait!