1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Scalvini - 2004 CR125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dukepilot, May 7, 2013.

1. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I guess the subframe isn't in the way at all, (duh!). Just thinking out loud on that one.
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I had to play around with the positioning of my fatty to get it to fit You may need to keep trying - rotating
    The fatty does work good though but not as sexy
  3. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Oh God, I wonder how the scalvini fits up to the 11 model, if its a problem I would rather the buy the fmf. I need to remind myself that I gave up being sexy long ago.
  4. endurokids Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250WRX, CR167, 83 430WR, TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    75 Guzzi 850T

Oh, Oh, I had already sent one back weeks ago that did not fit, and I'm on my second one now.
    I wont have time to mount this one up until after next weekend.
    I'll report asap.
  5. endurokids Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    75 Guzzi 850T
    Ok, I had time yesterday to mount the Scalvini and..... It did not fit again!
    I'm sending it back for a refund and I put an FMF Fatty on.
    sabortooth likes this.
  6. Minidad Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 tc250

Sorry to say I have done the same thing, three pipes and none would fit. Not sure whats going on at Scalvini.
    sabortooth likes this.
  7. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I have read in other threads about the Scalvini that they are a BITCH to mount, but they do fit. I thought it was something about how you had to be a magician to twist, and fit it through the frame. I could be totally wrong, though.

I have a Fatty on mine. Happy with the performance, but it did not fit out of the box either. The outlet pipe diameter was too big (had to mod the silencer-not a big deal), and the kick starter hits on the pipe. There is no way for me to adjust it so it doesn't. I tweak it out of the way, and it always comes back.

FMF insisted that I was wrong, and there was something wrong with my bike.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    the kick starter hits the pipe on almost every FMF pipe I have seen on these bikes. You can rotate it back one notch so it will clear but then you have less stroke / harder starting.

Interestingly my KTM200 Doma pipe fits pretty EZ and does not interfere with the kicker. I did have to mod it (head pipe and rear hanger) as it was for a KTM but not the shape, that was pretty much perfect. Weird.

[IMG]
  9. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    I ended up making some front and rear mounts for the pipe because I could not get the pipe to fit with the stock mounts. You would think that an expensive "hand made" pipe would fit better. But the again, it is made in Italy and it is dead sexy so I should not be surprised that some effort is required.
    K.Forte' and sabortooth like this.
  10. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Share pics of your mounts please.
  11. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    I replaced the stock rubber mounts since the holes no longer matched up with the pipe. I used some natural rubber vibration dampers from McMaster Carr, with 6mm threads on both sides. They measure 1" in diameter by .5" tall. Also made a simple bracket from some scrap steel I had lying around. This is what they look like. The phillips screws are temporary.

The rear mount. Doesn't look like it from this angle but there is ample clearance for the kick starter lever in it's stock location.

[IMG]

Front mount, sorry for the crappy pic. The front pipe mount is making slight contact with the radiator/water pump hose.

[IMG]
    sabortooth likes this.
  12. endurokids Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    75 Guzzi 850T
    The problem with mine was the rear of the pipe/stinger, it was too far to the outside of the frame. (would not clear the shock reservoir either)
    I matched it to the stock pipe and an FMF, (which went right on by the way.)
    There was no way to get it in there other than cut the pipe, bend it in towards the bike, then add metal and weld back up.
    I will not do that to any pipe that I spent good money on.
    sabortooth likes this.
  13. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TC 250 '13 CR 150 '11 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    Yeah, I dropped off my TE 310 yesterday and got to test ride my CR150----I've got the PC combo with SA for it because of the special price and as soon as the word "Scalvini" exited my mouth, Steve gave that "look of great disdain". Pity they can't get their act together but we probable never would have found a half-way decent pipe gaurd for the Scalvini anyway.
  14. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    I can lay up and vacuum carbon pretty good. I just need a scalvini for a mold. I would go with a larger weave to make it pop. A heavy weave kevlar would really look trick though it would be more ktm orange.
  15. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    Had my suspension reworked by Smart Performance in Los Gatos. The front forks were completely reengineered with modified piston and completely revised valving. Retained the stock .42 springs. SKF seals were installed and lots of work went into significantly reducing binding/stiction. The rear shock was also revalved and resprung with a 5.4 spring. The shock reservoir was machined to accept an Xtrig preload adjuster.

Going to ride it next week!:)

View attachment 27709 View attachment 27709 View attachment 27709 SAM_0136.JPG SAM_0132.JPG SAM_0140.JPG
    rockdancer, wallybean and K.Forte' like this.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I put gold valves and progressive springs in my 04 125/165 and it completely transformed them.
  17. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    Those forks need help. Upon disassembly, it was obvious that not much care goes into QC at the Marz factory! Lots of swarf in the forks and lots of binding. I've got the build sheet fir the forks that I'll post later.
  18. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Please do. I have similar forks on my 610 (I think? 45mm Shivers?) that I don't hate but could use a little bit of help. Would be curious what Dave did to them...
  19. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    Here is the build sheet. The shaded cells indicate new shims/parts. As you can see, lots of stuff was changed out. Build sheet cr125.jpg
  20. K.Forte' Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 125R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Honda CRF 302X
    No excuse there,,,when you pay good money it better fit...