Searched For Water In The Desert, Found Some Drama Instead

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by WoodsChick, Jun 6, 2010.

1. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Previsouly owned: SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
    Great trip report! Sorry to hear about your husband. Hope that doesn't take too long to heal.

In case you need more encouragement on the Jeep, I love mine. I've had a '93 YJ, '99 TJ, and currently have a '07 JK 4-dr. I can't imagine ever driving anything but a Jeep.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good stuff. Sometime injuries are part of the adventure and make for great future stories. :thumbsup:
  3. jfoulkrod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow, Great story as usual; with a twist of drama. Sorry to hear about Eric, but hope he is on the mend. Said this before, but you need to write a book with all your adventures. The entertainment factor is unsurpassed. Pictures are great. If my buddies and I ever get that far west, I'll be sure to contact you for the best riding places. Maybe you and Eric could be our guides. Outstanding post.
  4. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Well, we try to have a good time no matter what's going on. After all, that's the whole point :) We spent 5 hours roasting in the depths of hell that is Kaiser Hospital the day after we got back. They basically said the same thing: broken scapula, 6 weeks off work, keep it immobilized and we'll see you in 3 weeks.

Thanks, Scot! I love Nevada. It's just so vast and beautiful and desolate. We really enjoy our time out there a lot and can't wait to go back again :thumbsup:

Thanks! I would have preferred a little more riding and a little less adventure, but it's all good. We had a great time:)

Thanks, Daniel508s. Eric is doing great, thanks for asking. It doesn't hurt like your average broken bone. It only hurts when he moves a certain way, so he's lucky. Why couldn't any of my numerous broken bones have been like that?? :busted:
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

Oh, you are bad, bad, bad!! :naughty: Don't encourage me! I haven't had a car payment in over 15 years and I'm not looking forward to having another one...but dang, that's a sweet looking rig you've got there:) I need to go for the 2-door model as we'll go without a back seat so we can do carpool. It is absolutely essential around here, what with all the traffic and ridiculously expensive bridge tolls.

You nailed it, Kelly:applause: No matter how grim things get on the trail we always know we'll laugh about it later:lol: After all, adventure is but discomfort recounted at leisure:thumbsup:

Thanks, jfoulkrod :) We don't really know what we're doing out there, we're just plonking around and exploring and seeing what's out there. That's the big appeal for me when it comes to this kind of riding. Yeah it isn't some gnarly singletrack somewhere but it brings its own great reward, and I love finding new stuff. You just never know what you'll see out there!

I'm semi-pleased with my photos this time. I think I'm finally figuring out my camera, and I finally figured out how to keep Photobucket from miniaturizing my photos upon download so I think that helps. Nevada herself was the biggest help of all by giving me great scenery and wonderful skies as a backdrop.

WoodsChick
  6. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Now that was some adventure.:thumbsup: Great pics.
    Hope Eric is feel'n better.

:cheers:
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Riding with you is like a box of chocolates....

The most important question: What is Eric doing to keep himself from going stir crazy? :confused:
  8. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

:lol: Hey! At least it wasn't me this time!

Eric read one book already and is halfway through his second one. He wakes up at about 7am now, the lazy :censored: :D

He actually washed the van one-handed today! The neighbors probably thought he was crazy. I'm hoping this industriousness continues and that I won't have to change my own rear tire soon :D He's excited to install my 144 kit so he'll be back in the garage in no time, I'm sure:)

WoodsChick
  9. Allan Husqvarna
    A Class

Very cool story, I love riding in that part of the world.
  10. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Previsouly owned: SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
    I pulled the rear seats out of mine shortly after buying it, and extended the rear floor to the back of the front seats. I actually do like the 2-dr's better than the 4-dr's. The 2-dr's are more fun to drive and have better ground clearance when off-roading. But there are a couple of things that made me choose the 4-dr.--being able to sleep in the back of it, being able to haul mountain bikes in the back, and being able to tow.
  11. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok WC. I'm just gonna say it THAT WAS A "BALLS OUT BONANZA"

I think this is the winner of all ride reports......

My wife just got a new Wrangler Sport 2dr. and loves it to death....

Tell Eric to remember the BMX racers motto.....

"Bones heal, Chicks dig scars, Pain is temporary, Glory is Forever"

Awesome trip.... hope he gets better soon......
  12. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great ride report and get well soon.
  13. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    Wow is all I can say.I hope to some day be able to make a trip like that,you are so lucky to be able to have an area like that to go. Thank you for sharing that and hope you mend quickley.
  14. CKPC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Get well soon!

On the mend myself after taking a great dive myself.

Made the mistake of following too close and didn't notice the next whoop was much deeper and much larger. I have 8-12 weeks to think about my mistake and maybe it'll all be fine after that. (fingers crossed)
  15. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks! Me, too :thumbsup:

Arrgh! You really are the devil woman! :lol: I spent a few hours looking all over that site! Now you have to give me a place to live when Eric boots me out the door :p Thanks for the advice. I know what you mean about not being able to work on todays "drive by wire" cars. I'll take it to heart :thumbsup:

Cool teardrop, too! :applause:

Waaah...:cry: Everyone has a new Jeep except me :(

Nice quote, but Eric didn't even get so much as a bruise or a scratch!
    We couldn't even find a grassy spot or a dirt smudge anywhere on his jacket. That was weird :excuseme: And thanls for the well wishes; he's already feeling better :)

Thanks, Columbia; we're trying:)

Whoa! 8-12 weeks?? What happened?

WoodsChick
  16. CKPC Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was up near Stampede Res. near Truckee and riding with a group of about 8. We were on a nice fast trail and I was a bit to close to the guy in front so I didn't see the big whoop in the line of about 10 whoops. So I hit it at a good clip and thinking I was gonna endo I gun'd it which sent me flying. The last thing I remember was trying to grab the bars which were a couple inches further then I could reach. Even if I got the bars I was doomed anyway. I landed on my back on the rocks and the bike landed in a nice soft bunch of bushes.

Bike was fine, me a concussion and compression fractures to two vertebra in the middle back.

I thought it was just a broken rib and tried to fight the pain. Stayed in my trailer all night and went to the hospital the next day after driving back to the EastBay. I'm pretty bummed but it could be a lot worse. Thank God for the full body armor!!
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :cripple:

Let me know if you need anything.

If you are bored I could set you up coding some software :)
  18. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ouch!! :eek: Sounds like you got off easy, though, considering how brutal those types of get-offs can be. Heal up quick and take good care of yourself! :)

WoodsChick
  19. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Refer to the "BMX Racers Motto"..... and all of you need to be nicer to your bikes ! jeeezy peezy.......
  20. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    No, you've got it all wrong, mister. The bikes need to be nicer to us!

WoodsChick