1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Shifting woe or...

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by I8AKTM, Sep 13, 2009.

1. I8AKTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

lazy foot?

This happened on the 510 occasionally, the TXC too...but today happened more than usual and bit me in the a$$ twice at very inopportune moments.

Shifting up or down between first or second it will instead choose neutral. When I want neutral, it usually takes a couple of tries. Yet when at race pace and I needed to hammer down a gear to loft the front over a nice quality log, and instead got a high rev and almost thrown over the bars when I ran smack into the thing...:censored:....probably pretty darn funny to see, but wrecks a guy's mojo like pronto.

I could see if it's only up or only down maybe a shift lever positioning change would be in order. The rest of the gears shift fine up and down. Of course I realize they don't have neutrals between each of them either....

Any ideas?
  2. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Whenever I get funky shifting, it's an indicator for an oil change. New oil & I get smooth precise shifts again.

Yours might be that simple, hope so :thumbsup:
  3. moto_fish Husqvarna
    A Class

I change my oil every 2-3 rides and I still get some crappy shifts....
  4. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    nothing to do with oil... i done 2 changes in 4 rides(cleaned out strainers etc).. and last ride i was going a bit quicker than usual and got a few false neutrals and sticky changes WHEN I WANTED THEM LEAST ! .. odd really but defo not oil related..