1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc sm 125 electric powervalve question

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jimf, Apr 24, 2013.

1. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    80s not bad ill be happy if she does 60 I suppose the guy wanted more top end am the same as u bought for a song no t & t wat u running on 18" rear and 21" front wheel I think my old kmx had 14 front and 48 back as standard she had 18" rear and 21" front I think that's the norm for supermotos 13,42 I might be wrong though to compensate for the 17" rims??
  2. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    i'mrunning 18 rear and 21 front yes, with my sprockets 13 50 i can get 100kmh happily screaming the nuts off it in top i can just get 135kmh on the flat which is 85 ish mph, but the acceleration is awesome and i'm happy to sacrifice the top end for it too. that might well be very true in regards to the 17" rear unfortunately i don't know for sure sorry
  3. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    lookin at 4t engines I miss my 04 ktm 450 that was rapid loved the wheelies on that!! going to measure up tomorrow and think about throwin in a 450 engine in it would u be interested in my engine and all the little bitties I bought for her vforce reed 3 etc etc just needs wiring loom and reg rec new nikasil, pistons new
  4. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    would be a shame too lose the 2t engine, thanks for the offer but I already have a spare top end
  5. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    when I asked the guy about the engine work on mine he said he'd rung husky dealership, and they told him to change the slide in the carb [still standard not tmx] main jet was upped to 130, had to do cos the dep system would make it lean otherwise, I've opened it up now and OMG it's so much faster! I took it out for an hour when there were no cars about, hit 75/80 flat out in 6th, but the way it gets there is amazing, I tried to time it I reckon from 3 or 4 mph in first, slipping the clutch until power valve opens then getting up to 60 mph, less than 6 secs, maybe 5. No idea what gear ratios I've got but I think theyre two teeth bigger than they were as standard cos I asked for that to be done last year. And now my swingarm is COATED in black spoogey oil, hopefully from the pipe cos it's all over the brake caliper. I asked him about bhp and he said he couldn't be sure but he'd guess near 30 at the crank as he rides a 08 cr 125 himself that got dynoed at 35 hp at the back wheel
  6. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    hhhmmm interestin! so your rockin a standard dolerto carb, and still getting 80mph,
  7. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    I also have the standard 28mm dellorto carb ;)
  8. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    I think the standard carbs are fine for road riding but I've got upped gearing so that's my excuse for high speed
  9. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    hi sorry for not replying been busy building fences and crap!! for the old dear,,that dellerto sounds not to bad really and suppose its a 125cc so cant complain I have rebuilt her and kept the 2 stroke engine so she will be getting mot;ed just shortly,pause cough,,hopefully,
  10. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Good to hear you kept the 2T in it Jim. Good luck with the mot fella
  11. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    yeah I thought about it and thought,and a guy came to see my next door neighbour on a mint 67 lambretta,,,,the guy said he took 2 years building the bike but he took his time,when he fired it up, god she sounded so crisp! the ring a ding ding sound ive missed that!!(yeah I thought it was a sign)!! so I got a fresh top end,plus new top end gaskets,she fired up on the 3rd kick ive finished the hot and cold process, ive stripped her down 2day to get a new tab welded on the rad,waiting on parts,but however im really pissed about the hammerite job that I have done so I will get mot;ed then strip her down to get powder coated,i fancy a funky color though,not black,,,,,,,,,,,,,,before I forget I found the sprocket size for sms from the owners manwell is 14-49 but im still gonna rock 14-38 would prefer more top end with less throttle,plus she has the 38mm tmx so loadsa pullin power,still getting daytime mot,i don't know how it is down ur neck of the woods but there is some neds hanging round my area my neighbour had his 08 200cc ktm stolen they did find though next day in the playing fields,the front end was twisted to death all levers were broken(heres hoping they crashed while they were on it) its the only time u see the neds wen they are on skool holidays,,they need to bring back drafted to the army for 3-5 yrs,
    cooper likes this.
  12. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Nice!!! mine fires 1st or 2nd kick from cold with choke on. Have you looked into the chinese rads? theres a post about it in common topics forum, some very good results from them. Hmmm....What colour are your plastics? a nice contrasting colour would make her stand out. Nice to see you found the sprocket sizes....Thats a very small rear sprocket( my mate had a 38 on the rear of his aprillia rs125 that used to do 115mph) sod that on an enduro bike lol .
    Nice i want to go for either a 36 or 38mm carb preferably a kehlin pwk, dose your tmx make a big difference to the standard 28mm carb?
    Thats never nice to hear! There have been a few stolen round the south of england but down my way yet( fingers crossed it stays like that), good to hear he got his bike back, shame its buggered tho as you said i hope they got badly hurt in the process. Too right the youth of today( not all) have no respect for anything or anyone
  13. jimf Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky 125 sm
    I could;nt tell you the difference about carbs as I got the tmx with the bike,as for Chinese stuff(please no disrespect from me,) but stay away from cough Chinese stuff,some are good some are crap,ive just read ebay comments from one seller,it takes months for it to arrive also custom tax!! and there workmanship is poor ie bent radiators,radiators not mounting in the right holes,look nice,it ill only cost me a tenner for the new tab, ill be happy if she sits at 80 comfortably
  14. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Ok no worries on the carb front. fair play if its only a tenner to sort and yes very true with chinese stuff it can be hit or miss. i've had 80 out of mine on knobblies and it wasn't too bad, so with your change in gearing 80 should be achievable without screaming the nuts off it ;)