Small Race Report and a few pics

Discussion in 'Racing' started by mxer74, May 12, 2009.

1. mxer74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey everyone,
    Here are a few small pics I took of the bikes/canopy/van at this past weekends races. My buddy, Andy Jones who is now a Husqvarna TC 450 rider (rides Open A with me as well along with 14-24 A), is who I am traveling to the races with this year and who also owns the AWESOME van. This past weekend was our 2nd Motocross race of the season (raced last weekend but it was more of an Arenacross/Supercross race) so I'm still not expecting much after not racing a single race last year. In the +25 A class, there were 7 riders. First moto (this track has a concrete starting pad which SUCKS and the only reason it sucks is because I suck at starting on them), I got a 4th place start, passed for the lead on lap 3 of 5 and ended up winning by about 10 seconds. Second moto, I got the HOLESHOT, led the entire moto and won by over 30 seconds which felt pretty good. The Open A is when my starts got the best of me. In the Open A class, there were 5 riders. I got a last place start in BOTH motos and went 3-4 moto results for a 3rd O/A. I had the speed of the leaders in both motos but simply didn't have the starts to match them. I know if I could have started in front of them that no way could they have passed me....but it is what is. My buddy Andy went 2-1 in 14-24 (8 riders in class) for 1st O/A and 2-3 in Open A for 2nd O/A (he got the holeshot in 3 out of his 4 motos.......he never let me hear the end of that let me tell ya). Anyway, that's about it in a short story. Another weekend of racing coming up which will hopefully produce some better results as long as my starts cooperate with me. See ya around!

Blake Young

[IMG]

[IMG]

* Below are some links to a lady taking pictures. Her site won't let me copy and paste, so if you want to see the pics just click on the links.

http://www.phyllisblume.com/store/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=114000

http://www.phyllisblume.com/store/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=114012

http://www.phyllisblume.com/store/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=114005
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Wow, those are some really small classes. Around here the gates are packed.
  3. mxer74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, but it's out of anyones control. The "C" and "B" classes always have about 20+ riders in both of them, but the "A" classes are usually around 5-10 riders. Nothing we can do about it though, as long as there are 7 or more for the Contingency is all we care about.
  4. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

great pics! does any one know where I can get one of those husky ez-ups??
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Wow, those are some nice looking bikes! And the Husky EZ-Up is way cool :thumbsup:

Congrats on the finishes!

WoodsChick
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I think Halls and Taskys both have them. Not real cheap but they are nice.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    racing at any level...super fun.....and never, never cheap! another money hole!!
  8. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have searched both sites and could find one at either shop? are they just not listed on the sites?
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    call them and ask, FBF might even have some left over as well.
  10. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

update: I have called around and no one has any in stock,Im told that husky has none in the states right now and they dont know when they are gettting them either:excuseme: anyone got one they want to part with? I can have one silkscreened with the logos,but the quality of the ez-up canopy wont be as nice,and end up costing just as much,heres the only place I have been able to find them: In germany and judging by the exchange rate it would cost 650.00 without shipping:eek:

http://www.zupin-shop.com/artikeldetails.asp?currblock=&suchtyp=Kat&suchbegr=&suchkatalog=6040100000&positionsart=A&artikel.nummer=tu5080&artikel.hersteller=7096100000&artikel.katalog=6040100000
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I was told the company that made the ez ups for the husky dealer meeting last year was located in san deigo i did call them and the price was $1100.00 They are nice real nice if you want i will find the
    phone number
  12. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

thats ok,for that price I will pass