Snapshots from Friday 08/30/13

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Sep 1, 2013.

1. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Is that Christi from "Duffyland" in that pic? An old school mate.
    bigjon likes this.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yup.
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  3. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Small world, ain't it?

I'm sure there's a few from my old hometown you probably know.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Wowo2x on the ride and the pics ... Sounds and looks like a really cool ride ESP the rain coming in like that ....

--

About the crash:

The head banging does not sound good to me ... You might need a different helmet after hitting on it so hard ... If that foam liner is dented, you might wanna consider replacing it ...

Sounds like you are healing well ... I'm glad to hear that ... I'd suggest to ease back into the saddle in the future ... Maybe ride some easier stuff first off also and make it an easy, fun type ride ...Your post #14 is unacceptable in a 1st world country ... I have friends who have had to lay up and deal with lots of pain for your exact reasons ...

One question: Do you think you might have had the engine torquing and pulling ~hard up and over that rut that where you crashed? Sometimes we do not realize how much power these engines are putting to the ground, ESP a big bore engine ... Then all that power just goes haywire and we feel the brunt of it in a crash ...

--
    I crashed on lap 2 of the last Desert 100 a few yrs back ... Your crash sounds alot like mine ... I was just powering over a small hill and my bike exploded underneath also for unknown reasons and I got pounded ... I knew then and there that my body cannot take that type of pounding and I'll need to adapt my riding to avoid a show-stopper injury ...
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    My riding partner said that a big rock dislodged from the soft earth and got under the bike, kicking it up. She pointed the rock out to me, and had to remove it from the line, before she rode through. I really had no time to react to it, and it hit my right foot peg hard enough to completely ruin it, sending the bike violently in the other direction. I'm not sure that anything, including shutting off the throttle or pulling in the clutch could have changed the outcome, just because there was not enough time to be able to do it. This was an easy stretch of trail, except for the washouts, so I was relaxed and confident. I am usually really good about crashing. I can step off, or plan my landing to be the least damaging, and I can usually reconstruct the anatomy of the crash....but this time was different. I was completely ambushed, and will never be sure of exactly what occurred.

I finally figured out that my ribcage damage was done not by an external blow, but rather by my shoulder impacting the dirt and being forced down into my ribcage, while the rest of my body had not stopped its forward momentum.