Snapshots from yesterday 04/30/14

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, May 1, 2014.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yesterday was the last day of red sticker season until October 1st, so I carted Mr. Threehoney out to McCain Valley for one last ride of the season. Wouldn't ya figure that it would be one of the windiest days of the year. The CHP wouldn't let me go any further east on the freeway with my "high profile" Jeep, so I had to make an escape detour on the local back roads. The day was pleasantly balmy at about 69 degrees. Too bad that the wind gusts were hitting 60-70 mph from time to time. I was thoroughly pooped after running the standard loop.

Today, I tucked Mr. Honey in the garage, tank and carb drained, new trans oil and a clean air filter. Probably do the same to Fleahoney in the next day or two. It's going to be a long summer. Sigh....

Some wind at Hemlock spring...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGGUUWjZ2qk

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Hi Dirt Dame, really blowing dogs off chains there. Question for you, why are you having to stop riding over the summer period ? Looks like a neat spot to have a ride too.
  3. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Two Stroke dirt bike riding seasons. One more reason that I left the Bay area and the rest of the Republic Of California to come to Arizona.
    Kevin_TE250 and robertaccio like this.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    CARB (California air resources board) has deemed that two strokes (and many competition four strokes) a re too polluting to ride in this area in summer months. The green sticker bikes get year round approval, while red sticker ones are shut out completely or limited, a few areas are year round, but that is rare. You still have to pay the same amount of money for a red sticker as you do for a green sticker to ride on public lands. This does not extend to private property and tracks, and bikes built before 2003 are exempt. Just another government approved way of controlling the will of the people that doesn't really affect the overall quality of the air in any significant way.
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  5. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    What next? Maybe requiring the huge cattle ranches down in the lower Central Valley around Fresno to have to place green and red stickers on all the beef and dairy cattle roaming that may at some point get to roam around on BLM land while they are polluting the air.

Some Sierra Club Birkenstock tree hugger that got voted in from Berkeley or somewhere else nearby may come up with that off road theory sooner or later, just another one of the many ways to collect some more money for the Republic of CA.

I know that may sound like Nonsense now but give it about 10 more years and see if its still nonsense.

Its unbelievable what you have to put up with Dirtdame! I'll have to check if its OK to bring my dirtbike with me to visit my Mom in Danville if I want to go for aride in the foothills with a friend of the family.

How about the fact I have Arizona plates on my G450X but no horn, or signals. I do have a spark arrester of course? Any restrictions on plated dirtbikes?
    robertaccio likes this.
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The law can and might hassle you for non DOT compliance on the horn and turn signals. Backroads and trail systems probably won't have any problems:excuseme:
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This green stuff looks a little out of place :) ...
    [IMG]
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yes, it's like a little oasis on a hillside.:thumbsup:
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Looks like every varmint for miles would be looking to campout there ... Ever shined a light around a place like that at night and counted the eyes?
  10. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    No. That seems like it would be a spooky place at night.:eek:
  11. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Nice area down there. Always seems to have a good breeze.
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yeah....that's why they put all those windmills up, just west of there. They couldn't run those on Wednesday. They were all secured and still, with the blades turned for the least wind resistance
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Helixwind Inc. had a windturbine test facility down there I would frequent. Very pretty riding, I'll have to visit when it's cool again. Thanks for sharing :)
    Dirtdame likes this.
  14. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Hey thanks for the heads up. Looks like you guys live in a Nanny state too ! I thought it might have been around bush fire season or something reasonable. Cant figure the logic on a smoker season in all honesty. Just another case of small government gone nuts I guess. Oh well just have to learn to love your 4 bangers I suppose DD. By the way I call my little Moto Guzzi DD. It stands for Double Demerits which we have on all public holidays. I means double points and fines for driving offenses. DD when ridden hisses and snorts and is still doing the limit whereas my Ducati giving those same response is jail time.
  15. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yaa OK, I was thinking of maybe a trip with an older friend of my Moms and his son like out to Carnegie, Rio Vista or for sure up into West point, Wilseyville or Shads. Fire roads Possibly up in Jackson. All places I haven't been since about the early 80s to late 1988 or so. Have you ever ridden up in Lake Pillsbury, awesome camping and One of the best places for a quads or dirt bikes. It used to have a Top ten rating for CA.
  16. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I haven't been to that area. I'm behind in visiting the riding areas that this state has to offer.
  17. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    If you have a plated out of state bike and you want to ride the state OHV areas. Just pay the $30 for the non-resident sticker. In my case that meant I could ride my VA plated WR300 year round at Carnegie, Hollister, etc.

In the NF and BLM lands I think I've seen one LEO in the past year and he was parked talking on his cell.

California has a lot of rules and regulations but no one to enforce them, pay attention and don't be a d*ck and you'll be fine.
  18. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    That may be true in some areas, but in many areas, they are enforced vigorously. After all, it's a good way to collect money.
  19. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Nice pics! What really sucks is that my 84 IT has a green sticker, and I guarantee its dumping more smoky pre-mixed goodness into the air than yours. Consideration of our Draconian laws was a big factor that led me to buy my first Husky.

Green sticker bikes can ride all year, but not allowed on many Forest Service roads. Red sticker is like a slap to the face if uya ask me. Plated dirt bike, ha! I win!

I really really want a new 2 stroke but can't handle having to forget I own it half the year.
  20. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Ironic, yes. I can ride this old smoky guy right now.
    [IMG]