1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc So you want to convert to a 165

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 99WR250, Apr 25, 2013.

1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep the 125 Fatty works very well with the 125 and 144 bikes but not on the 165. I had the 125 Fatty on all three 125/144/165 and when I put the KTM 200 Fatty on the 165 it was a huge differece; night and day.
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Doug, This is my last comment for you. It can't be libelous unless it is untrue! I don't want to bag on EG because sh*t happens and we all make mistakes(I have made my share) but he isn't as pure as you always comment about. Secondly, I was wrong about how long you were on the bike, you were on it for only three miles. Two miles of fast fireroad, and about a mile on an easy trail. GoPro's are great things. Do the math and you get the time spent.
    john01 and johnnyboy like this.
  3. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Thanks you are correct -- The only pipe I found that works resonably well from the 125 / 144 is a dep but the dep for a ktm sx 200 is the highest reving of the lot tested to date, its like riding a real good 144 but with way more everywhere
  4. JHesel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    I am a friend of Walt – Wallybean. I have often wondered who isn't? He helped me get started in this sport we love only a few short years ago. We live about 180 miles apart which is kind of like close neighbors in Montana. He takes care of my bike whenever I break it. He never asks for anything in return. For those of you who were in Bend last fall, I'm the guy who brought over Walt's bike for anyone, and everyone, to try. How generous is that? How many of you call Walt on a regular basis for help, and advise, on everything 2–stroke? How many posts has Walt made on Café Husky to answer questions posed?
    Did you know that in the late fall of 2011, Walt and I went to Northern California to ride as winter was already upon us in NW Montana. Walt went out of his way, and I tagged along, to drive to Sacramento in the late evening to Celtic Dudes home. Once there, Walt fine tuned Celtic Dude's 144 motor components so that it would run. Apparently, it wouldn't run very will stock. Walt spend a couple of hours doing his magic while Celtic Dude watched over his shoulder asking a questions the entire time. Celtic Dude offered to compensate Walt, other than the pizza he provided, but Walt refused any renumeration. Walt seems happy just to make others happy.
    I was there the next day when Celtic Dude and several of his friends, took Walt and I on a ride. I heard Celtic Dude say his bike was "running awesome" and "it is running so crisp, that the pipe is ringing" and that he was "not feeling a flatspot, or bog." All this performance was after Walt worked on his bike, using simple hand tools in Celtic Dudes garage for a couple of hours all out of the goodness of his heart.
    And now I read this thread. To say that I am disappointed in Celtic Dude is an understatement.
    So now we know who is not a friend of Walt. I really didn't think there was such a person out there. They say there is one in every group. I guess we found him.
  5. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Met Walt, 3 years ago and he's been a great friend and mentor to me (still a 2 stroke newbie...) He'd give you the shirt off his back. He's the Will Rogers of our sport/activity... Some people you can't make happy...
  6. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Well said Jon.
  7. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

Man I just read this for the 1st time and I,m a proud owner of a WB165 and Walt is a close personal friend of mine and I would remortgage my house to get to hang out with him,but we live a million miles away from each other,he,s helped me big time and then some.Sunday will be my 1st ride with Lectron and newly rebuilt shoulder,tried bike around my tune up loop and couldn,t be happier.
  8. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Walt's service and commitment is out of this world (its more then you bargain for and I was simply surprised by it)

I had an Monday morning issue with the kit and send pictures of the problem the first response was I will change this out
    when the replacement kit came (complete with all the seals and small bits) the package contains also some 2 stroke oil (the good one is hard to get here) to run it in.

From experiences, Walt is committed to get/keep you riding on his developed Kit and goes to great lengths, that he is not obligated to do so.

I wish I deal more often with this kind of attitude.

Walt again (and I think I can't say it enough times) Thanks

Celtic dude

For somebody that is bragging to be a engineer and so approach it with a technical unbiased view making these statements based on the time spend (basically No time at all) on the bike. is not the way an engineer in my field (I am also an engineer) is behaving.

the last post is in my opinion simply childish.

Robert-Jan
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I could care less what celtic dude thinks of the WB165. He like anybody else can get and ride whatever bike and get any mods they want. I don't care if he thinks his eg kit runs better than a WB165 ; again to each his own. What I didn't like was the wierd comments he made about Walt saying he would pass on Walt's comments to EG; thats just wierd. Walt didn't say anything to get this kind of stuff thrown at him. Walt, thanks for my HC144 kit, a big thanks for my WB165 kit, and all you've done to help us fellow Husky members out including the one with the wierd remarks. Love my WB165.
    Motosportz likes this.
  10. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    I live in the UK and Walt has done my 144 and 165 for me, on both occasions he has kept me informed about everything thats been going on and when he was posting it all back, He has chucked a few extras in for me with NO charge what so ever.
    If I have a question about something he responds instantly. I did send him a WRE cylinder by mistake ! Did he grumble? NO. Did he moan? NO. He just got on with the job and sorted me out.
    If there was ever a man I would like to meet in person and go for a ride with its that man WALT. I would say I think of him as a friend although as stated I have never meet the guy.
    Dont like to see any of these bad feelings and hope it all ends well over a beer or two
    john01 likes this.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Walt is a great guy. I'm sure Celtic Dude is a good guy too just some interesting words and lashing out. Hope this gets resolved and everyone is cool.