SOS

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Terramack, Jun 15, 2013.

1. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any updates? Looks like BMW Canada has pretty much washed their hands of Husqvarna.
  2. AUS_TR650 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KLX250S
    It definitely has an immobiliser as its components are shown on the wiring diagram. Can it be disabled with MOSS?
    alarm01.jpg
  3. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 Bonnie, 68 Tiger, 11 Ural........
    I could be wrong, but I think what you are highlighting there is actually the optional alarm system that could be purchased as an accessory. In the parts manual they refer to the EWS system as a "transponder" or "immobiliser."

Workshop manual references it on C9, and the parts manual on diagram 48. I don't have the owner's manual in front of me to check at the moment.

Also, from where did you get the wiring diagram? We should definitely get that added to a sticky.
    kjackbrown and chris1261 like this.
  4. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    I don't know who writes the documentation, but just using Ducati as an example, their ITalian to English translations are woeful in some circumstances, so assuming that the manual was first written in another language and then translated to English, if the Germans didn't do the translation then I would not be surprised if there was a confusion of interchangable terms for different things. 20 years ago, a friend's owner's manual for his 916 Ducati famously warned "Never start a cold engine".
  5. Terramack Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra
    I don't think they can wash their hands. They supply the Moss tool. To my knowledge there is no Husky dealer in Canada who has a machine. I called my Contact at BMW canada and he said that The US will contact me with some information. The BMW dealer in Ottawa put the Moss tool on it and sure as sunshine the tool doesnt recognize the VIN. All the BMW dealer moss tools were updated this year and Husky stuff is now gone.
    Day 3, bike still down and no sign of any progress whatsoever.

:banghead:
  6. socalrob Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GSA
    Long Beach BMW down here in SoCal Mossed my Strada a couple of weeks ago, and they even have a dedicated Husky Tech.

I once got a EWS error thrown out by my BMW bike when I had a broken cell in a battery. You might try a new battery. Might also try moving the bars back and forth, may be a broken wire in the harness.
  7. Terramack Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra
    Day 4. Got a cheat sheet from Huskydude(thanks by the way) to get the Moss tool to recognize the Tr.We could check the Ignition switch and key. it passes. The battery was replace with another. The old battery is fine. This error was just a hick up but the moss tool won't do anything else. It need to have authorization to do anything else. I can find a Husky moss tool within 400 miles. Bmw says its the switch and say I don't need the moss tool. KTM husky U.S is aware of my issue but have not even contacted me as of yet.
    I wish some one would call me. Do i sit here on my ass 300 miles from home and wait? Do i abandon the bike and just go home? Or do I get a truck and drop the bike off at my selling dealer who is more in the dark about the problem?
  8. Terramack Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra
    No apology required. Good find. I will enquire.

thanks
  9. Trapperj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200 GS RALLY..KLR 650..Zrx 1200
    My EWS was self inflicted by Chinese LEDs...the rotary dimmer sent signals that were interpreted by my bike and fooled it into thinking someone was trying to steal her....so EWS...NO start. Once I figured out the issue it's been golden. I can make it come on anytime I choose...just by leaving the LEDs on full power. I like my cheap lights...but sure did confuse the hell outa me for awhile.
  10. tweber Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr 650 terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Zippo
    I had the EWS/ keys problem. If I keep spare away from the key in the ignition all is good...weeks later I was taking my front wind sheild off to run more wire up front for lights. Was putting the metal bracket that holds front white/ black fair on....and accidentally smashed that wire that runs from the ignition to the wire lume....Bingo again EWS/error...fixed wire and good to go. The two wires are very small...check to see if the zip tie that holds wire on that metal bracket did not rub that wire against the edge of metal.....it's easy to get to.
    kjackbrown and nev.. like this.
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Just to clarify - no MOSS needed in your situation, correct?
    kjackbrown likes this.
  12. tweber Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr 650 terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Zippo
    Correct, no moss needed both times.
    Coffee likes this.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    And just to be clear - no MOSS needed in your situation, correct?
    kjackbrown likes this.
  14. Terramack Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra
    Husky U.S figures my Speedo cluster has an issue. That would explain the overheat indication and reset.Once I turned the bike off after this is when the EWS error occurred. Since we have no Moss's here they will most likely replace the ignition switch, speedo assembly and the ECU with a matched set.

Cheers
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Are you still hundreds of miles from home? Did you get the bike transported?

Do you need food or beer sent to you? :cheers:
    HuskyDude, RidingDonkeys and krussell like this.
  16. Trapperj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200 GS RALLY..KLR 650..Zrx 1200
    Hi Coffee,

Correct....No Moss needed. All I had to do to clear the EWS message was turn off the LED switch ..(rotary knob) also making sure my brights weren't selected as I have a trigger wired to the high beam to go full power. Cycle the ing. Key from on to off back to on and presto....no EWS...she would then start right up....
    Coffee likes this.
  17. Navelgazer Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr650 terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    Very good to see the boss has in line priorities, bodies need fuel, bikes that won't go do not.

On a more serious note, this CanBus BMW wiring is starting to make me nervous. Not being an electronofile and having an insignificant wire rub thru and stop the whole system in the middle of Oz is not my idea of fun, Oh and also these BMW batteries are garbage.
  18. Terramack Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra

LOL, Thanks Coffee. I got my BF to throw in his truck yesterday and he dropped it off at the original dealer. I stayed at my GF in the East end of T.O. I will use her scooter to get all the way home. Its been on interesting journey to say the least.
    Now here comes the waiting game.

Cheers
  19. Terramack Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra

This is not a Canbus system my friend. A canbus system doesnt run a convensitional wire harness and fusses. Canbus use a twsited pair wire to communicated between three computers. The wires use diferent frequencies to accomplish what a wad of wires accomplish. When something shorts instead of fuse blowing the computer disables that circuit and a warning light would then go off. When you repair the short, the light should go off and Bobs your uncle.
    My issues isn't a wiring issue. Its just a defective speedo and thats all. Its a one in 10 000 type defect and reared its head very early in my bikes life. All I can say is thank God it happened fairly close to home and not on my major North american trip scheduled for next month

Cheers
    nev.. likes this.
  20. HARDER1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400S
    I like that you have a positive attitude through all of this Terramack - even though it's a P.I.T.A. Adventure starts when your plans fail! :cheers:
    keep the updates coming.
    Terramack, HuskyDude and TE250Guy like this.