SOS

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Terramack, Jun 15, 2013.

1. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    It's a PITA, but someone has to be that one in ten thousand. I bought the Terra with the one in 10 000 ECU which failed on day 1. It could have been worse. At least I was at home in my driveway, not miles away.
  2. Terramack Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra
    2 weeks later, bike is still dead. Spoke to people at KTM and Husky N.A and no plan as of yet.
    I'm not sure what that can do without parts and moss.
    The bike is not a lemon but its starting to look like one.
    Lemonade anyone?

Cheers
  3. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Where do you live? I would throw it in the back of my truck and take it to the US if I was you.
    HuskyDude and Terramack like this.
  4. Terramack Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra
    I'm in Toronto. The bike is back in Peterborough. The closest dealer that has a moss is northern New Jersey. That's 7 hours from Toronto. I'm supposed to hear back from the head honcho at KTM shortly.

Thanks for the offer.
  5. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    Fug.....sorry to hear your still down !!!
  6. visegrip Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 husky wr 240
    Other Motorcycles:
    1979 yamaha xt 500 1974 bultaco 350
    T Mac is the bike still out of commission? I called Cameron cycle last week about getting A Terra they said really difficult but if I really want one I would have to put up the money and they would try like hell to get one. What do you think is the bike worth the headache.
  7. Terramack Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra
    Yep, Bike is still down going on week 4. Its not a bad bike it the new company, they can seem to acquire parts from what I can gather.
    Don't worry I believe they are sold out. Cameron's has a Strada on the floor.
    I believe buying this bike was worst mistake in 30 plus years of riding. Don't get me wrong, I love the bike.
    I just called the service dude in California and he said that they are making a new dash assembly to match my ECU and ignition switch.
    I'm sure i will wait another month for it to arrive and with my luck the bike still wont work.
    My entire summer vacation is now cancelled and I will most likely have to litigate to get my money back from Orange.

Cheers
  8. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    I feel your pain. I bought my bike on the 29 Dec last year and the ECU expired the same day. I didn't get it back until the first week of Feb. Had a MOSS system at the dealer which is just a few mins from my house, but it was broken and took over a week to get fixed just so they could diagnose the issue. The new ECU had to be programmed in Italy.
  9. Kawagumby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310, 2014 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250R, KDX220, 1987KDX200

I take it that where you live, there are no "lemon" laws that would eliminate the need for litigation? Man, that situation is bad.....sorry for your trouble.
  10. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    Even if there are Lemon laws, they don't usually apply to 'one offs'. They usually only apply where a vehicle is returned to the dealer on a number of occasions either to continually correct a single issue, or a series of different issues. Waiting a month for a part doesn't make the vehicle a lemon.
  11. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    Here in Oregon they have the notion of consecutive days of loss of service. 30 business days out of service in the first year/12k mi for any reason, and you have a claim. A lot of states don't even include motorcycles.
  12. Kawagumby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310, 2014 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250R, KDX220, 1987KDX200
    Well, at least it's a bad turnip or something else stinky. Jeez, you'd think that when they released these bikes, they'd have stocked up with parts somewhere - I can understand delays in getting parts for old models, I once waited 6 weeks for a special bearing from Honda (shipped from Japan), but finally got a std bearing and ground a circlip groove into it on my lathe. You can't do that kind of thing with the solid state devices these bike use.

Husqvarna (whoever that may be now) has us by the balls with the MOSS programming, the key-dashboard programming etc. -
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Years ago when I bought my first Husqvarna, in the 2006-2007 era, when someone had an issue people over on TT (where we were at the time) would help each other out.

Find parts locally and send them to people, loan bikes, make phone calls - almost always something could be done.

Sadly the bikes are so complicated with efi (especially the immobilizer), and you are so far away, I have no way of helping you.
    Chuffa, HuskyDude and kjackbrown like this.
  14. NorthernLad Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F800ST
    I was looking at a Strada a few months ago at a dealer about 1.5 hrs from my house. It got me thinking about getting a second bike, so yesterday when I was working in the area I stopped back in to see what was happening with the company. While waiting for the guy to finish with a customer I overhear this issue of a dead Husky and some talk of BMW Canada and possibly switching dashboards...it was of course Cameron cycle. Must have been your bike. Sorry to hear of your troubles. If it is any help I have a shipping address in Niagara Falls NY...sometimes it is difficult to ship across the border and much easier to just drive down and bring it across yourself.
    If there is anything that you can get shipped that might help please let me know, PM me, just signed up so hopefully it works.
    Good luck but I must admit I am now thinking more of a 700GS or maybe the Honda 700
  15. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am certainly not making excuses for this clusterf-ck but CDN riders were in a different situation than our US friends. BMW Canada was the official Husqvarna Dist in Canada until June 30. KTM NA/HNA had no authority to deal with CDNs until July 1.
    HuskyDude likes this.
  16. OlivierTE250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Terramack, July 8th:
    Yep, Bike is still down going on week 4

Still down? Hope not. Curious how to find out how this was resolved (if it did!).
  17. Terramack Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra
    Still down. They are supposed to be sending a new preprogrammed dash. HNA won't answer or return calls for my ETA request. Both and only dealers in Ontario received a letter from HNA that they are no longer dealers.
    I'm at the point of drafting a letter on litigation intent.

Thanks
  18. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    Sorry to hear.

Ironically my decision to buy my first husqvarna 5 years ago was due to electrical problems with a previous bike.

Really hope it gets sorted out for you. I can only imagine what it's like.
  19. dunc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Did you call Rob Lang? He has a BMW guy from Wolf's in London working with him now. Might have some insight.
  20. OlivierTE250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Still down? Man I hope this issue is resolved! When I bought a new TE250, it ran like crap. At least my dealer was always available to fix the issues and tune the darn thing. I can't imagine that a reputable company would let you down for so long. Did they at least give you a loaner bike?