Southwest U.S. Husqvarna Ride - 11-27-2009 to 11-29-2009

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Husky Relic, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I knew you would have a good time! :thumbsup:
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I addition I took the 10 TXC250 for a spin around the tight sand washes. The bike is really really nice to ride,,,, but she is a race bike and needs to be on the boil, this bike IMHO is a phenom but really is designed for full on pro rider hyper drive, its not a cruiser trail bike, PS that is after about a 20 minute moto on the little monster. the new fork is rock and roll, this is all with no sag or other setup, just jumped on and rode. Pipe was in widest open mode. Word is that more R&D is continuing on the FI settings and now that Meo is on the FI version more good stuff should roll down the hill for you owners. Ty is still working with the TC version so his R&D is all carb stuff at the moment.
  3. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Sounds like you had fun on that 2010 TXC 250 Rob...

So, did they have the efi modded on theres? Interesting to know what settings they might have had, if they did...If not, did you notice the low end bog? Do tell Rob,,,

When you picking one up :D:D

Any intel on Husky in SCORE next year, Little Harden on Husky, etc....

I was dealing with the non driving crowd at Crestwood and I-8, due to the snow and ice that hit yesterday at around 1030 am....Fun, Fun, Fun :lol::lol:

Mitch.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    for TXC250 settings he said he played with the bottom some to get her to clean up, no real details. eventually they will have a clear schedule of settings.
    Also stated was, that the TC250s that ZipTy racing have right now are absolute rippers, he said that Ty has them fierce,,,but Pro rider fierce with head work, exhaust, jetting and lightened flywheels.

Also stated that Nick Bursons 510 machine is set up super good, with the proto type suspension link and also the higher chain slider to reduce spring compression under acceleration, the thing is a very smooth and controlled runner under high speed dez hack.

as for the I-8 ice,,shoot when I stopped it was @36 F and raining.....glad I got the heck out and down the hill before that mess!!! Hope no-one got hurt and only dented up their cars.
    so for the TXC250 stuff I have not got much for you... put some race gas in that baby and get down to railing!!! it looks like a no dust race !!!
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I believe one important piece of information is missing. When will Robert pick up his 2010 TXC250?

:D
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    nope the 250 is not my ideal size,,,,I hope to see a 350-400cc new series x-lite style motor. A 360 would be great to keep the traditional number going. After doing the "mud hills" yesterday I like the torque of the bigger bikes. for tight trails the 250 is full on rock and roll,,,so for me at this point a smooth torque curve mid sized machine will be the ticket. It was good training yesterday with Harden clan in the bad lands mud hills.
  7. TCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry I missed you guys. We were camped out near the beginning of Pole Line Rd. Rode out to Holly Saturday afternoon with kids but was going from memory (which isn't always so good these days) and couldn't find your camp. Sunday AM I rode back out (with directions firmly in hand) and found Scot just getting finished loading . He was the last guy in camp after a long weekend, but looked like he could be comfortable hanging out for another week! What a trooper. We chatted for a few minutes before I fired up the '06 WR and blasted 12 miles back to Pole Line camp. Thanks for your effort Scot, it's much appreciated.
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Sorry I didn't make it out. Had company for the weekend and only managed a couple of short rides.
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I also planned to go but after 25 years of racing and never being hurt my luck ran out
    I got a dislocated collar bone from the clavical and a cracked sterdum .All in all i got lucky and looks like i will still make the first National Jan 25 th .Sounds like i missed a good ride plus it was so close to my house hope we have another one John
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    we missed ya-all!! JK get well and back in the saddle asap!! R
  11. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    It was great riding with you Robert. You're a damn good rider. It was fun being able to not have to "tone" down the ride after a weekend of leading "group" rides around. Don't get me wrong I enjoy riding no matter what kind of ride but it was nice to dial it up a bit after all was said and done. I love those mud hills. You can get really creative on your line selection and the physical sensation of all the change in altitudes and direction. Its cool. After a good rain there is nothing better.

Hopefully we can organize another fun ride some day.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scot, again thanks for takin the time for us fans! Much respect!!
    Hope at least some of the Pro Husky guys make it down to Tecate HS this weekend. I know there is a Big 6 race at RynoLand as well to keep folks away from Mex.
    Also for Brent, we have plenty of pit support among our group of off beat characters if he needs anything for Tecate HS.
  13. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    I'll let Brent know. Johnny told him he could race the bike so I think he is planning on coming down.
  14. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

pitchers, now dangnabit:cool: then post up some pictures!!:D
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    "PS I am not a camera guy,,sooo only cam I have is my phone."

my quote from above, really not a cam guy except for rare helmet cam stuff
  16. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

ePIC fail!
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Let's create one of those motivational/fail posters!!

next time you guys can try to follow around, up and down an AMA hall of fame off roader and his B1K podium finisher son while snapping fotos! (ha ha)

I like the e"PIC" hint there.
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    :lol:
  19. gpsbilly Husqvarna
    C Class

Count me in for the February ride.

Camp B would be another good place to start and finish. Maybe out to the Husky Memorial and back? South from Camp B, east to the saddle near Fremont Peak, up Bird Springs to the Husky memorial, through Grass Valley to Johanesburg for gas and Randsburg for lunch.

Or... over to Black Canyon from the Husky memorial, down to Kramer's junction for gas and lunch, then back to Camp B on Kramer Station road? I've got GPS tracks for those possibilities.
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Well if anyone can put together something like this, it would be you. :thumbsup:

Feel free to start up a new thread! :cheers:

Maybe "who wants to ride ___ in Feb?"