1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Starting a Wr360

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ohmygewd, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    had the same issue with mine 10-15 kicks cold to start it. Was bad reeds, the tip of one was broke off. Check your reeds. New reeds and it is 2-3 kicks cold, 1 hot.
  2. pollolittle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Should I be able to pull the cover off the Powervalve without pulling the exhaust. Pipe is probably bent back so far on that side, which is why I have to pull the pipe. I figure I have to put the pipe back on with the powervavle cover off to see if it is working correctly.

Motosportz - the reeds look brand new, but it makes me wonder if they are the right ones. I couldn't find a number or info on them, they have a lot of tension on them, don't know if that is right either.

Any idea on how to move the left side of the pipe back out away from the frame and coolant hoses and the powervalve. I don't have a torch, so I'm left with bending all natural.

Any idea on why the bike would shift into gear when your using the kill button. Just about the time the engine is almost dead it shifts into gear on its own and gives a little lurch, never had a bike do that either. When do you know you need to change out the clutch parts and pieces?
  3. pollolittle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Pulled the cover off the powervalve. Appears to rise with the throttle pull. As soon as you slowly twist it climbs up. I can move it up and down. It feels like decent spring pressure on it. So right off idle this thing is opening book says nothing about when it opens or how to adjust when.
  4. pollolittle Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think I have found the possible culprit. The powervalve is opening right off of idle, you rev it up and the cable arm goes right along with the twist. Had a chance to pick wallybean' s brain (thanks) and we sorta come to the conclusion is was the governor for the powervalve and I have to open the side cover and pull it out. He told me to be careful of a couple of shims. Any other things to look for while there or even entertain the clutch pack? How about info on how to do this? I am resistant to just jumping in, I like to have some idea before im kneedeep and lost.