Sunshine And Solitude In The Desert: Thanksgiving 2012

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by WoodsChick, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    As always, what a great report! Thanks a bunch for sharing. No bush pilot airshow/rendezvous this year?
    WoodsChick likes this.
  2. Jeremy Howe Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    I was sad to see that adventure end. Great pics and wonderful stories. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.
    WoodsChick likes this.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Those dogs or coyotes or whatever were skinned ... and just skinned recently... Check that town for anyone with new skins on their feet and you'll find whos work that was ...

Yep, I'm used to the pics flattening out the terrain in pics ... Loosing momentum is maybe the single biggest cause of crashing while riding ST areas that are tight ..You gotta twist the throttle open as you did here to keep going forward and let the bike do the work and just hang-on !!! Good idea to see a place to make a dap also along the way to level ground...
    WoodsChick likes this.
  4. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    That 2.5gal gas can has been in enough rr pics that if you were to ever loose it I bet some one would actually recognize it and get it back to you. :D

If you two love the seclusion of the desert, I would say try and ride the Scottish Highlands. I have never been off this continent, but I know I would love to visit/ride the Highland. On a Husky of course. :thumbsup:
    WoodsChick likes this.
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    No, not this time :) The pilots fly into our spot up in far northwestern Nevada. We were smack-dab in central Nevada for Thanksgiving.

You're very welcome, Jeremy!
    I love riding, I love taking pictures, and I love sharing them with my dirt riding brethren. Glad you enjoyed the ride report :thumbsup:
    Coffee likes this.
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    C'mon...you know I can't help posting all the photos and blabbing about our rides :p

Thanks, typeone :thumbsup:
    rajobigguy, bigjon and Coffee like this.
  7. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey, you learn that stuff when you're 5'1" and habitually find yourself on trails like these on an SM610 and/or a very tall WB165 :busted:

As for the coyotes, yes they were very fresh. I'm assuming they left them out there as a warning to the other coyotes, or to let the other ranchers know that they were on it. I see coyotes hanging from fences all the time on our way out to Stonyford. And there wasn't really a town close by. I guess Austin was the closest town, probably 60 or so miles away. It's pretty desolate out there.

:lol: That gas can has been around, for sure! It's a good one. We spray painted it up all camo-like years ago and would stash it in the forest on our way in to Kennedy Meadows. Then we'd do a huge loop because we had gas available :thumbsup: We'd pick it up on the way home. And, yeah, the Highlands sound good to me! Maybe during the Isle of Man :D
  8. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Ahhh got it. I couldn't remember which of your epic rides that was on. That airplane hot spring seekers club is one of my favorite stories to tell people about. And I wasn't even there!
    WoodsChick likes this.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

What about offering a thumb drive of all your trips and stories. Not exactly a digital coffee table but something you could plug into the flat screen and let run in a loop at a get together/party. Awsome stuff as usual.
    WoodsChick and bigjon like this.
  10. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Very, Very Cool…

You two are the epitome of dual sport/adventure riders…

The bar is set pretty high…

Congrats on the getaway and thanks for sharing.:cheers:
    WoodsChick likes this.
  11. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME BABY !
    WoodsChick likes this.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Inlines
  13. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Those pilots are cool, for sure! I wish they had enough fuel to give me a ride but they're always just squeaking by when they're out there. They get nervous if they have to wait too long before taking off or if they have to circle around too much before landing. We might see them again in the spring, unless we end up going somewhere new.

Hey, now that's not a bad idea! I love watching my screensaver on my computer because it shows random photos from all our travels. It's fun to relive the adventures.

Thanks, pahusky :) We do manage to have ourselves a good time whenever we venture out. Even when things go wrong it's always fun as long as you have the right attitude. It beats working, anyway :thumbsup:

When are you ever going to ride with us? Never??
  14. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Don't they know about IMS or Safari Tanks? Sheesh:lol:
  15. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well, the Safari would leave them no money for fuel or alcohol, and the IMS would leak all the extra fuel so it would be a wash :lol:
    I really need another big tank for my 610 but it's killing me to have to buy another IMS. I haven't been able to pull the trigger on it because I'm so disgusted with the quality.
  16. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Ya I guess I am afraid of having an IMS here on the ground. Maybe you and Eric can open a ground crew side biz. Tow a trailer with your bikes and a drum of fuel for them. Get to see cool stuff and maybe get that joy ride.
  17. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    You know, Colo moto, that's not a half-bad idea!!!

Hmm... :thinking:
  18. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Never say never but I will some day..... Doing the TAT next summer with my brother in laws so saving up for that. Just a hint, We're starting at Graceland!!!
  19. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Looks like a great time, jealous!