Super Moto Wheel Compatibility with TE630.

Discussion in '610/630' started by rean1mator, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Bones Husqvarna
    B Class

How does a posi track on a Plymouth work?....it's just does :lol:

I can't answer you with a wealth of knowledge as I didn't have them in my mits long before I sold them. I would venture to guess the hub is offset to one side a tad. Probably for the difference in the SM 310mm rotor being a bit "dished" and the TE rotor being flat.

I will do my best to get a visual to you once my wheels arrive and I test fit it all. :cheers:
  2. rean1mator Husqvarna
    B Class

ok now your making sense.
    except the part about anything on a plymouth working.

let me know what you find out.

3. Bones Husqvarna
    B Class

Well, great news.....the front wheel fit on perfect! This set had the same spacer width as the TE. I am very pleased. Centered n all. Brake rotor bolts are 8mm thread tho vs 6mm on the dirt hubs. Rotor is just zip tied on. Anyone see an issue with buying another TE front rotor and drilling it out to 8mm?? The rear I did not mount and I am not worried there, also the rotor bolts are the same size so I will just get a stock rear TE rotor and call that good back there. Unsure what sprocket I will run. Stock TE or stock SM??

Will post pics in the morning when I am on a pc.
  4. TheDutchman Husqvarna
    C Class

Drilling out the rotors won't be a problem, just make sure you get some sort of oil on the bit and surface, then drill nice and slow! Can't wait to see pictures, sounds awesome!
  5. Bones Husqvarna
    B Class

Pics are nothing special. I am riding Wisconsin this weekend so I didn't bother with any details as I'll be in dirt trim. After this weekend I will focus on this wheel set and getting it mounted and commute a few times before snow flies. I plan to run the motored setup 90% of the time around my area, even gravel as it's pretty flat and straight.
  6. TheDutchman Husqvarna
    C Class

I figured they wouldn't be very special, I just don't believe I've seen a TE with SM wheels fitted yet (I could be wrong about that). Either way, have fun in Wisconsin!
  7. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Man, now I want to do this. My wife is gonna kill me. :)
  8. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

If you run the stock TE sprocket you will have shorter gearing because the SM wheels are shorter. If you run the stock SM sprocket your gearing will be about the same as you have now (I'm guessing) but you will have to move the rear axle forward and may have to get a longer chain. I would guess that a 630 would be pretty forgiving of not having ideal final drive gearing so you might as well try the TE sprocket first before you buy a new sprocket.

Have fun and thanks for posting your findings.
  9. Bones Husqvarna
    B Class

I have a spare sprocket for both TE and SM, so we will see

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG] [IMG]
  10. kevinperry Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda XL250R
    Here is a pic of my TE630 with sm wheels...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh...and runnin 15/40 for gearing ...seems spot on !

KP

Attached Files:

11. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    So the SM wheels just bolt straight on?

It's just a matter of swapping out sprockets and drilling a rotor?
  12. kevinperry Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda XL250R
    Yes...nothing more than that ...my wheels came off a 2010 sm510 . Stock chain works to ...lots of room on the adjusters left .Remember your speedo will be out (over read)and feels very different on the road. Going from a 21 inch front down to 17 actually helped its road manners big time!
  13. Bones Husqvarna
    B Class

There is a way to reset the speedo to SM specs, I need to read into it. Man this much fun on a bike should be illegal (and lots of time is spent being 100% hooligan

From dirt to street in <45 minutes swapping TE rotors to SM wheels.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. kevinperry Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda XL250R
    Yup ...got to love the big Huskies ! Go from gettin dirty and stuck in the mud to schooling sportbike riders how to go around turns !!

Attached Files:

15. Mauro Machado Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi, I did the opposite, my husq is SM and I have changed to TE, but I'm trying
    gauge of the speedometer sm to TE, I'm not getting there properly!
    I try to follow the manual and all I can get it is the code so I change it for 0001 and 0002, but I can not get out of there!
    Can you help me?

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG] [IMG][/quote]
  16. rean1mator Husqvarna
    B Class

All,
    So i finally did the swap last week and everything went smooth. I need to sort out a couple of issues tho' and wondering what others have done to resolve:

1. Kickstand - The TE kickstand is to long and sits the bike up to upright. I'm told by my dealer tho' that the te and sm have the same kickstand. I really don't know how this is possible since the SM has both shorter travel and smaller wheels. I do have a center stand that Cigar Mike made for me last year but just never installed it. May just go this route.
    2. Wheels size adjust on Speedo: 610 instructions do not work and could not find anything in shop manual or owners manual on how to adjust. Anyone do this successfully? or should i just go to Trailtech cpu? also is anyone using the vapor on the 630? I don't see it listed for this model on the trailtech site.
  17. COorbust Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '09 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Shadow ACE
    Reviving an old TE/SM Thread here --- with a twist: Planning to buy an '11 TE 630. Want to ride it from NJ out to CO next September. Have been toying with the idea of getting a SM set-up. The (possible) plan: Ship TE wheels set-up out to a friend in CO. Ride out there on the SM's. Swap 'em out and ride "ADV" style up and around the mountains and passes for 2 to 3 weeks, swap 'em back to SM's and ride home (of course ship the TE set-up back home). The whole trip will be 4 to 5 weeks. And YES, I fully understand that the 630TE/SM is certainly not the IDEAL half-the-country-out-and-back "Touring" bike --- but that's all part of the "Adventure"...:D (Would also have a new Seat Concepts seat!). SO, my question: Anybody know how much the whole TE wheel set-up WEIGHS (so I can get an estimate on Shipping costs --- not TOO worried about it. Making this DREAM trek happen will be worth the expense). Just trying to figure it all out...
  18. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    That would be a cool trip. People have ridden a lot less bike cross country.

~40lbs for the pair of TE wheels/tires.

It'd be hella cheaper to have some T63/606/TR8's shipped to your buddy and just change tires for the off road part. Burn up a set of 80/20's (shinko 705's) for the slab portion.

I just rode my 630 in CO/UT in Sept, it was awesome.

19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Sounds FUN! :)
  20. Gav Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR 600 SRAD:Sold ZXR 400 H2:Sold
    Hi

I thought I would post in here as well as I have converted my SM to run both sets of wheels.

I just used the set of spacers from my SM wheels and fitted the 21/18 on without any problems. Second hand set from ebay.
    I'm currently running the Big SM Brembo on the 21" but will swap this over to a smaller TE brake as it's over kill when riding.

The kickstands are definitely different lengths. The SM is about an inch shorter and if you are going SM to TE you will want to get the longer kickstand or modify your current one.
    The SM stand is too short and the bike is on the edge of falling over so need to be careful where you put it.

I've found that the SM also has a smaller rear swing arm which has less clearance for the tyre, Not had too much in terms of clearance issues other than the flappy rubber mud guard for the shock has been chewed up a little.
    I think I will keep an eye out for a swingarm and swap it over for extra clearance as I am running the 21/18 setup 80% of the time now.

Hope this helps someone in the future.